Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Jiricek is apparently pissed that he was sent down to the AHL....it is hard to find impact RD in this league.

This is between TDL and off-season

1706473275673.png

1706473308623.png

1706473326398.png

Early look is that Tanev would help our PK a bit and Jiricek has a nice shot from the point.

Silfverberg and Blueger are also good defensive/pk guys.

Kostin can chuck surprisingly well.

There is a ton of cap space left over to bolster any short coming...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Jirichek would cost a ton

I look at it kind like Liljegren, Robertson and Minten for Jiricek...I realize he's a high pick but Liljegren is still a pretty good young RD, probably 2nd pair calibre.

Believe Minten has some value in the league, Jenner/Kuraly getting older and Robertson is producing fairly well relative to TOI.

Are we having to add our 1st on top?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Jiricek is apparently pissed that he was sent down to the AHL....it is hard to find impact RD in this league.

This is between TDL and off-season

View attachment 812246

View attachment 812248

View attachment 812249

Early look is that Tanev would help our PK a bit and Jiricek has a nice shot from the point.

Silfverberg and Blueger are also good defensive/pk guys.

Kostin can chuck surprisingly well.

There is a ton of cap space left over to bolster any short coming...

Can't say I'm keen on Monahan, a lot of his scoring comes from the PP and he isn't seeing that here

The center I'm looking at who's UFA is Wennberg, defensively responsible has shown well with Nylander at the international level and we can either make Tavares out 2LW or 3C and take some strain off him

Give Cowan, Minten, Greb, Tysplakov (the Russian UFA were chasing), Marlies like Steeves Teverberg every opportunity to fight for a job and throw money at our defense

Reactions: LeafParade

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can't say I'm keen on Monahan, a lot of his scoring comes from the PP and he isn't seeing that here

The center I'm looking at who's UFA is Wennberg, defensively responsible has shown well with Nylander at the international level and we can either make Tavares out 2LW or 3C and take some strain off him

Give Cowan, Minten, Greb, Tysplakov (the Russian UFA were chasing), Marlies like Steeves Teverberg every opportunity to fight for a job and throw money at our defense

I think he could get PP2 time and Cowan/Jarnkrok on his wings have some wheels. Familiarity with Treliving and a local guy.

Open to Wennberg, I think he's going to come in at 3-3.5M range, 4.5M he'd be hard to pull again, production hasn't been there.

UFA Defenders who aren't top guys?
Before wasting prospects on overpaid players.
Any uncut gems in here?

View attachment 812266

View attachment 812267

Carrier and Roy interest me to varying degrees
Matt Roy.
Dylan Demelo

Are my targets

I think Tanev is a given with Treliving connection

DeMelo would be another smart move.

Roy I haven't seen enough this year to have an opinion.

Carrier is interesting but not quite 6 feet tall, I don't know if he would fit into what Treliving is trying to do back there.

Tampa and Vegas cup winning teams were lanky mutant types.

I know Makar isn't quite that guy but he's a rarity, generally speaking you want a bigger group back there.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think he could get PP2 time and Cowan/Jarnkrok on his wings have some wheels. Familiarity with Treliving and a local guy.

Open to Wennberg, I think he's going to come in at 3-3.5M range, 4.5M he'd be hard to pull again, production hasn't been there.

I think Tanev is a given with Treliving connection

DeMelo would be another smart move.

Roy I haven't seen enough this year to have an opinion.

Carrier is interesting but not quite 6 feet tall, I don't know if he would fit into what Treliving is trying to do back there.

Tampa and Vegas cup winning teams were lanky mutant types.

I know Makar isn't quite that guy but he's a rarity, generally speaking you want a bigger group back there.

Our 2nd PP unit just doesn't play enough to justify Monahan imo, I'd also like a center we can trust defensively instead of having guys like Kampf get curb stomped, Wennberg will score enough between Nylander and Tavares

Carrier is a good little player, makes a nice first pass and surprisingly physical for a small guy, I would be wary of term though, I think he may break down quickly

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I've always liked Philipe Myers' potential and physical acumen's, not sure what his current deal is though..........

Leafs organization had a look at Myers up close and personal when he was loaned to the Marlies in 2022. I had some hopes for him too but he might just suck.

Reactions: TMLAM34

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Our 2nd PP unit just doesn't play enough to justify Monahan imo, I'd also like a center we can trust defensively instead of having guys like Kampf get curb stomped, Wennberg will score enough between Nylander and Tavares

Carrier is a good little player, makes a nice first pass and surprisingly physical for a small guy, I would be wary of term though, I think he may break down quickly

I actually think the Wennberg suggestion is pretty good, although I kind of wonder about a deeper top 9

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Wennberg-88
Cowan-JT-Jarnkrok

Not bad, maybe works, maybe it doesn't.

I don't think we'll be in on Carrier.

I feel like it's gonna be Tanev and someone else.

Reactions: arso40 and Kiwi

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Leafs organization had a look at Myers up close and personal when he was loaned to the Marlies in 2022. I had some hopes for him too but he might just suck.
That was under Dubas, perhaps Tre has a differing opinion after all he does lite some snot in his team’s defence……..

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I actually think the Wennberg suggestion is pretty good, although I kind of wonder about a deeper top 9

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Wennberg-88
Cowan-JT-Jarnkrok

Not bad, maybe works, maybe it doesn't.

I don't think we'll be in on Carrier.

I feel like it's gonna be Tanev and someone else.
With the amount of forwards we have coming i think we could make 4 really solid lines as soon as next season, cheaply to

I only watched Carrier because the Preds board thought it was either him or Fabrro getting moved, he's a good little player

I doubt Tre is interested since he likes a bit of size (Fabrro is a solid lad though, he may have some interest there) but if we grabbed Carrier for a couple of years i wouldn't complain about it

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Where the uncut gems might be are RFA who aren't qualified or tendered.

Those won't be known until sometime in July.

I was interested in McLeod and Bastian in RFA.

Turns out we probably avoided some problems with McLeod.

Reactions: TMLAM34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad