Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scion

May 25, 2012
He’s already slowed down and that will continue
Aren't his skating metrics like speed bursts up this year? To my eyes his skating has not dropped off at all.

I think there’s a difference between hanging on and staying productive vs truly dominating that 2C role.
He's not just hanging on though, he is 14th in the league at scoring chances created. JT is a stud.

Reactions: Mckay

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Fortunately John Tavares is better at hockey than you are at analyzing it...

55 GF%
56 xGF%
1.17 ixG/60
3.23 xGF/60
2.53 xGA/60
Being carried by Nylander, guess you missed that part. In case you've missed it the majority disagrees with you.

• Haha

Scion

May 25, 2012
Being carried by Nylander, guess you missed that part. In case you've missed it the majority disagrees with you.
ixG/60 isolates for individual performance, and all of his rates were excellent even when Nylander played with Matthews. As I said before, it's a good thing JT's game is better than your hockey analysis otherwise the Leafs would be in trouble.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Just because the majority thinks something that doesn't make it true, the majority believed the earth was flat at one point in time

Not only has JT been surprisingly good this season I struggle to see how we come up with a better option than him for 2C next season

Very good 2C's are hard to find

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Just because the majority thinks something that doesn't make it true, the majority believed the earth was flat at one point in time

Not only has JT been surprisingly good this season I struggle to see how we come up with a better option than him for 2C next season

Very good 2C's are hard to find
Next season maybe yes, the following season no, his skating has digressed every season and at the age of 35 when his next deal would start not sure he would be able to keep up. The issue isn't next season the issue is signing him after that, he's not signing for 4-5 million he'll likely still ask for 6-7 and for a 35 year old whos skating isn't his strong suit isn't a great idea. Not to mention it's time the C moves on to Matthews or Reilly and a different identity start to take shape.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ducks are a weird team.

Also, hilarious that Chychrun is back on the trade block.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
ixG/60 isolates for individual performance, and all of his rates were excellent even when Nylander played with Matthews. As I said before, it's a good thing JT's game is better than your hockey analysis otherwise the Leafs would be in trouble.
You want a 35 year old slow skating, average defender as your 2C? Perhaps step away from whatever analytics site you are on, turn off the computer and watch the games, I promise you the eye test will tell you a different story.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Frank's credibility has really nose dived. The fact he thinks Zegras could be traded is his worst yet.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Ducks are a weird team.

Don't know how OTT gave up all that they did for Chychrun and DeBrincat, both as a non-playoff team prior to each acquisition, but also for what looks to be such a brief period of time.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ducks are a weird team.

Zero interest in Zegras, seems like a bad teammate.
Chychrun would be great but the cost would be hard to handle.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I’m not saying much even though I agree because let’s not forget Phil kessel, burkie and the leafs
Oh, I completely agree (we did at least have Kessel here for six seasons though). Truly amazing how the cycle never ends.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I'd seriously consider moving on from Zegras too, but I'd do it when his value is higher

At rock bottom right now with the way his season has gone

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Don't disagree that the need is D. I think D moves can be done in the summer from UFA market.

If we can add Tavares 4 to 5 AAV and Kadri/(other center at 4 AAV for 3C) we will have the center position taken care of and then only thing we need to fill is wingers. Minten/Cowan/etc... can start as wingers in the league.

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Liljegren

as a top4 is not solid but it isn't too bad either as long as forwards can overpower other lines; and if we have centers we can make it happen. Kadri is a proven center; at 4 AAV it isn't bad. Even if you add D; going into playoffs with Domi as 3C isn't wise.
Here is my nuclear option for this year.... Sure, I highly doubt that our team would do this.. but I think it solves just about everything for the skaters. It's just fun for discussion anyway.

Trades​

Edit

TOR​

1. Crouse, Lawson
  2. McBain, Jack
  3. 2024 1st round pick (ARI)
  4. I'd ask for Lamoureaux too.. not sure you'd get him as well.

ARI​

1. Marner, Mitchell

Edit

TOR​

1. Larsson, Adam

SEA​

1. Lagesson, William
  2. Robertson, Nicholas

Edit

TOR​

1. Dickinson, Jason
  2. Murphy, Connor ($2,200,000 retained)

CHI​

1. Kämpf, David
  2. Timmins, Conor
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)

Knies Matthews Nylander
Bertuzzi Tavares Jarnkrok
Crouse Dickinson Domi
Holmberg McBain McMann (I mean, we could always trade Holmberg for McCarron), and have a Mc4thline.... /jokes)
Gregor

Rielly Larsson
Brodie Murphy
McCabe Liljegren
Giordano Benoit

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Here is my nuclear option for this year.... Sure, I highly doubt that our team would do this.. but I think it solves just about everything for the skaters. It's just fun for discussion anyway.

Trades​

Edit

TOR​

1. Crouse, Lawson
  2. McBain, Jack

ARI​

1. Marner, Mitchell

Edit

TOR​

1. Larsson, Adam

SEA​

1. Lagesson, William
  2. Robertson, Nicholas

Edit

TOR​

1. Dickinson, Jason

CHI​

1. Kämpf, David
  2. Timmins, Conor

Knies Matthews Nylander
Crouse Dickinson Domi
Holmberg McBain McMann (I mean, we could always trade Holmberg for McCarron), and have a Mc4thline.... /jokes)
Gregor

Rielly Larsson
Brodie Murphy
McCabe Liljegren
Giordano Benoit
Zero chance Marner waives for Arizona :laugh:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Zero chance Marner waives for Arizona :laugh:
Don't stomp on my fantasy moves. :laugh:

I know this stuff would ever happen... that's ok. I like the team though... that much is for sure. Strong down the middle, physical team, bigger, better defensively... it all makes sense, which is why it would never happen.

What’s going on?
Is he asking for nylander money?
He's got SEVEN points on the season, been injured a bunch too... only played 19 games. But seven points in 19 games isn't good.

If I were the Ducks, I wouldn't trade him... unless the offer was really good.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Keep in mind, Tavares is under contract until 2025-2026 season at $11mm.

As early as next season, 2024-2025 Minten may be in the line-up.

2025-2026
Matthews - 13.25
Tavares - ~ 6
Minten - .845 (year 2 of NHL career)
Kampf - 2.4

IMO Minten should do a few reps on the wing before he can play center in the NHL. We basically gave the "cap increase" to Nylander as a raise. Next year we will get Bertuzzi, Brodie, Domi, etc. AAV back in the summer some of which IMO can be used for a Top4 D and a 3C.

Trades​

Edit

TOR​

1. Crouse, Lawson
  2. McBain, Jack

ARI​

1. Marner, Mitchell

Edit

TOR​

1. Larsson, Adam

SEA​

1. Lagesson, William
  2. Robertson, Nicholas

Edit

TOR​

1. Dickinson, Jason

CHI​

1. Kämpf, David
  2. Timmins, Conor

Knies Matthews Nylander
Crouse Dickinson Domi
Gregor

Rielly Larsson
Brodie Murphy
McCabe Liljegren
Giordano Benoit

I not sure Leafs will move Marner; they should but they won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad