Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Canucks already reportedly wanting to move on from Zadorov already.

Millstein said he expects his client to finish the year in Vancouver. Zadorov is getting pretty tough usage in terms of zone starts with Vancouver and all things considered, doing pretty well.

Reactions: Duffman955

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
JEE would be pricey and likely isn’t available

If the Leafs are looking at a centre upgrade with versatility I’d keep tabs on Gourde should Seattle fall out of the race.

Signed through next year too.
Gourde would be one of the best moves the Leafs could possibly make. He could fit into so many different roles in our lineup

TB fans still talk about how much they miss him

Reactions: uncleben

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I went really cheap up front and added Wennberg, so I gave Cowan, Minten, Grebyonkin, Tsyplakov a chance to make the roster up front and cheap in goal

I also tried to trade for defense (Fabbro Provorov) and only sign one UFA

My idea works money wise but it's risky to play as many rookies as i was penciling in

Think you're missing images :)

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
@Kiwi

I know we spoke a bit about Wennberg a bit, what do you think of an off-season such as this?

The Vegas one is probably the most controversial.

Forsling would be my priority but I would be open to others if that failed such as DeMelo or Roy and if so, maybe there is more money for a better LW than Duclair. Trying to add some mobility into the roster. Duchene could be an interesting add for 1 year.

View attachment 812579
View attachment 812580
View attachment 812581
Think the plan with Reaves is to LTIR him for the jello knees when they're done with him.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
I went really cheap up front and added Wennberg, so I gave Cowan, Minten, Grebyonkin, Tsyplakov a chance to make the roster up front and cheap in goal

I also tried to trade for defense (Fabbro Provorov) and only sign one UFA

My idea works money wise but it's risky to play as many rookies as i was penciling in
I like wennberg too.
Have we signed tsyplakov?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Becoming more apparent we may need a hybrid 2/3C as early as next season. Should be interesting to see if anyone shakes free in the UFA pool given the cap crunch league wide.
He was mentioned by another poster, but if Yanni Gourde is available he's perfect for the role

He's a ~50 point center who is very good all around. The only knock on him is he's 32 so we may want to target someone younger

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Bertuzzi has a NMC I believe.

Yeah I don't think that's the end of the world... he's not performing here. It's a contract year. He's better off from a financial standpoint, if he can go somewhere else with an opportunity to start producing.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Could Phil Kessel give us a little scoring touch this late in his career, having sat out all this time?
He was reasonably effective in the regular season for VGK last year. Didn't see much ice during the playoffs though, so...

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Could Phil Kessel give us a little scoring touch this late in his career, having sat out all this time?
That would be the ultimate reverse Leafy thing, if Phil comes back and lead us to the Cup and become a 4 times Cup Winner.

When you think about it beside Dion and JVR, our so called core from back then had won Cup/s, Bozak, Phil and Kadri.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Is Phil Kessel more trusted to be on the ice over anyone on the bottom 6 right now? I don't think so.

Maybe ride him in the top 6 and push Knies down but I doubt that.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Reaves.

I would want it to happen but thats because im a huge kessel fan and i love him. Dont think he's what we need sadly.
Well yes, but realistically with a healthy roster Reaves shouldn't be in the lineup anyways but you never know with Keefe.

I agree, apart from the d-core, I think Toronto top 6 is okay for now, but they need to find a solid two way centerman for the 3rd line, I don't think Domi is the answer for it going into the playoffs and Kampf doesn't have enough offence to be playing on that line.

A line of Robertson - Henrique - Järnkrok

Or a 3rd line center along those lines to play solid in both ends of the ice.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I wonder if Lindholm would consider a Bertuzzi/Domi 1-year deal to rebuild his value in the offseason. Stick him between Nylander and Tavares and we're instantly better off (in theory).

It's possible though that Bertuzzi's struggles this year and lack of PP time might discourage big name players from signing these type of deals with Toronto.

Reactions: arso40

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Could be worth a shot with Jarnkrok out for awhile. He's got 3 cups, he's got a ton of experience. A part time player to have around the room.

Reactions: Stephen

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if Lindholm would consider a Bertuzzi/Domi 1-year deal to rebuild his value in the offseason. Stick him between Nylander and Tavares and we're instantly better off (in theory).

It's possible though that Bertuzzi's struggles this year and lack of PP time might discourage big name players from signing these type of deals with Toronto.

I feel like Bertuzzi’s lack of success is a bit of a turnoff for free agents getting a spot on the Nylander Tavares line if you were to propose a mercenary bet on yourself stint.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Could be worth a shot with Jarnkrok out for awhile. He's got 3 cups, he's got a ton of experience. A part time player to have around the room.

I’m just thinking occasional scoring versatility and the pure novelty, nostalgia factor. We got retirement contracts for guys like Gio and Spezza. How about a real Leaf star?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

He turned down $9m from Calgary. Unless he is another Klingberg he should get $9m minimum after Willie got $11.5m. Can't see him talking a 1 year deal if somebody offers him $63m. Only a greedy player would do that.

Reactions: Captain Crunch

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He turned down $9m from Calgary. Unless he is another Klingberg he should get $9m minimum after Willie got $11.5m. Can't see him talking a 1 year deal if somebody offers him $63m. Only a greedy player would do that.
As much as I like Lindholm, no way he’s worth anywhere near 9 mil per year, that just crazy……..

I’m just thinking occasional scoring versatility and the pure novelty, nostalgia factor. We got retirement contracts for guys like Gio and Spezza. How about a real Leaf star?
There’s a reason no team has signed him , and h wasn’t a 3rd/4th liner. It’d be like using a wrench as a hammer imo…….

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He may but IMO, it's more likely he just walks there as a UFA. Why hurt is new teams chances by removing good players from it.

That never makes sense.

Why wouldn’t anyone else do that?
A player giving up the 8th year and dealing with Toronto media all day every day.

Mitch can’t handle that. I doubt he would stay

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That never makes sense.

Why wouldn’t anyone else do that?
A player giving up the 8th year and dealing with Toronto media all day every day.

Mitch can’t handle that. I doubt he would stay
You think he wants to leave?

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Yeah I don't think that's the end of the world... he's not performing here. It's a contract year. He's better off from a financial standpoint, if he can go somewhere else with an opportunity to start producing.
Yes, but you'd be selling low. I would much sooner hang onto him and see if, at the latest, he can turn things around by the playoffs (when it matters the most)!

Reactions: Buds17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad