Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If we’re looking for a center (which we should be), I feel like Wennberg would be the way to go. Good two-way player, has good size and more of a playmaker whose offensive numbers should improve playing alongside someone like Nylander. Wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to acquire and someone I’d be interested in re-signing.

Then look for a third pairing defenceman to pair with Benoit and call it a day at the TDL. Keep our 1st round pick.

Reactions: arso40

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
If we’re looking for a center (which we should be), I feel like Wennberg would be the way to go. Good two-way player, has good size and more of a playmaker whose offensive numbers should improve playing alongside someone like Nylander. Wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to acquire and someone I’d be interested in re-signing.

Then look for a third pairing defenceman to pair with Benoit and call it a day at the TDL. Keep our 1st round pick.
I like it

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Would be nice if that attitude makes it the Atlantic. Seems like teams.in this division have too many hangouts about it, especially Habs and the Sens

There are two young in their prime defenseman who are reportedly on the market and would be great adds for the Leafs (Chychrun, Hanifin), but the two franchises that have them would never in a million years trade them to the Leafs for a fair price.

Frankly it’s ridiculous that Calgary would be more willing to deal with Vancouver than Toronto simply because Treliving left. Yeah, I’m sure being partly responsible for helping hand the Cup to a divisional and Canadian rival would be so much more palatable than making a trade with an out of conference team.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Hate that I'm saying this but Vancouver is going to be good. Maybe best Canadian team and best chance at a cup

Pettersson Lindholm is a very nice 1,2
Demko is Elite
No,

Pettersson, Miller is a very nice 1,2. Youre not gonna move the 2 guys on pace for over 100 points for a guy coming in with a pace for just over 50 points.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Would be nice if that attitude makes it the Atlantic. Seems like teams.in this division have too many hangouts about it, especially Habs and the Sens
It *shouldn't be* much of a problem if the teams are clearly going in opposite directions.

Reactions: Menzinger

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The West is going to be a bloodbath, what an impressive turnaround by Vancouver honestly.
There seems to be a curse on teams who add big players at or around the trade deadline. Happened to Florida a couple of years ago, Boston, Toronto and the Rangers last season, etc. Probably too much messing with the chemistry of an already successful team. It's usually the under the radar trades (Barbashev last year, Goodrow and Coleman for Tampa a few years ago) that end up making the biggest impact.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There are two young in their prime defenseman who are reportedly on the market and would be great adds for the Leafs (Chychrun, Hanifin), but the two franchises that have them would never in a million years trade them to the Leafs for a fair price.

Frankly it’s ridiculous that Calgary would be more willing to deal with Vancouver than Toronto simply because Treliving left. Yeah, I’m sure being partly responsible for helping hand the Cup to a divisional and Canadian rival would be so much more palatable than making a trade with an out of conference team.

Do we really need to spend our currency on PMD, who play on the Left side, who aren't particularly physical? And in Chychrun's case, not very good defensively, and gets much of his points on the PP, where he likely doesn't get that time here?

We don't need more Rielly's, we need a diversified D, so spending our currency on similar players makes as much sense as building around soft skilled forwards only.

I mean their ages are attractive, but more chasing shiny brand name players.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
There seems to be a curse on teams who add big players at or around the trade deadline. Happened to Florida a couple of years ago, Boston, Toronto and the Rangers last season, etc. Probably too much messing with the chemistry of an already successful team. It's usually the under the radar trades (Barbashev last year, Goodrow and Coleman for Tampa a few years ago) that end up making the biggest impact.
We'll see what the final details of the trade are, but if the gist of it is Kuzmenko off the roster and Lindholm in, I fail to see how that isn't an upgrade for the Canucks

Reactions: arso40

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
We'll see what the final details of the trade are, but if the gist of it is Kuzmenko off the roster and Lindholm in, I fail to see how that isn't an upgrade for the Canucks
No doubt, especially considering Kuzmenko hardly plays at this point. But it feels like these big acquisitions never seem to work out.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Do we really need to spend our currency on PMD, who play on the Left side, who aren't particularly physical? And in Chychrun's case, not very good defensively, and gets much of his points on the PP, where he likely doesn't get that time here?

We don't need more Rielly's, we need a diversified D, so spending our currency on similar players makes as much sense as building around soft skilled forwards only.

I mean their ages are attractive, but more chasing shiny brand name players.

We don’t have a single shooting threat from the blueline. Chychrun is an elite shooter. Most of our defense are inept offensively outside of Rielly. A shot like Chychrun’s would be a massive upgrade to PP1 as teams have to close out on him opening ice for our stars, or be punished.

Reactions: arso40 and Avilaj07

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Tanev in the deal too maybe….

Canucks would be favourites for sure with that lineup.
Happy about that just for the fact that we aren’t trading for him.

Go young go big or go home. Need another blue chip piece on the back end to build around. Liljegren, McCabe, Benoit are solid pieces… but we need another high end talent to take some of the lord off Rielly.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Canucks making moves

Treliving sits on his hands all season while we are a wreck

I guess it’s a good thing he isn’t wasting assets. Yet.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Don't quote me

One of my co workers who is a big leafs fan, just called me saying Tanev is close to being traded to the Leafs. Don't quote me, but he's gotten some things right in the past. He's also gotten a lot of things wrong, but throw enough shit on a wall and something will stick.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
We don’t have a single shooting threat from the blueline. Chychrun is an elite shooter. Most of our defense are inept offensively outside of Rielly. A shot like Chychrun’s would be a massive upgrade to PP1 as teams have to close out on him opening ice for our stars, or be punished.
Blue line shots efficiency is around 3%.. meanwhile, he's really not very good defensively.

By the way... Timmins has a great shot from the point...

Ottawa gives up 4 GA/60 when he's on the ice... the worst on the team easily. (It's also the same results as when Klingberg was on the ice for us) Ottawa is 23rd in the league on the PP... When he was on Arizona, they were 30th. He'd get torn up here by the fans so badly for his defense, it's not even funny.

He's got 11 points on the PP... Morgan has 14....

Clamouring for a point shot, when they aren't really effective is so dated, particularly for an expensive player, who isn't very good defensively.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Don't quote me

One of my co workers who is a big leafs fan, just called me saying Tanev is close to being traded to the Leafs. Don't quote me, but he's gotten some things right in the past. He's also gotten a lot of things wrong, but throw enough shit on a wall and something will stick.
Back to Van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad