Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Looking at the basis for a Hanifin trade is the Lindholm trade in which the ducks got
2 Filler D
1st 2022
2nd 2023
2nd 2024

Leafs don't have a 2nd for the next three drafts so it'll have to be prospects

1st + robertson + minten + any salary considerations

Extend him to $7.5 x 8

I'd rather go with a RD that suits Rielly
That's Tanev imo, he'd be significantly cheaper to

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Ok, but Robertson isn't without shortcomings either. You're taking a chance the same way Edmonton is by trading away a potential top 4 defenceman.
That's fair. I just feel as though Toronto would be taking the bigger chance with Robertson currently being the safer and better bet.

Reactions: LeafParade

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A younger version of Tanev would be best. I don’t want to give assets for a guy who isn’t going to be part of the solution for a few years minimum.

It isn't ideal but I do believe he's the best fit stylistically

Is there a younger RD with strong defensive metrics we haven't been talking about? Fabbro or Peeke maybe? Hard guys to identify and grab

Reactions: arso40

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
That's fair. I just feel as though Toronto would be taking the bigger chance with Robertson currently being the safer and better bet.
Well, we tend to overvalue our stuff.

I would say that Edmonton giving up the potential of a 6'4 top 4 man is quite a chance to take.

Reactions: Buds17

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Is there a younger RD with strong defensive metrics we haven't been talking about? Fabbro or Peeke maybe? Hard guys to identify and grab

Yeah I’m not sure honestly. I do think Tanev is a highly probable acquisition for us

Reactions: arso40 and Kiwi

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

Id go for peeke honestly shouldn’t cost much rebuild Sammy if possible then trade him for cap

Reactions: LeafSteel

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Yeah I would have said a 2nd but we don't have any, maybe a middling prospect plus a 3rd maybe for Tanev?

I know there’s been a lot of speculation about Abruzesse being interesting for Calgary.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Id go for peeke honestly shouldn’t cost much rebuild Sammy if possible then trade him for cap

They may just take Sammy for a slightly better pick, it's not like Peeke isn't expensive for what he's done this season
I know there’s been a lot of speculation about Abruzesse being interesting for Calgary.

I'd fly to Canada and put him on the plane myself if we could keep our 1st

Reactions: arso40

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
They may just take Sammy for a slightly better pick, it's not like Peeke isn't expensive for what he's done this season

I'd fly to Canada and put him on the plane myself if we could keep our 1st

Yeah, I don’t know what’ll take. The only problem is he could become a guy that a bidding war starts over. Useful to a lot of teams. If we get him we better be re-signing him for a couple years

Reactions: Kiwi

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Yep. And I've heard more than a couple people say Tre has a good relationship with him too..seems like an easy extension if the Leafs want to
The question I've always had when it comes to Tanev... what does that extension look like?
He just turned 34.

It is also a bit of an annoying situation because it feels like he comes in free agency regardless of a trade.
So I don't want to go overpaying Calgary.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The question I've always had when it comes to Tanev... what does that extension look like?
He just turned 34.

It is also a bit of an annoying situation because it feels like he comes in free agency regardless of a trade.
So I don't want to go overpaying Calgary.

2-3 years at 3.5ish mil I'd guess

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Tanev and weegar/Anderson for nylander and abruzese?

Calgary is the team we need to trade with. If we can get quality D and a forward. I'd trade willy.

Scion

May 25, 2012
I saw it somewhere else.

I think it's an interesting idea. It may not seem like they need an LD right now, but his age and potential still make it an intriguing move.
Broberg has always had questionable hockey sense, but he is big and can really skate. Sometimes those guys take longer to develop, if nothing else he fits the teams needs more than Robertson which could make it a worthwhile gamble for the Leafs. I don't understand it from the Oilers POV though, Robertson would slot in even lower in the lineup for them. Maybe if the Laafs attach Jones or Samsonov with retention?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad