Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Does anyone else see the Devon Toews contract as a neat and tidy bundle that could one day fit onto the Toronto Maple Leafs, if something were to shake loose with the Nylander situation if a trade emerges between Toronto and Colorado?

I doubt the Av's have much of an intention of trading a guy they just extended.

Last edited:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Was just looking at the Gio trade with Seattle.
2022 (2nd), 2023 (3rd), 2024 (2nd)
For
Gio (50% retained) Blackwell

Not a good trade

Gio looks finished

And the folingo trade for 1st
He was injured when we acquired him.

I don't mind giving up these picks but you need a much better return

Hope treliving ends this practice

1st should not be used for a rental
But it was good value for a couple of years for a cap stressed team. If Tre has cap to work with he can make better trades without giving picks up for retention. Willie extended will put him in the same boat but only until JT is up. But then Mitch's new deal has kicked in and they will have to pay a #1 goalie salary so poor again. Thats life with a top heavy roster.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

horner

May 22, 2007
Trade
Jamcrock and Kampf
Holmberg and McMann can replace them

Trade for
Andrew Peeke
Desharnais we tried to trade Lafferty for him

I still think Ljiligren gets traded

horner

May 22, 2007
Meh what's the point, adding two bottom pair guys. While losing a 20 goal scorer and arguably our best faceoff/pk guy
Some other dman then

Holmberg is probably a 15 goal scorer
McMann like him when he played a few games last year

Kampf FO 32 % this year

I still think Ljiligren will be traded

Jamcrock only produces on the top 2 lines.

Reactions: notdoneyet

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
For all the hoopla around here about dealing Marchment, he really fell off since getting to Dallas. I think that’ll be a regrettable contract for them by the end of the season.

500a4d9b70082ad3d82940a3f85c5bd4389bc6a340a9901cd5d087c4b960c5ba_1.jpg

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
For all the hoopla around here about dealing Marchment, he really fell off since getting to Dallas. I think that’ll be a regrettable contract for them by the end of the season.
Luckily they didn’t lock in on a 7 year deal. 4.5 for a mediocre third liner is a hefty price tag.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It's funny we don't really see his name posted here at all anymore. We also don't hear people making jokes about the Leafs saying that they had Minten much higher up on their draft board.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Jamcrock only produces on the top 2 lines.
Oh the horror.

You know how long we've been looking for someone to produce in the top six.

Last year, this dude was getting a point per game when he played in the top six until he was injured.

Here's a player who can play all over the line-up, can PK or PP, and is one of four forwards that know how to play defense as evidenced by his babysitting of Tavares and Nylander.

Tbh, your point could easily also apply to Bertuzzi and Knies as I doubt they could produce without top six talent either.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

Apparently Treliving attempted to trade Lafferty to Edmonton for Desharnais but Edmonton declined it.

Interesting. No question that Treliving is going to make changes to our defence and I doubt he waits for the TDL to do it…

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Trade
Jamcrock and Kampf
Holmberg and McMann can replace them

Trade for
Andrew Peeke
Desharnais we tried to trade Lafferty for him

I still think Ljiligren gets traded

Columbus would want picks. Something in the neighbourhood of a second, or a late first.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Apparently Treliving attempted to trade Lafferty to Edmonton for Desharnais but Edmonton declined it.

Interesting. No question that Treliving is going to make changes to our defence and I doubt he waits for the TDL to do it…
Encouraging news….

Reactions: LeafSteel

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Is Peeke actually good? When did he start entering Leafs discourse as a potential trade target?

He looked like he was going to become one of the better physical shut down guys in the league, at least until last year, when everyone on Columbus looked bad. He’s got size, mobility, physicality.. so most of what you might want in a D. Some of us have talked about him for three seasons.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm still kinda surprised Tre didn't move Willy for a dman this summer.
Me too, I definitely thought he’d spend some of the cap on the D, might still happen, who knows? 88 has had a incredible start to the season, his stock can only go up if he continues to play well……….

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
One of the teams I had looked at as an option to move Nylander to, if we had to was Seattle. Seattle has scored two goals in three games so far, and is 0-3.

I’d personally like to keep Willy, but if he’s going out the door, and Seattle continues to struggle offensively….

Reactions: SprDaVE

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
One of the teams I had looked at as an option to move Nylander to, if we had to was Seattle. Seattle has scored two goals in three games so far, and is 0-3.

I’d personally like to keep Willy, but if he’s going out the door, and Seattle continues to struggle offensively….
I feel like our goal should be to extend Willie. Without him, I think our offence takes a major hit.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

You thinking hometown kid Vince Dunn?

Reactions: SprDaVE

horner

May 22, 2007
Me too, I definitely thought he’d spend some of the cap on the D, might still happen, who knows? 88 has had a incredible start to the season, his stock can only go up if he continues to play well……….
You would have got penny's on the dollar unless he signed a long term deal with the new team.

Willy will be signed 10 mil with us 40 goal scorer .

That's why I have said that jamcrock and
Kampf need to be traded so that we can trade for a dman.

I also think Ljiligren will be traded.

Reactions: notdoneyet

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I think the solution to the Leafs 1RD is TVR. He has been a very solid defenseman for the past 2 seasons. He is making 3M until his age 34 season. Washington theoretically isn't going to win a cup and should be willing to part with him. There is a deal to be made around Liljegren+? for McMichael and TVR. Whatever the + is on the Toronto side would have to balance out the cap unless they made another move to clear cap space. This would also give WSH a RD to fill the hole that TVR left and allow them to reunite Sandin/Liljegren.

There is possible a bigger deal to be made where the Leafs add in Kampf or Jarnkrok for Dowd but that may be too many moving pieces this early into the season.

Last edited:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
You would have got penny's on the dollar unless he signed a long term deal with the new team.

That's why I have said that jamcrock and
Kampf need to be traded so that we can trade for a dman.

I also think Ljiligren will be traded.
I just discovered last night that both players were given no trade clauses for some reason.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Good suggestion if he won't take 9-9.25M - we just flat out can't afford him.

I'm just not sure 100% what I would want back in the trade.

I just know we need to get a great defenseman at some point, even if it's not in a trade for Nylander.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I suggested a bit of a blockbuster that would have brought Shane Wright in, among other good young assets, for Nylander... It would have been fun to have him with Minten and Knies as a kid line.

Doesn't seem like Wright is the player many thought he'd be though. He's young and might figure it out but it's not looking great.

I don't see a great fit with Seattle outside of a futures package back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad