Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

yeah bc they havent even mad the playoffs this decade..

oh yeah..

most of our team is homegrown

and missed the playoffs 1 since 2005

oh yeah..

last 3 years

we went to a CF and went on to the second round 2years in a row

oh yeah...

our team is mostly homegrown..

come on now...

i feel bad edm.. having 1st overall like 4-5yrs in a row and they're still in that position that many years later is sad!!!

Just because Edmonton is as bad as they are/have been/project to be bad for years to come doesn't mean that we're not run by a bad f.o. ourselves.

Actually, we're run by a bunch of incompetent and outdated idiots who aren't held accountable for their mistakes and shortcomings... ever.

Inability to properly prepare for the future.
So many **** ups signing marquee free agents. Tell me, can you comprehend over 100 million dollars of sunk cost?
Mediocre drafting.
Inability to construct a cohesive team in any given year.

They throw mud on the wall and sees what sticks. That's their game plan. That's not the proper way to run an organization that probably reels in hundreds of millions of dollars in cash flows annually.

BarbaraAlphanse

Absolutely not.

Erat is a downgrade from Brassard, and Green is a downgrade from Girardi. Green has been god awful this year too.

That is absolutely making a trade just to make a trade. There's no incentive to do it.

Well you know what?

I think Green is an upgrade from Girardi and Erat is an upgrade from Brassard.

How do you feel about THAT?

BarbaraAlphanse

The Oilers will be the only active team in the trade market this year, apparently.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Just because Edmonton is as bad as they are/have been/project to be bad for years to come doesn't mean that we're not run by a bad f.o. ourselves.

Actually, we're run by a bunch of incompetent and outdated idiots who aren't held accountable for their mistakes and shortcomings... ever.

Inability to properly prepare for the future.
So many **** ups signing marquee free agents. Tell me, can you comprehend over 100 million dollars of sunk cost?
Mediocre drafting.
Inability to construct a cohesive team in any given year.

They throw mud on the wall and sees what sticks. That's their game plan. That's not the proper way to run an organization that probably reels in hundreds of millions of dollars in cash flows annually.

how can you say we drafted terribly?

we have a solid group of guys we drafted or signed as non-drafted FA (MZA, Girardi).. its hard to evaluate the future of a player when you draft outside the top 5 hell even the top 10..

the second bolded is the worst bc its true.. but hey our GM is just like most fans on this board.. they always want that next player, and think it will be the answer..

Edm has had all the chances in the world to construct a team using high end talent that you usually get in the top 3 picks.. thats even worse then us... sorry but most teams that have drafted that high, have had better success, hell even FL made the playoffs the past 5yrs same with the Islanders..

boston, Chi, Pitt, Kings we're all ****** teams and had multiple top 3 picks and built their team quickly and were playoff bound and making noise and winning cups in 4-5yrs of their first top 3 pick.. so come on now.. i have a little bit more faith in our management/staff then Edm..

we've at least made the playoffs 8 of the last 9 years and past 3 years won a playoff series..

can't compare

BarbaraAlphanse

how can you say we drafted terribly?

we have a solid group of guys we drafted or signed as non-drafted FA (MZA, Girardi).. its hard to evaluate the future of a player when you draft outside the top 5 hell even the top 10..

the second bolded is the worst bc its true.. but hey our GM is just like most fans on this board.. they always want that next player, and think it will be the answer..

Edm has had all the chances in the world to construct a team using high end talent that you usually get in the top 3 picks.. thats even worse then us... sorry but most teams that have drafted that high, have had better success, hell even FL made the playoffs the past 5yrs same with the Islanders..

boston, Chi, Pitt, Kings we're all ****** teams and had multiple top 3 picks and built their team quickly and were playoff bound and making noise and winning cups in 4-5yrs of their first top 3 pick.. so come on now.. i have a little bit more faith in our management/staff then Edm..

we've at least made the playoffs 8 of the last 9 years and past 3 years won a playoff series..

can't compare

Didn't say terrible, just mediocre.

Not many of our players have paid dividends for us. Neither as NHL players for our club, or as assets that can be flipped to other teams for positions of need.

Then we have the players that you're mentioning that have helped. It's undeniable. We haven't drafted at complete failure... but it hasn't been better than mediocre.

And mediocre is high praise when you take into account this very same GM's drafting in the late 90's and early 00's for us.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton is the worst run team in the league. They need to gut that franchise from Lowe all the way down to the popcorn vendors. The only untouchables on that team should be Hall and Perron. I'd clean house and blow it up all the way again. Someone pooped in the pool. How do you clean it? Drain the pool and put new water in there.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Didn't say terrible, just mediocre.

Not many of our players have paid dividends for us. Neither as NHL players for our club, or as assets that can be flipped to other teams for positions of need.

Then we have the players that you're mentioning that have helped. It's undeniable. We haven't drafted at complete failure... but it hasn't been better than mediocre.

And mediocre is high praise when you take into account this very same GM's drafting in the late 90's and early 00's for us.

Mediocre? interesting...

your a tough critic, can't argue that..

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Edmonton needs more than just new management. Tambellini screwed the pooch by marketing Hall, RNH and Eberle as "saviors of a former power house" and those kids ate it up. They had superstar ego's before they played a minute of NHL hockey. At this point they almost HAVE to trade one of the "big four" just to show that no player is more important than the ultimate goal of winning a cup.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Edmonton needs more than just new management. Tambellini screwed the pooch by marketing Hall, RNH and Eberle as "saviors of a former power house" and those kids ate it up. They had superstar ego's before they played a minute of NHL hockey. At this point they almost HAVE to trade one of the "big four" just to show that no player is more important than the ultimate goal of winning a cup.

You can see it in how Edmonton's top players play. They play so entitled, and not the good entitled play. They play as if they don't have to work for their wins. The entire lockerroom is a cancer, and the supposed saviors of the franchise aren't that good to begin with. RNH has gotten worse since his draft year, Yakupov is a -30 right now (!!!!!!), Eberle is lazy and only tries every other game (I cringe when NYR fans ask for Eberle in trade proposals), and J. Schultz is hot garbage. Taylor Hall is the only one that gives a ****, and you can see how much the losses weigh in on him every post game interview.

Edmonton needs to be gutted from top to bottom. The way that franchise is run is absolutely unacceptable.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Edmonton is the worst run team in the league. They need to gut that franchise from Lowe all the way down to the popcorn vendors. The only untouchables on that team should be Hall and Perron. I'd clean house and blow it up all the way again. Someone pooped in the pool. How do you clean it? Drain the pool and put new water in there.

Post of the week right here :laugh: Couldn't have described the Oilers any better myself.

Now for some proposals:

1. Stepan + MDZ + '14 1st

to EDM for

Yakupov, EDM '14 1st

2. Stepan + Girardi + conditional 1st/3rd if Girardi resigns

to TB for

Hedman + Purcell + Connolly

3. Stepan + Girardi + conditional '14 1st/4th if Girardi resigns

to WPG for

Byfuglien + Little + '14 1st

4. Stepan + Girardi

to WPG for

Byfuglien + Setoguchi + '14 4th

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Post of the week right here :laugh: Couldn't have described the Oilers any better myself.

Now for some proposals:

to EDM for

Yakupov, EDM '14 1st

to TB for

to WPG for

4. Stepan + Girardi

to WPG for

Here we go again with the Stepan crap.... Bernmeister 2.0

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Yeah, and it doesn't help the hype and blind coverage they get from media down there (if you are not Russian).

That clown Dreger was on TV earlier this season talking about how EDM wouldn't trade any of it's top young players lol. Facts are that they will never improve unless they make some tough decisions. That is the story with EDM, the only story.

Now Gagner might be available, but only if bla bla bla.

I mean Colorado got some fantastic top picks, and still needed to make those deals to even start to challenge in the POs. Sundin for Clark. Nolan for Ozo. The Roy trade.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Another day passes and Del Zotto is still a Ranger. Every day since the summer, I keep waking up expecting that today will be the last day that Del Zotto will be a Ranger, but alas, he remains.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Another day passes and Del Zotto is still a Ranger. Every day since the summer, I keep waking up expecting that today will be the last day that Del Zotto will be a Ranger, but alas, he remains.

I know how it feels.

For me its another day without a decent PMD. I don't want to count Poti, that puts us back to Leetch's last year in 2002, 12 years and counting since we had a decent / good PMD. Many teams have 2-3...

They aren't rare, there are quite many out there, but unless you are alert (like NJ with Zidlicky) they aren't easy to come buy. Look at what Philly had to pay for a very old PMD in Streit.

Washington lost again. They are settling in as a 6-8 team in the East. They are not a team with potential to go all the way, they have very little room to make moves with. Unfortuneatly, they have alerady been "robbed" by Nashville in the Erat trade (the turnout of that move is a bit suprising to me, Erat has been a great player year in and year out wtihout ever getting any complaints from one of the toughest coaches in the game in Nashville. F. Forsberg look great though). Carlsson has assumed the top role on their PP.

We will have around 9m available at the deadline (http://www.capgeek.com/rangers ... is that number really correct?).

Could a deal be worked out for Mike Green? Its not impossible to motivate a deal from Washington's point of view. But OTOH, if he were to be made available, one would assume that there would be several suitors. Maybe the price would be too high.

Green would make a decision on Brad Richards a lot easier. Green could undoubtedly be the point on a top PP unit just as well as Richards. BR right now is playing both PP units, if we dump him without replacing him we probably pull the plug on our PP for another 5 years to come... The only option we have internally is to put Zucc in BR's role. Maybe, just maybe, that could be a option. But then Zucc needs to be replaced down low.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013

Now for some proposals:

to EDM for

Yakupov, EDM '14 1st

to TB for

to WPG for

4. Stepan + Girardi

to WPG for

Ffs you really don't like Stepan. All these deals are terrible for one or the other team. Just stop.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

Now for some proposals:

to EDM for

Yakupov, EDM '14 1st

to TB for

to WPG for

4. Stepan + Girardi

to WPG for

Just stop…

… and #4 is so bad that it's comical…

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Some of the home grown Rangers are now approaching their 30's and are up for new contracts. Girardi,Callahan and Staal. That is the issue. Girardi will be 30. Callahan will be 29. Staal turned 27 a few days ago. He has one more year left on his contract.

Darren Dreger mentioned(January 3rd NHL Network)there was a very good possibility that DZ will be here for the rest of the season. AV put DZ back on the left side and Moore on the right side. The Rangers want a top 4 D in exchange for Del Zotto.

All of these guys are up for new contracts. Girardi,Callahan,DZ and Moore in July. Staal is up next July.

The frustrating thing is the trading deadline is 48 days away and the same questions remain about this team. So many unsigned players. They will be rushing to get players signed and they won't have enough time to get the players signed. Except for Lundqvist,the unsigned players are still unsigned. If they don't something for those unsigned players,how is management replacing those players? There aren't many young players ready to step in. Its either re-sign those players or sign other players. They don't have many assets to trade for other players to fill those needs. To sign Lundqvist,the Rangers had to be dragged to the cliff. His play was suffering. Lundqvist looked lost. The Rangers gave him the 7th year and the extra $1M-$1.5M. Its been almost six weeks and the other guys haven't been signed.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Mediocre? interesting...

your a tough critic, can't argue that..

no top line players at forward and maybe one on D

13 NHL Drafts

I'll say it again

NO TOP LINE PLAYERS AT FORWARD AND MAYBE ONE ON D

McDonagh was drafted by Montreal and Lundqvist was drafted a week after Sather took the job and not selected until the 7th round. Girardi was an undrafted FA signing.

Sather and his team have drafted a plethora of 2nd/3rd line tweeners and not one top line forward and arguably just ONE top pairing defenceman in Marc Staal

The Rangers drafting during Sather's tenure here has been mediocre AT BEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad