The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I actually kind of like this idea. Your 2nd line should be able to skate any opponent into absolute submission with their speed and physicality.

That said, we've seen stretches like this from Greenway before -- as soon as he cools off, swap him with someone else.
Maybe you flip Greenway and Cozens once the Greenway magic fades, and Cozens gets his shit together?

Reactions: Zman5778

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
The worst case scenario is that our guys aren't as good as we thought. What if Tage is not a 1C but more of a 65 point guy, Cozens is a 50 point 2C/3C, Quinn becomes a tweener, Tuch is just a 50-60 point 2nd line winger, Kulich/Ostlund/Rosen don't develop into anything..

Then what the heck do we do? Try again?
This is my general fear and could be reality. If so, I kinda hope its even worse than that and they plummet all the way to #1 overall! This limbo of drafting 8th-13th is total Bills drought mind numbing. **I realize drafting #1 also hasn't worked for us, but IDK WHAT ELSE TO DO**

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The worst case scenario is that our guys aren't as good as we thought. What if Tage is not a 1C but more of a 65 point guy, Cozens is a 50 point 2C/3C, Quinn becomes a tweener, Tuch is just a 50-60 point 2nd line winger, Kulich/Ostlund/Rosen don't develop into anything..

Then what the heck do we do? Try again?
Thats the biggest fear to be honest. Tage/Tuch/Cozens/Quinn/Peterka are the forwards who will determine if we make or miss the playoffs. If we miss because they suck, especially Tage/Cozens, we are in deep shit.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
A team that is perennially the youngest in the league can be expected to struggle to even make the playoffs.

Is there enough talent in the organization that waiting for them to mature together is viable? Management and many in here (me, for example) have been telling us that for years. I now fear that the overall talent, at its peak, will be good, but not great, and probably not worthy of a Cup contender.

There is zero evidence that Adams can acquire the handful of veteran impact players that would make a difference.

Depressing, frankly.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Thats the biggest fear to be honest. Tage/Tuch/Cozens/Quinn/Peterka are the forwards who will determine if we make or miss the playoffs. If we miss because they suck, especially Tage/Cozens, we are in deep shit.
I'm pretty much over the core already, so I'm bracing for another retool.

I never thought I'd do the 180 I have on Tuch. I was hoping they'd get rid of him last offseason for a haul, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Part of the reason I want to get rid of him is his durability, the other reason is the amount of dumbass plays he makes, and he's pretty much stapled to Thompson's wing. He also doesn't play all that physical. He's very inconsistent in that regard.

But yeah- I don't see a very high ceiling with this squad unless some of our offensive pieces take a big step forward. Part of the reason I would've been behind a big time offer for Pettersson is the fact we'd get a legit top line C to use with Cozens or Tage (assuming one is going to other way) in the top 6. Also, I don't think Adams has it in him to be ultra aggressive for a franchise changing trade if a dominant player ever became available. Plus, with players getting way more NMC in their contract- who the hell wants to come here and play?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Adams is not the kind of GM who will do anything, much less trade for 1C. He will wait until the last minute to make some insignificant move or until he gets fired.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
There is zero evidence that Adams can acquire the handful of veteran impact players that would make a difference.
If we’re gonna discuss that honestly we need to factor in no trade clauses. Players can only get them on seasons that are UFA years. Which means the types of top 6 forward/top 4 dmen vets we want in their late 20s/early 30s likely have trade protection.

It’s not that it’s impossible to add them. It just makes it very, very difficult. Too many ignore this or pretend it isn’t the reality of the situation. Not saying you’re one. But it’s very annoying to have these debates where a good chunk of posters don’t acknowledge that.

We’re in this messed up situation where adding some of them would help us win and make the playoffs. But they’re not likely to want to come here until we start winning and make the playoffs.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If we’re gonna discuss that honestly we need to factor in no trade clauses. Players can only get them on seasons that are UFA years. Which means the types of top 6 forward/top 4 dmen vets we want in their late 20s/early 30s likely have trade protection.

It’s not that it’s impossible to add them. It just makes it very, very difficult. Too many ignore this or pretend it isn’t the reality of the situation. Not saying you’re one. But it’s very annoying to have these debates where a good chunk of posters don’t acknowledge that.

We’re in this messed up situation where adding some of them would help us win and make the playoffs. But they’re not likely to want to come here until we start winning and make the playoffs.
It's not as hard as it sounds. Fitzgerald added Meier and Marino, then traded Marino. That's just one example. And as far as I remember, there was no trade protection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad