Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Scooping Lafreniere would be a smart move. We need LWs, and he'd be a good add. I like the way he plays.
He can play either wing. Would give us plenty of different looks/options upfront IMO.

Lafreniere - Matthews - Marner

Knies - Matthews - Lafreniere

Lafreniere - Matthews - Nylander

Personally I think the first option would be the best but I really like the idea of Knies and Lafreniere playing with Matthews… Those are 3 big boys where if they can get Matthews to also engage a little more physically then they might be unstoppable.

Reactions: horner

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This would be an explanation why its possible he could have a lot more game but its not a reason to acquire him. If you have one bullet to spend for a RD solution, does it make sense to spend it on the CBJ third pairing guy at 2.75 x 3? Odds are in favor of him being a 3rd pairing guy here too.

Now if the Jackets buy him out then next summer for $1M why not? Or are we talking about Kampf going the other way?

Depends on how much younhave to spend on said bullet in my opinion………

horner

May 22, 2007
I know this is an area we can improve on but the Rangers are looking for a center. I wonder if they would have any interest in Domi? Not sure what the cost would be for Lafreniere, probably inflated due to his draft selection but he’s someone I’d have interest in.

To Toronto: Alexis Lafreniere
To Rangers: Max Domi + Timothy Liljegren

What I like the most about Lafreniere is his physicality. I honestly think he would slot in really nicely next to Matthews and provide the physical game but the ability to still produce offensively with his playmaking and shooting skills.

This would leave a big hole on an already weak right side on the blueline though.

I would then go to Columbus and trade for Peeke with the freed up cap space.

To Toronto: Andrew Peeke
To Columbus: Nicholas Abruzzese + VAN 5th Rounder

Essentially you’re moving Domi and Liljegren for Lafreniere and Peeke.
My only question why do the Rangers need Ljiligren they also seem to like size except fox

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
My only question why do the Rangers need Ljiligren they also seem to like size except fox
I thought I heard they were looking for a defenceman and a center but looking at their blueline it doesn’t really make too much sense. If there’s anyone else we can flip Liljegren with I’d still be interested in Lafreniere. Maybe Domi and Robertson for Lafreniere?

horner

May 22, 2007
I thought I heard they were looking for a defenceman and a center but looking at their blueline it doesn’t really make too much sense. If there’s anyone else we can flip Liljegren with I’d still be interested in Lafreniere. Maybe Domi and Robertson for Lafreniere?
I do like Lafreniere

I do think Ljiligren will be traded , he seems to get pushed of the puck alot . Good dman other than that.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yes, I would like their 2nd round pick. Where do I sign?
Well, that is a different story then! For that price, the Rangers might want Domi. However, we all know the Leafs aren't going in that direction. The Leafs aren't the ones who answer the door. They are the ones who knock.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Post your trade rumors (twitter, youtube) or trade articles related to the Leafs.

- Tanev (RD), Monahan (C/RW), Lyubushkin (RD), Walker (RD), Barabanov (LW) - Trade Watch List 2024 — The Fourth Period
- Danforth (C/RW), Dumba (RD) - 2 Trade Targets to Fix The Maple Leafs' Penalty Kill
- Matthew Knies, Fraser Minten, Easton Cowan, and the Leafs’ first-round pick - Teams Ask Maple Leafs For 4 Key Assets as Trade Deadline Nears
- Roster reset - Maple Leafs Thinking About a Total Roster Reset [Report]
- Goodrow (C/LW), Boninio (C ), Roy (RD) - 3 Maple Leafs' Trade Targets From Kings-Rangers Game

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I wonder what a package for Sillinger + Peeke would look like. Would be two solid additions on this team.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Lily's an interesting situation..on one hand, seems silly to trade a drafted and developed rhd.

Though, he also has a lot of trade value. And Tre historically seems to prefer more physical D men.

I don't see the point in trading him for a forward, unless its a centre.

Unless the plan is to move him to l make room for additions

Reactions: rumman

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Lily's an interesting situation..on one hand, seems silly to trade a drafted and developed rhd.

Though, he also has a lot of trade value. And Tre historically seems to prefer more physical D men.

I don't see the point in trading him for a forward, unless its a centre.

Think the Leafs need to try to look beyond their needs this year, as they approach the deadline. Brodie, Klingberg, Bertuzi, Domi, Giordano, Samsonov, Murray and Muzzin are all UFAs.... even with the extensions to Matthews & Nylander; there is a little bit of money to spend.

I think they need to be lookign beyond the Peeke's, Hainsey's, Lyubushkin's, Schenn's of the world... and more towards somebody that actually belongs on the right side of a top pair... and not to be afraid of that guy having term.

Maybe it's Connor Murphy in Chicago. Maybe Adam Larsson in Seattle.... the pickings are admittedly a little slim, but the Leafs do have a decent array of assets to put on the table for a long term solution.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I know this is an area we can improve on but the Rangers are looking for a center. I wonder if they would have any interest in Domi? Not sure what the cost would be for Lafreniere, probably inflated due to his draft selection but he’s someone I’d have interest in.

To Toronto: Alexis Lafreniere
To Rangers: Max Domi + Timothy Liljegren

What I like the most about Lafreniere is his physicality. I honestly think he would slot in really nicely next to Matthews and provide the physical game but the ability to still produce offensively with his playmaking and shooting skills.

This would leave a big hole on an already weak right side on the blueline though.

I would then go to Columbus and trade for Peeke with the freed up cap space.

To Toronto: Andrew Peeke
To Columbus: Nicholas Abruzzese + VAN 5th Rounder

Essentially you’re moving Domi and Liljegren for Lafreniere and Peeke.
I don't hate it.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Would say that maybe it’s not the sexiest but I definitely wouldn’t call it that with our first round pk
Provorov is easily worth a 1st + B/C prospect, Jenner similar to what Foligno got [1st + 3rd] and Peeke maybe a 3rd?

Holmberg & Kokkonen don't really add all that much in terms of value in that trade.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Not sure why we want this guy when we can just keep Benoit to do what Peeke does at a cheaper cost.
[/QUOTE]
Right shot at worst his floors should be cody ceci

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Haven’t been impressed with Lilly of late, not sure exactly what he is, he may of hit the ceiling………
I highly doubt that and he’s been just fine he needs reps with a d partner that he can be familiar with gio is not it he was one of the top dman for us last game I’m not worried about him and he’ll get stronger this off season

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Provorov is easily worth a 1st + B/C prospect, Jenner similar to what Foligno got [1st + 3rd] and Peeke maybe a 3rd?

Holmberg & Kokkonen don't really add all that much in terms of value in that trade.
Just not who we’d target nor should we mlse isn’t ken holland who doesn’t care for the stigma on the player provorov is homophobic he’ll never be a target and I don’t want to give up those guys for them anyway

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This would be an explanation why its possible he could have a lot more game but its not a reason to acquire him. If you have one bullet to spend for a RD solution, does it make sense to spend it on the CBJ third pairing guy at 2.75 x 3? Odds are in favor of him being a 3rd pairing guy here too.

Now if the Jackets buy him out then next summer for $1M why not? Or are we talking about Kampf going the other way?

I'd want Kampf going the other way, one for one since money and term are pretty close

I know what Kampf is but maybe a change of scenery will help us catch lightning in a bottle with Peeke instead and if he sucks we're in the same situation we are now with an overpaid underperformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad