Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My Treliving roleplay this off-season

1704747356156.png

1704747370508.png

1704747387641.png

I kind of broke my own rule on this, I originally had Tyler Myers signed because I believe Treliving likes larger defense but I also know from that Klingberg signing, he wants more offense on the back end. I think Forsling will actually give a bit of that in a secondary type role, a surprisingly accurate point shot is there.

Monahan is a nice 3rd line centre, I did consider someone like Wennberg because they're more durable but not sure there is enough money to answer all the roster's problems.

Goaltending, I also debated someone like Talbot for 1 year at 1.5-2M but figured we know Jones fits with the group currently.

I also think a few people would argue for Liljegren over Schneider but again, roster will be more in Treliving's vision.

Bertuzzi has had a down year, so the 5M x 4 years is probably questionable.

Trenin, not sure if he can get more on the open market but he's young enough that I don't mind giving a bit of term, keeps us gritty too.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Keep the first unless a true upgrade with term is available. Move Robertson and bring up Steeves. Sign Tanev and/or Pesce in the offseason. Maybe McLeod if he comes cheaper than Domi.
Steeves has been a worse NHLer than Robertson while being older and worse in the AHL. Robertson is scoring at a 40 point pace with 10 minutes of ice time a game and little power play time. I have no idea why people are clamouring to move him.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Kampf + Reaves + 3rd to Columbus for Peeke
Columbus has a problem on their hands. They got several defenders in the pipeline who are NHL ready but no open roster spots. On top of that, they are already benching surplus D like Peeke.

They need to deal more than one defender just to semi-balance the roster.

Kampf at least regularly plays so he less of a negative than Peeke at this point. And burying Reeves costs you 200,000 a year. So its like a 2.6 M Kampf vs. a 2.75 M Peeke. Where Kampf would actually play for them.

I actually don't think you need to even add a pick to make this trade happen.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

View attachment 798880
View attachment 798881

View attachment 798882

I kind of broke my own rule on this, I originally had Tyler Myers signed because I believe Treliving likes larger defense but I also know from that Klingberg signing, he wants more offense on the back end. I think Forsling will actually give a bit of that in a secondary type role, a surprisingly accurate point shot is there.

Monahan is a nice 3rd line centre, I did consider someone like Wennberg because they're more durable but not sure there is enough money to answer all the roster's problems.

Goaltending, I also debated someone like Talbot for 1 year at 1.5-2M but figured we know Jones fits with the group currently.

I also think a few people would argue for Liljegren over Schneider but again, roster will be more in Treliving's vision.

Trenin, not sure if he can get more on the open market but he's young enough that I don't mind giving a bit of term, keeps us gritty too.
Good effort, overall. However, mine would be a fair bit different.

Like the Forsling signing, though, I feel he'll come in higher, unfortunately.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I'd rather bring in Fabrro, he'd cost more but he's played very well with Josi so he's somebody we can try with Mo and there's less questions about what he is
Fabbro is interesting because he is RFA. Which means you can pay him based on how he performs from now until the end of the season with the Leafs. He is less of a risk in this regard.

Moreover, he has quite a bit of a track record playing on the top pair with good D. So if this gamble pays off, you have a cheap partner for Reilly.

I am not sure how willing they will be to deal him now that it looks like they have permanently benched Barrie. This puts Fabbro firmly on their 1st pairing going forward.

Reactions: Kiwi

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Marner next, whatever He wants he’ll get.

12.9x 4 is my guess.

I wonder if he actually decides that the media scrutiny is too much and he actually takes the will number to try to appease the fans

Or 8/93 to get to his junior number

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

View attachment 798880
View attachment 798881

View attachment 798882

No Myers. He hasn't done much since Winnipeg. Looking at his stats made me think of Logan Stanley though. A nice bookend for Benoit on the third pair. I remember a couple of years ago when Calgary had Zadorov and Gudbranson as a pairing. You'd expect them to get burned all the time but the sheer wingspans made them hard to pass and getting crushed in front of the net helped keep players out of the dirty areas.

I quite like players like Dilllon and Demelo but the Leafs need to look for guys like these when they were still on the Sharks making $900k. Who are the current versions?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I wonder if he actually decides that the media scrutiny is too much and he actually takes the will number to try to appease the fans

Or 8/93 to get to his junior number
No. They will bring him in around $12.5 because everyone's comp is Matthews :) For a guy who had such a slumpy first half Marner could still take a run at 100pts. He will be a tough sign I think.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
But doesn’t the fact that next year we basically have no cap room to do anything mean we will prob be aggressive this year to try and win??

We basically need to overhaul

Defense
Goal Tending
bottom 6

Thats too much to do at TDL; IMO. We also don't have many assets, Dubas has run us dry.

As a betting man; what would you bet how the Leafs would do in post season? Personally; I'd add Kessel on the 3rd line to get a bit more offense as a free wallet instead of throwing away picks and a 4th liner that is fast and can PK.

Domi isn't going to be your prototypical 3C in the playoffs; but it is what it is thats why that line should just get O-zone starts and run the clock as much as possible

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander
Jankrok-Domi-Kessel
Gregor-Kampf-Holmberg

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe - Liljegren
Gio/Benoit - YYY

Woll/Jones/Hildbeast/................................(samsonov? :crossfing)

Need some scoring from offense and you hope adding Kessel will provide that offensive look. I think Kessel can put in productive 10 to 12 minutes and adds a bit more offense on PP2. As long as Defense holds thats good IMO

I am really not comfortable spending assets until there is some clarity post JT's contract off the books

We could have gone all in this year if Dubas hadn't spend like a madman prior years for first round exits / (1 series win in post season)

Reactions: Cleetus

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We basically need to overhaul

Defense
Goal Tending
bottom 6

Thats too much to do at TDL; IMO. We also don't have many assets, Dubas has run us dry.

As a betting man; what would you bet how the Leafs would do in post season? Personally; I'd add Kessel on the 3rd line to get a bit more offense as a free wallet instead of throwing away picks and a 4th liner that is fast and can PK.

Domi isn't going to be your prototypical 3C in the playoffs; but it is what it is thats why that line should just get O-zone starts and run the clock as much as possible

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander
Jankrok-Domi-Kessel
Gregor-Kampf-Holmberg

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe - Liljegren
Gio/Benoit - YYY

Woll/Jones/Hildbeast/................................(samsonov? :crossfing)

Need some scoring from offense and you hope adding Kessel will provide that offensive look. I think Kessel can put in productive 10 to 12 minutes and adds a bit more offense on PP2. As long as Defense holds thats good IMO

I am really not comfortable spending assets until there is some clarity post JT's contract off the books

We could have gone all in this year if Dubas hadn't spend like a madman prior years for first round exits / (1 series win in post season)
Ok
So marner gonna get this number or more
Tavares allot less
We gonna lose knies probably?

We will keep getting worse

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
The best teams know when to walk away from players, walking away from Brodie this year, and Marner and Tavares the year after are the right plays. Just because a Brodie or Tavares would take less doesn't mean they need to come back.

Brodie and Klingberg money will get you 2 d next year, Tavares and Marner money will get you 3 good forwards or 2 D and 1F, imho this is the best approach

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Steeves has been a worse NHLer than Robertson while being older and worse in the AHL. Robertson is scoring at a 40 point pace with 10 minutes of ice time a game and little power play time. I have no idea why people are clamouring to move him.
Can you be any more disingenuous and bad faith? Steeves has played 6 total NHL games in two seasons, at under 8 minutes a game, playing mostly with David Kampf. Give me a break. He has a higher ppg average in the AHL than either Trevor Moore or Mason Marchment did when we traded them, but yeah sure he sucks.:rolleyes:

Reactions: arso40

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Can you be any more disingenuous and bad faith? Steeves has played 6 total NHL games in two seasons, at under 8 minutes a game, playing mostly with David Kampf. Give me a break. He has a higher ppg average in the AHL than either Trevor Moore or Mason Marchment did when we traded them, but yeah sure he sucks.:rolleyes:
I didn’t say he sucks. I wouldn’t have him up here at Robertson’s expense though. I’d like to give him a try instead of McMann though.

Reactions: Buds17

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The best teams know when to walk away from players, walking away from Brodie this year, and Marner and Tavares the year after are the right plays. Just because a Brodie or Tavares would take less doesn't mean they need to come back.

Brodie and Klingberg money will get you 2 d next year, Tavares and Marner money will get you 3 good forwards or 2 D and 1F, imho this is the best approach

Yeah, let's walk away from half of our top 6 and a guy playing our top pair

We will definitely be better after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad