Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Peeke or Zadorov are two defencemen who should be available and attainable.

Rielly - Peeke
Brodie - Klingberg
McCabe - Liljegren

OR

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Liljegren
Zadorov - Klingberg

Personally I’d rather go for Peeke.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I hate the idea of emptying the cupboards. I love having some kids to contribute. Depends, I guess, on if you think this is a year where we could really win or not.

Unfortunately the Dubas regime could not draft or acquire a single cost controlled defenceman in their 6 or 7 years, however long it was.

This org just really struggles to draft and develop top 4 D.
Muzzin was one example
Brodie another
Jury still out on McCabe, I am sure he will be fine seperated from Klingberg

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Maintaining forward depth seems crucial, I agree with you there. We can't have "low event" bottom 6s, you just need so much more in the playoffs.

Next year we have some space if we move on from Sammy, too.
That's why I want to keep the forward depth, some of those guys have to score eventually
Domi+ for Peeke

Rielly-Peeke
Brodie/McCabe- Klingberg
Brodie/McCabe-Liljegren

Rielly has been great with Schenn. Great with Hainsey. Peeke has 2 more seasons at 2.75
That's going to be one hell of a plus, because Domi is going to be seen as a cap dump we need to pay to get rid of

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Peeke or Zadorov are two defencemen who should be available and attainable.

Rielly - Peeke
Brodie - Klingberg
McCabe - Liljegren

OR

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Liljegren
Zadorov - Klingberg

Personally I’d rather go for Peeke.

Peeke is absolutely available now, and it's pretty well known. I'd take a chance on him.

Zadorov is not likely currently available, and would be dependent on how Calgary does as the season goes. If they fall out of contention, and it's way too early to have that conversation, he probably would become available and would be a pretty good addition.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
That's why I want to keep the forward depth, some of those guys have to score eventually

That's going to be one hell of a plus, because Domi is going to be seen as a cap dump we need to pay to get rid of

You know... Columbus is completely void of C's. Laine has taken the second most faceoffs on that team. Viewing Domi as a C, might actually be attractive to them. A bit soon to give up on Domi, but it's not an idea without merits.

Reactions: horner

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You know... Columbus is completely void of C's. Laine has taken the second most faceoffs on that team. Viewing Domi as a C, might actually be attractive to them. A bit soon to give up on Domi, but it's not an idea without merits.
Didn't he already make a stop in Columbus on his league tour?

Reactions: Rocker13

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

That's why I think they will want Minten
He'd be a good building block for them

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Almost two seasons worth, yes... sounds like a great time for a reunion. Am I overselling this?
Not at all, if you could flip Domi for Peeke I’d be all over that, it addresses a bigger need on the team. Won’t happen, too early in the season beside the run and gun hockey will ensure they outscore most teams in the regular season. Playoffs……not so much…….

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Maybe not, but he played 82 regular season games and 21 in the playoffs for Florida last year. I barely noticed him, which is exactly how I like my stay at home defensemen.

If you’re higher on McCabe than I am so be it, but the only thing that’s impressed me about him is how unimpressive he’s been. If he’s still part of this D core come playoff time I’m terrified

You barely noticed Staal because he was too slow to get in the camera frame before the play gets called.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That's why I think they will want Minten
He'd be a good building block for them

They're overthinking it to be honest

Fantilli-Sillinger-Jenner-Kuraly

DONE

Just give Fantilli good wingers.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
To Nashville - Jarnkrok, Liljegren, McCabe
To Toronto - Tomasino, Schenn, Parssinen

To Arizona - Knies, Samsonov, Robertson
To Toronto - Crouse (50% retained), Hayton, Moser, Vejmelka, Soderstrom

To Vancouver: Klingberg
To Toronto: Soucy

Crouse - Tavares - Tomasino
Parssinen - Hayton - Nylander

Rielly - Schenn
Moser - Brodie
Soucy - Soderstrom

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Might need to check in on Gibson’s availability. Samsonov and Domi’s cap hit would cover Gibson’s.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I’m sure Gibson’s numbers are lower due to playing on an awful Anaheim team these past few years. Put him on a contender and I’m sure you get a real number 1 goalie.

Hopefully Treliving is making calls to Columbus and working on a deal for Peeke.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If we're talking depth defender who make little to nothing I like Jonathan Kovacevic
Doubt Montreal would trade him to us. But he’s been surprisingly pretty decent but I think we definitely need to aim higher.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Wish Marner didn’t have a NMC. Lots of potential options we could’ve tried to shop him for:
Konency + Hart
Saros + Evangelista/Tomasino
Hanifin + Mangiapane
Etc.

This team needs a big move, but we’re stuck with what we have between contract clauses and pending UFAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad