Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Going to have to find a similar salary struggling goalie and hope for a change of scenery boost for both guys. Sammy's not looking like he'll snap out of it.
I would literally retain salary to move him to a desperate team who needs a back up goalie and thinks he is just in a slump.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Hildeby has done enough now with the Marlies to at least get a look.
If he looks solid up here we can build sammy up and trade him for pics Brodie too lol then get tanev and peeke to solidify our top 6 Benoit is our 7th d trade domi and try to get a henrique type 3rd line center and go for it

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Somebody mentioned him in another thread but, Cal Clutterbuck might be a good option for the 4th line.

It's pretty low on the list of needs, but if Islanders are out near the Tdl, I'd float a 6th their way. Adequate defensively and trucks people. Also, kills penalties I believe.

Reactions: rumman and arso40

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Samsonov needs a quiet city calgary would be a good reset.
I think if we do end up dealing for tanev we will just expand the deal a bit I'm assuming tanev will get something along the lines of zadorov with his injury history let alone pending Ufa

So my idea would go as
Tanev
Vladar

3rd within the next few years
4th one of the next couple
Samsonov
Voit/steeves
rights to sda
Maybe another fledging unsigned draftee

or something along those lines. But I refuse to be the team to blow another first or second(im sure someone will) on something oft injured that should be dealt with in the off-season regardless

It does look like it's going to be a buyers market

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Somebody mentioned him in another thread but, Cal Clutterbuck might be a good option for the 4th line.

It's pretty low on the list of needs, but if Islanders are out near the Tdl, I'd float a 6th their way. Adequate defensively and trucks people. Also, kills penalties I believe.
If he was available at the deadline he’d fetch far more than a 6th imo, there’ll be plenty of suitors……..

Reactions: horner and TMLAM34

horner

May 22, 2007
Marner ain’t going anywhere IMO. He’ll be a career Leaf.
Same with Mathew's and Nylander
Marner ain’t going anywhere IMO. He’ll be a career Leaf.

Clutterbuck will fetch a 3rd rd pk

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
LTIReaves could be huge for rounding out this team properly.

I can't wait for the mainboards thread when this gets announced. Gonna be a lot of pissed pants.
Live look at the main boards posters who "don't care about the leafs at all":

tumblr_inline_nqjw9z05uh1r79k32_500.gif

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Don't think I could take that risk.
You wouldn't risk trading a guy with a career SV% of .905 for a guy with a career SV% of .917? Especially considering the likelihood of keeping the .905 goalie past this season is very low?

Nylander or Marner for Kyrou and Faulk or Parayko?
Do you honestly think, given the mental fragility or the current group, that they should add Kyrou to that mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad