Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Frank's credibility has really nose dived. The fact he thinks Zegras could be traded is his worst yet.

Oh, I 100% think Zegras is gone.

Carlsson-McTavish and I guess Gauthier are all in the mix for the centre jobs there, maybe Gauthier slides to wing because they have Gaucher too.

I don't think they believe in Zegras as being a winner, I think they parlay him into a right defenseman that they like more than Drysdale.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He’s already slowed down and that will continue

Oh, I 100% think Zegras is gone.

Carlsson-McTavish and I guess Gauthier are all in the mix for the centre jobs there, maybe Gauthier slides to wing because they have Gaucher too.

I don't think they believe in Zegras as being a winner, I think they parlay him into a right defenseman that they like more than Drysdale.

Yeah I don’t think Zegras is quite the guy they thought. I don’t think they’ll aggressively look to move him but he’s a chip they’d use in the right deal

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Just because the majority thinks something that doesn't make it true, the majority believed the earth was flat at one point in time

Not only has JT been surprisingly good this season I struggle to see how we come up with a better option than him for 2C next season

Very good 2C's are hard to find
Unfortunately there is still a large number if people that still think the earth is flat

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Next season maybe yes, the following season no, his skating has digressed every season and at the age of 35 when his next deal would start not sure he would be able to keep up. The issue isn't next season the issue is signing him after that, he's not signing for 4-5 million he'll likely still ask for 6-7 and for a 35 year old whos skating isn't his strong suit isn't a great idea. Not to mention it's time the C moves on to Matthews or Reilly and a different identity start to take shape.

One of ĴT's strengths is he produces with so so skating ability, that also means he should continue to score as his skating declines because he doesn't rely on it to be successful

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
One of ĴT's strengths is he produces with so so skating ability, that also means he should continue to score as his skating declines because he doesn't rely on it to be successful
Which would make him an ideal winger.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Unfortunately there is still a large number if people that still think the earth is flat

I must admit I played rugby and if you said the earth wasn't flat you got asked the question "how are you so sure of that" pretty consistently

Not the brightest bulbs with the most watts

Which would make him an ideal winger.
We don't have a replacement at center

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I must admit I played rugby and if you said the earth wasn't flat you got asked the question "how are you so sure of that" pretty consistently

Not the brightest bulbs with the most watts

We don't have a replacement at center
And we won't if we allocate the 6-7 million he will likely require to resign. If there is an alternative option who is younger, quicker and better defensively who pots you 55-65 points would that not me more ideal?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
And we won't if we allocate the 6-7 million he will likely require to resign. If there is an alternative option who is younger, quicker and better defensively who pots you 55-65 points would that not me more ideal?

It would but that's a tough player to find, you usually need to draft them

Reactions: MarMarSab3

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I know people will not be a fan of this name but if the leafs could get him for like a mid round pick, I wouldn't hate Matt Dumba at 50% retention.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I see Zegras and Chychrun may be available

Do you want one of them and what would you be willing to give up for them?

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Yeah I think Zegras is going to cost more than he's worth, he's got talent though

What do we have to go after Chychrun with assets wise?
1 of Cowan or Minten for sure + Robertson and a 1st ? Add Brodie or Samsonov for cap reasons

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Tre basically saying on tsn that he's not going to get a large number of guys at the tdl. Goes out of his way to mention the D again (something he's done since his first media tour as GM)

That works, we don’t need a large number of guys. Just a couple of the right ones would make a huge difference

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Tre basically saying on tsn that he's not going to get a large number of guys at the tdl. Goes out of his way to mention the D again (something he's done since his first media tour as GM)

I’m guessing top 4 RD as Brodie has gone down hill.

I’m also thinking a 3rd or 4th line winger is in the cards potentially.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Damn, he's 25, can play on the left and right sides, has 25 points in 35 games and costs 4.6M this season and next

He'd really solidify our top 4, I'd be seriously tempted to go hard after him

If an extension is included or a high likelihood of an extension in the future... I have to consider making a deal for him.

Reactions: Kiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad