C/LW 6 ' 200bpbs50% FOW big skilled , likes to hit and fight
Trade
Teddy Blueger 2.1 mil C
50% FOW 6' 1" 200 lbs speed pk

3rd line shutdown line
Dakota Blueger Jamcrock

Trade
Kampf
I'm fine without Holmberg and especially Kampf in the lineup. The roster needs an overhaul this summer

Knies Matthews Marner
Cowan Wennberg Nylander
Robertson Tavares Jarnkrok
Trenin Minten Clutterbuck

Reilly Tanev
McCabe Peeke
Benoit Liljegren

Woll
Brossoit

Trades:
Kampf for a 4th and 6th
Holmberg for Peeke
Reaves a 4th and 6th for futures

Let walk:

Domi, Bertuzzi, Brodie, McMann, Gregor, Giordano, Samsonov

Signing :

Wennberg 5x4.5
Tanev 3 x 4.5
Brossoit 2 x 2
Trenin 4 x 2
Clutterbuck 1 x 1.5

To be honest I'm unsure on alot of that, this team won't get significantly better or deeper until Tavares is off the books
Wennberg
40 pt player
-21 for his career
10 goals
45% FOW
worth 4.5 mil
3rd line C at best

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
To be clear this is not a rumor but a trade suggestion, many of you have had enough of Mitch many of you love him... some of you dont want his 12 to 14 mil new contract.

How about a trade that looks like this:

Kaapo Kakko (RW) (2nd overall in 2019) 5G - 1A
Alexis Lafreniere (RW) (1st overall in 2020) 12G - 17A
+ around 4mil in cap (Player X)

for

Mitch Marner (RW) (4th overall in 2015) - 20G - 33A

We get younger faster untapped potential, Rangers get a first line RW star.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I'd rather Tre do nothing than make a bad splash just to make a splash.

I'd also rather 3 minor but sharp/smart deals than 1 big but reckless deal.

We don't have the team nor the pieces (I mean yes the pieces are there, but can't afford to give them up) to be competing in the big splash deals.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
To be clear this is not a rumor but a trade suggestion, many of you have had enough of Mitch many of you love him... some of you dont want his 12 to 14 mil new contract.

How about a trade that looks like this:

Kaapo Kakko (RW) (2nd overall in 2019) 5G - 1A
Alexis Lafreniere (RW) (1st overall in 2020) 12G - 17A
+ around 4mil in cap (Player X)

for

Mitch Marner (RW) (4th overall in 2015) - 20G - 33A

We get younger faster untapped potential, Rangers get a first line RW star.
Marner = NMC

Reactions: Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'd rather Tre do nothing than make a bad splash just to make a splash.

I'd also rather 3 minor but sharp/smart deals than 1 big but reckless deal.

We don't have the team nor the pieces (I mean yes the pieces are there, but can't afford to give them up) to be competing in the big splash deals.

Yeah I don’t think you make a splash unless a high quality defensemen on a really good contract with term becomes available and you can do it without completely gutting our picks and prospects. So basically unlikely.

What you suggest in the second paragraph is exactly what I have been advocating for here lately. Smart moves that focus on areas of most weakness at reasonable costs. We need a shutdown line to help us close out games and also line up against quality players throughout the game without having to tie up 34 and 16 on defensive duties. These same players, in turn, should be able to assist on the PK. Focus on that to start. Then add a D as well if you can.

But still, not rentals.

Last edited:

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Don’t expect that 4th line to do much offensively, which is what’s usually expected from your 4th line. Domi did not fare well at all when he started the season on the wing. I still would like to see a solid shutdown line, and I dont see that here On the 3rd line with Robertson on it.
With Domi and Gregor being on the 4th line, I find it more of a buzzing line, they would be able to play with speed, get on the forecheck hard and chip in now and then. I just don’t think Domi is good enough to be a 3rd line C, far too bad in his own end.

The issue with Robertson then, is if you want your 3rd line to be purely shutdown, Robertson can’t play on it and then you come back to having scoring issues, which is what has happened in the past with having Kampf on the 3rd line, you need a top 9 that can all chip in and score. That’s why I am on the boat of having all two way players on your 3rd line.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
None that I can think of in Marners situation.
If we were to move on from Marner, and he wouldn't waive his NMC so we let him walk, we would have to hope that it would turn out the same way as when Tavares left the Islanders. They certainly didn't bottom out. Of course I realize that isn't always the case. But if we finish the playoffs the same way we did last year, or lose again in the 1st round, or even worse we miss the playoffs, to me, we need to trade one of the core, even if it's just for cap relief. I don't know how anyone could see it differently.

Reactions: Fogelhund

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I wonder if we see Brad make some fringe moves while still hunting for that top 4 D.

Something like Bjugstad and Gudbranson(heavily retained) in.

Kampf/Timmins/Reaves out.

Add a big forward that can score in the bottom 6 and play C or RW. and Gudbranson and Benny would be a pain of a 3rd pair to try to forecheck against.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Including yesterday.
Who was traded with a NMC yesterday?

If we were to move on from Marner, and he wouldn't waive his NMC so we let him walk, we would have to hope that it would turn out the same way as when Tavares left the Islanders. They certainly didn't bottom out. Of course I realize that isn't always the case. But if we finish the playoffs the same way we did last year, or lose again in the 1st round, or even worse we miss the playoffs, to me, we need to trade one of the core, even if it's just for cap relief. I don't know how anyone could see it differently.
Letting him walk is an option of course.

Reactions: Captain Crunch

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
As much as I’d like quite a few players moved/replaced, we should also remember how turning over a quarter of the roster at the trade deadline last year really worked out for us (yes I know we won a round).

The trade deadline isn’t a time to turn over a quarter or more of your lineup. Save that for the off-season. Especially when this doesn’t look like it’ll be our year.

Move out Domi for a 2nd round pick to whichever team is willing to give you it. Use that 2nd rounder along with a few other pieces (draft picks or prospects) to acquire Wennberg and Borgen from Seattle.

Maybe look to add a 4th liner who can kill penalties and replace either McMann, Gregor or Reaves in the lineup. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Jarnkrok - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Wennberg - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Robertson
________ - Kampf - Holmberg

Rielly - Borgen
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe

Woll - Samsonov

Keep our 1st round draft pick, should be a decent pick. Look at making a big splash on the blueline this off-season.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I expect almost everyone to be signed before UFA status is obtained.

1706807531716.png

If you could chose though?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Trade protection waived... same, but different, unless we choose to pedant away.

Kuzmenko had Calgary on the NTC, he waived.
Yes players at times waive NTC's, that's hardly a revelation.
What's the point you're trying to make?

horner

May 22, 2007
As much as I’d like quite a few players moved/replaced, we should also remember how turning over a quarter of the roster at the trade deadline last year really worked out for us (yes I know we won a round).

The trade deadline isn’t a time to turn over a quarter or more of your lineup. Save that for the off-season. Especially when this doesn’t look like it’ll be our year.

Move out Domi for a 2nd round pick to whichever team is willing to give you it. Use that 2nd rounder along with a few other pieces (draft picks or prospects) to acquire Wennberg and Borgen from Seattle.

Maybe look to add a 4th liner who can kill penalties and replace either McMann, Gregor or Reaves in the lineup. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Jarnkrok - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Wennberg - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Robertson
________ - Kampf - Holmberg

Rielly - Borgen
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe

Woll - Samsonov

Keep our 1st round draft pick, should be a decent pick. Look at making a big splash on the blueline this off-season.
Why Wennberg
46% FOW
He has a -21 +/- over his career
12 g 40 pts
Doesn't screem 2nd lom

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I wonder if we could do a deal with Colorado once Woll is healthy?

Something like Jones for Holm and a 2025 4th round pick perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad