Jun 30, 2018
good for jim rutherford. guy has guts. i hope they win the cup

Last edited by a moderator:

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Still not sure this is the year to go for it, maybe sell off Domi, Bertuzzi, Kampf, Brodie and work in the off season to get better via free agency.

Wennberg, Tanev, Forsling and this is a much much better team

Reactions: meefer

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Glad Tanev is off the market, did not want to trade for him. On the other hand, although the price for Lindholme is likely extraordinate, he would have fit in perfectly.

swing for Chychyrun. These young D who can skate like that do not come available very often. We should be giving up whatever we can to get him

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Chychrun would be my number 1 target. Dubas trading that package for ROR instead of Chychrun last year was such an idiotic move.
Well, except for the part where Arizona wanted a larger package from Toronto than Ottawa ended up paying for him...

Reactions: arso40

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Blue line shots efficiency is around 3%.. meanwhile, he's really not very good defensively.

By the way... Timmins has a great shot from the point...

Ottawa gives up 4 GA/60 when he's on the ice... the worst on the team easily. (It's also the same results as when Klingberg was on the ice for us) Ottawa is 23rd in the league on the PP... When he was on Arizona, they were 30th. He'd get torn up here by the fans so badly for his defense, it's not even funny.

He's got 11 points on the PP... Morgan has 14....

Clamouring for a point shot, when they aren't really effective is so dated, particularly for an expensive player, who isn't very good defensively.

Chychrun has one of if not the best point shot in the league. Can’t compare him to league averages and those that whip muffins in from the point hoping for a tip.

I’ve seen Chychrun play quite a bit and he’s not great defensively but certainly not the train wreck you’ve made him out to be. He can be a game changer for a team like a Shea Theodore.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Heres a roster for next season without trading our 1st our any of our prospects @WTFMAN99

RFA resigns
Benoit 1.25M * 2
Lagoie .850K
Robertson 1.5M * 2

UFA signings
Wennberg 4M * 3
Roy 5.5M * 5
Lafferty 1.5M * 2
Trenin 1.5M * 2
Nedeljkovic 1.5M * 2

Trades
Kampf for Peeke, Bad contact for bad contact change of scenery

Reeves + Tor 5th 2024 to anybody for free

liljegren + Cal 5th 2024 to Columbus for Provorov 2M retained, Columbus gets younger and team control for multiple years Leafs get cheap top 4D this year and next

Timmins to anybody for free

Knies Matthews Marner
.925. 13.250. 10.9
Nylander Wennberg Cowan
11.5. 4. .935
Robertson Tavares Jarnkrok
1.5. 11. 2.1
Trenin Holmberg Lafferty
1.5. .800. 1.5
Ellis

Rielly Roy
7.5. 5.5
Provorov McCabe
2.725 2
Benoit Peeke
1.25. 2.75
Lajoie

Woll
Nedeljkovic

2M in cap space and if the Russian Tsyplakov comes over he plays on the bottom line and we save another .6M

ok you lot, rip it apart 🤣

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Saw this on the flames board. Interesting trade idea

Okie-dokie then. Since I'm biding my time until the puck drop I've come up with a whopper of a trade not heard of since the 80's and that wonderful Dougie Gilmour blockbuster trade with another former Flames GM.

So without further ado..

Ahem.

To Toronto:
Markstrom
Tanev (50% retained)
8.25 M out

To Flames: (take a deep breath)
Pontus Holmberg 800K
Nick Robertson 797K
Timothy Liljegren 1.4M
Ilya Samsonov 3.6M
Ryan Reaves 1.4M
2024 1st
~7.997 in

Not the draft pick or grade A prospect haul folks have speculated about, but 3 team controlled players in the right age group for a re-tool, one reclamation project (maybe) in a goaltender, and one kinda bad contract but a player who, when healthy, scares the beejezus out of people.

The sheer number of players from the T.O. side is strictly to make the cap work.

Who's with me?

P.S.

After a while it doesn't hurt anymore.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
If we don’t want to spend premium assets. I’ve heard Zadarov hasn’t fit well in VCR. Moreover, with bringing in Lindholm and Tanev they may not have room for him.

I’ve heard he could be shopped.

Might we still scoop him up for 5th or so?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Glad Tanev is off the market, did not want to trade for him. On the other hand, although the price for Lindholme is likely extraordinate, he would have fit in perfectly.

swing for Chychyrun. These young D who can skate like that do not come available very often. We should be giving up whatever we can to get him
Tanev wasn't traded

Reactions: arso40

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
At a glance seems like Vancouver does well, they're having a good season and added a good centre (albeit whose having a down year).

Flames pick up some useful assets for a piece they were going to lose. That said, the 1st is seemingly the only high value asset paired with a bunch of stuff thats the equivalent value of a few mid round picks

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
One stop shop with Seattle, Wennberg and Borgen. Not sure what it would take to acquire those two but they fit our team needs.

Jarnkrok - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Wennberg - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Robertson
McMann - Kampf - Holmberg

Rielly - Borgen
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe

Yes I know having Borgen isn’t ideal with Rielly, we aren’t going to fix all our team’s issues at the TDL. Odd man out of this lineup is Domi, just don’t see a fit with him. Ideally we trade him for a 2nd and use that 2nd in the deal with Seattle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skullz

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
At a glance seems like Vancouver does well, they're having a good season and added a good centre (albeit whose having a down year).

Flames pick up some useful assets for a piece they were going to lose. That said, the 1st is seemingly the only high value asset paired with a bunch of stuff thats the equivalent value of a few mid round picks
Kuzmenko will be interesting with a new team... even with a normal shooting percentage, he would have put up 55 points last year... near the same pace as Lindholm this year... though clearly Lindholm is far superior.

This is pretty good production for a D+1 RD....

Brzustewicz - RD, 69 points in 47 D+1 year...

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Yeah the deal has the potential to be really good for the Flames if Kuzmenko bounces back and maybe gets flipped next year, and that Scrabble name D-man turns into a solid NHLer. Vancouver also got $5.5M of freed up cap space for next year, which is an underrated part of this deal

Surprised there was no retention on Lindholm, but solid deal nonetheless.

Reactions: Menzinger

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Heres a roster for next season without trading our 1st our any of our prospects @WTFMAN99

RFA resigns
Benoit 1.25M * 2
Lagoie .850K
Robertson 1.5M * 2

UFA signings
Wennberg 4M * 3
Roy 5.5M * 5
Lafferty 1.5M * 2
Trenin 1.5M * 2
Nedeljkovic 1.5M * 2

Trades
Kampf for Peeke, Bad contact for bad contact change of scenery

Reeves + Tor 5th 2024 to anybody for free

liljegren + Cal 5th 2024 to Columbus for Provorov 2M retained, Columbus gets younger and team control for multiple years Leafs get cheap top 4D this year and next

Timmins to anybody for free

Knies Matthews Marner
.925. 13.250. 10.9
Nylander Wennberg Cowan
11.5. 4. .935
Robertson Tavares Jarnkrok
1.5. 11. 2.1
Trenin Holmberg Lafferty
1.5. .800. 1.5
Ellis

Rielly Roy
7.5. 5.5
Provorov McCabe
2.725 2
Benoit Peeke
1.25. 2.75
Lajoie

Woll
Nedeljkovic

2M in cap space and if the Russian Tsyplakov comes over he plays on the bottom line and we save another .6M

ok you lot, rip it apart 🤣

Okay RFAs, I actually don't think you'll need to pay Benoit or Robertson that, maybe I am wrong on Robertson. I'd prefer Laggesson over Lajoie and even then I don't think it's more than league minimum.

In terms of the UFA stuff - I like it all except I don't think Lafferty would come back unless Keefe left, although he probably is.

Trades are fine enough but I just don't think Provorov would be the guy we'd be targetting, my 2 cents.

It's not bad at all.

Reactions: Kiwi and arso40

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Really hope we can acquire a big name under 30 player by hoodwinking another team with a on-paper overpayment but in reality zero game impact haul.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Still not sure this is the year to go for it, maybe sell off Domi, Bertuzzi, Kampf, Brodie and work in the off season to get better via free agency.

Wennberg, Tanev, Forsling and this is a much much better team
Is it really though? I think we'd need to aim higher than that. Those guys do not move the needle any more than the other group.

Reactions: Erndog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad