Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Robertsons fit on the team is bad. Hopefully he's traded for somethibg useful
We could definitely use a somewhat productive goal scorer on the 3rd line but after a hot start, the line is slowing down.

Someone like Sprong on that 3rd line would be nice though.

Here's an idea
Play the kid more than 10 minutes a game and actually develop him, he's 22 not 30
He also has a good shot and underrated playmaking ability

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Here's an idea
Play the kid more than 10 minutes a game and actually develop him, he's 22 not 30
Put him with Matthews and marner that should get him some easy looks and confidence

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Put him with Matthews and marner that should get him some easy looks and confidence

If he's playing well and having a decent night or were behind let's try giving the kid 15-17 minutes and give him a chance to show what he's capable of

We trade Robertson and he takes off somewhere else I want the entire front office and coaching staff fired

Keefe is starting to remind me of Babcock, play the kid ffs

Reactions: LeafSteel

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Here's an idea
There's a reason he's only playing 10 mins a game. He's been turning the puck over in bad spots and he's always overthinking everything and this is what we saw in the pre season and why we thought he needed to be in the AHL. 2 weeks wasn't enough time to work on those things and before I hear the "he's too good for the AHL" I don't really care. He's played less than 60 AHL games in 4 years I believe and he was a 2nd round draft pick. He has things to work on and he should dominate the AHL and work out his issues. Also, with our core he's only ever gonna be a 3rd line player here who gets 2nd unit PP minutes and when Minten, Cowan and Greb make the team eventually he might not even be that anymore. So if we could trade him to bring in a guy like Fabbro you do that and it's a win-win for everybody involved. All players and teams. Fabbro gets to play and he'd probably be the best all around partner Rielly has ever had and he's still only like 25. Robertson possibly gets a chance to play top 6 which he won't get here. It's like some said about Marchment that he wouldn't of got the same opportunities here as he would somewhere else so if he goes off then good for him.

Reactions: TMLAM34

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Robertson doesn't seem like a treliving guy at all. Small and soft in the bottom 6. His skill and speed are his strengths but he's got 1 goal in his last 16 games.

You have to make up for your strengths in other areas id you're struggling, and he's not that type of guy.

I think Treliving tries to acquire a 3rd line-gritty center with offensive upside, moving Domi over to the wing. I don't know who fits that bill

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Robertson doesn't seem like a treliving guy at all. Small and soft in the bottom 6. His skill and speed are his strengths but he's got 1 goal in his last 16 games.

You have to make up for your strengths in other areas id you're struggling, and he's not that type of guy.

I think Treliving tries to acquire a 3rd line-gritty center with offensive upside, moving Domi over to the wing. I don't know who fits that bill
I love domi but I don’t know if he makes it past the deadline we could keep him as a winger but he struggled there this year maybe they should send Robertson down I don’t know which direction that third lines going but it’s too small to not be effective and scoring

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I love domi but I don’t know if he makes it past the deadline we could keep him as a winger but he struggled there this year maybe they should send Robertson down I don’t know which direction that third lines going but it’s too small to not be effective and scoring
Domi isn't being traded at the deadline while we're one of the top teams in the league. Unless you mean robertson?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
There's a reason he's only playing 10 mins a game. He's been turning the puck over in bad spots and he's always overthinking everything and this is what we saw in the pre season and why we thought he needed to be in the AHL. 2 weeks wasn't enough time to work on those things and before I hear the "he's too good for the AHL" I don't really care. He's played less than 60 AHL games in 4 years I believe and he was a 2nd round draft pick. He has things to work on and he should dominate the AHL and work out his issues. Also, with our core he's only ever gonna be a 3rd line player here who gets 2nd unit PP minutes and when Minten, Cowan and Greb make the team eventually he might not even be that anymore. So if we could trade him to bring in a guy like Fabbro you do that and it's a win-win for everybody involved. All players and teams. Fabbro gets to play and he'd probably be the best all around partner Rielly has ever had and he's still only like 25. Robertson possibly gets a chance to play top 6 which he won't get here. It's like some said about Marchment that he wouldn't of got the same opportunities here as he would somewhere else so if he goes off then good for him.

This is exactly how you get Marchment's

He's another player who wasn't given a decent opportunity even when he was doing well with very limited opportunity because our coach thinks he knows better

Robertson put up points in the AHL, he's at about half a PPG in the NHL playing 10 minutes a game and he's only 22
Thats after our bottom 6 couldn't do **** to start the season

Work with him and develop him Keefe you Babcock imitating moron

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Domi isn't being traded at the deadline while we're one of the top teams in the league. Unless you mean robertson?
No I mean domi and you can’t definitively say that I’m not advocating for a trade the 3rd line just isn’t good enough

Scion

May 25, 2012
We could definitely use a somewhat productive goal scorer on the 3rd line but after a hot start, the line is slowing down.

Someone like Sprong on that 3rd line would be nice though.
I think that line needs someone who can get in on the forecheck and get the puck back for Max. Some size and defensive acumen would be more desirable qualities to compliment Domi and Jarnkrok than scoring imo.

Reactions: LeafChief

Scion

May 25, 2012
I mean I'd be very excited if we get him, however, I see us focusing on D and Net, while looking for internal solutions for forwards.

Domi and bertuzzi I'll see how it is come playoffs tbh...I agree he's prolly better on the wing though.

Miko Rantanen and Cale Makar clearly.
Domi struggles on the wing because he can't get off the wall and isn't a particularly effective forechecker. He's a near 50 point player in the middle because he gets the puck in space more and he is an elite distributor in space. Rather than obsess over what Domi isn't good at I would focus my attention on complimenting him with wingers who can defend and get in on the forecheck so that his strengths can shine through.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I think that line needs someone who can get in on the forecheck and get the puck back for Max. Some size and defensive acumen would be more desirable qualities to compliment Domi and Jarnkrok than scoring imo.
Sounds like knies to me swap him and Robertson

Scion

May 25, 2012
If he's playing well and having a decent night or were behind let's try giving the kid 15-17 minutes and give him a chance to show what he's capable of

We trade Robertson and he takes off somewhere else I want the entire front office and coaching staff fired

Keefe is starting to remind me of Babcock, play the kid ffs
What have you seen from Robertson that makes you think he deserves more TOI? That's an honest question because when I watch I see a player who has alot of empty shifts and doesn't have the speed or hs to compensate for his stature. I wouldn't give up on him because he is young, but I completely understand why he doesn't play more.

Sounds like knies to me swap him and Robertson
I don't know that Knies is that defensive conscious yet, but he certainly would be a better fit. Problem is that Robertson cannot play a top 6 role without hurting the team.

Reactions: horner and arso40

Scion

May 25, 2012
Anyone else concerned about Robertson's play?

I mean he's definitely not in the lineup for his defensive prowess, so he needs to be producing offensively.

Has 1 goal in his last 16 games.
His HS worries me alot. Small skill guys that dont have an explosive gear have to read the game at a high level to succeed and I just don't see it with him. I'm hoping his competitiveness will help him overcome the odds and carve a niche anyways but I'm less optimistic by the game.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
What have you seen from Robertson that makes you think he deserves more TOI? That's an honest question because when I watch I see a player who has alot of empty shifts and doesn't have the speed or hs to compensate for his stature. I wouldn't give up on him because he is young, but I completely understand why he doesn't play more.

I don't know that Knies is that defensive conscious yet, but he certainly would be a better fit. Problem is that Robertson cannot play a top 6 role without hurting the team.

Half a point per game playing 10 minutes a game with very little PP time as a 22 year old

Those are his results, he's producing
It's as simple as that

horner

May 22, 2007
Goaltenders on the IR
Hill Vegas
Copley LA
Grubauer Sea
Anderson Car
Husso Det
Lyon Det

Goaltenders that may be available
Vladar 2.2 mil .886 save %
Gibson 6.4 mil * 4 yrs no thanks
Saros Nashville is in a playoff position

Top Teams Looking for Goaltenders
Vegas, LA, Car and Edm

Our Best Option if Sammy cant get his shit together is bringing up Hilibey
We only have 3 back to back till the end of January

Halak .903 save % last season don't even know if he wants to play

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Goaltenders on the IR
Hill Vegas
Copley LA
Grubauer Sea
Anderson Car
Husso Det
Lyon Det

Goaltenders that may be available
Vladar 2.2 mil .886 save %
Gibson 6.4 mil * 4 yrs no thanks
Saros Nashville is in a playoff position

Top Teams Looking for Goaltenders
Vegas, LA, Car and Edm

Our Best Option if Sammy cant get his shit together is bringing up Hilibey
We only have 3 back to back till the end of January

Halak .903 save % last season don't even know if he wants to play
I rarely throw goalies under the bus but Samsonov has been absolute shit this year. I hope he figures it out.... but.. . Bring up Hildeby.

I know I'll get the ... yeah good idea 2 rookie goalies etc... at this point... I don't care. See what you have in him while Woll is hurting and send Sammy down.

If he gets picked up then Leafs save a bunch of money. Guy is cooked mentally and that's why he'll never be a top guy. Last season was probably the best he'll ever have. He's been around long enough now.

The D needs some work... I'm hopeful about Woll and Hildeby. It'd be massive to have gone grown talent in net and save some money there for next year.

Jones has been great in a pinch I just doubt he can keep it up. He's very streaky but thank goodness he's been decent.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
The goalie market is extremely weak. I think we’d be able to find a trading partner for Samsonov given his strong year last season. You won’t get much more than a 4th liner but hey, we’re in need of one of those too.

To Toronto: Carl Grundstrom
To Los Angeles: Ilya Samsonov

To Toronto: Dante Fabbro
To Nashville: Nick Robertson

To Toronto: Taylor Raddysh
To Chicago: Pontus Holmberg + 5th Rounder

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Marner
Jarnkrok - Domi - Raddysh
Gregor - Kampf - Grundstrom

Rielly - Fabbro
McCabe - Liljegren
Giordano/Benoit - Brodie

Woll - Jones

horner

May 22, 2007
I rarely throw goalies under the bus but Samsonov has been absolute shit this year. I hope he figures it out.... but.. . Bring up Hildeby.

I know I'll get the ... yeah good idea 2 rookie goalies etc... at this point... I don't care. See what you have in him while Woll is hurting and send Sammy down.

If he gets picked up then Leafs save a bunch of money. Guy is cooked mentally and that's why he'll never be a top guy. Last season was probably the best he'll ever have. He's been around long enough now.

The D needs some work... I'm hopeful about Woll and Hildeby. It'd be massive to have gone grown talent in net and save some money there for next year.

Jones has been great in a pinch I just doubt he can keep it up. He's very streaky but thank goodness he's been decent.
Hildeby until Woll is healthy garenteed he won't be up for the rest of the season.

When Woll is heathy
Woll
Jones

Reactions: TMLAM34

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The goalie market is extremely weak. I think we’d be able to find a trading partner for Samsonov given his strong year last season. You won’t get much more than a 4th liner but hey, we’re in need of one of those too.

To Toronto: Carl Grundstrom
To Los Angeles: Ilya Samsonov

To Toronto: Dante Fabbro
To Nashville: Nick Robertson

To Toronto: Taylor Raddysh
To Chicago: Pontus Holmberg + 5th Rounder

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Marner
Jarnkrok - Domi - Raddysh
Gregor - Kampf - Grundstrom

Rielly - Fabbro
McCabe - Liljegren
Giordano/Benoit - Brodie

Woll - Jones
I doubt you can trade Sammy without adding a sweetener unless you are taking somebody else's problem/bad contract.

If Fabro is any good, you are not getting him for Robertson. If he is bad, we got enough of those.

Do not know why Hawks would do the 3rd trade.

Reactions: horner and arso40

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Development. And what he's shown offensively in more limited usage is fairly promising.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Thing is Robertson doesn't really have much trade value to sell high on .. dumping him to fit a lower ceiling player doesn't seem too keen.
He has enough value.

The thing is, if he starts scoring again, then people will turn up saying, "There's no way you can trade him now." Suddenly, he'll have all the value in the world.

Also, dumping him for the sake of it isn't the idea either, but again, the team has moved its next three 2nd round picks and its 1st next year. The only real currency they have is with younger players and prospects.

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad