Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'd love Yakupov, but don't see it in the cards.

We've seen MDZ rumored for other D-men.
We've heard Sather might be shopping Girardi.

So unless Oilers want Girardi...

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Scrivens is really only worth a 3rd? wtf?

I'm sure LAK could have gotten better value for Scrivens. Although the third will likely be #61-64 overall, still

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Scrivens going for only a third is the reason why we shouldn't be talking about trading Talbot.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Scrivens looked pretty bad on the Leafs, it's probably safe to say that LA's defence covered up some of his shortcomings that EDM wont be able to do. A 3rd is pretty good return for a guy who should really be a backup.

EDM gets a few months to decide if they want to re-sign him, and going by their track record with picks outside the 1st round they haven't given up much.

It's a 'meh' trade, but it's a pretty good 'meh' trade for both teams

zuckera1

Mar 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't buy the Stastny love.

He'd be the perfect example of another solid player nearing 30 coming to NY and underperforming. To me he's only a slight upgrade to Stepan and he'll cost much more for a long long time. I could see him getting 7 years 6.5 million or something like that, NO THANKS. We don't need more money tied up in aging players.

I'd rather give Step another year, sign Brassard to a 1-2 year deal, and go after the best 2nd/3rd line center on the market. Stastny/Thornton aren't the answer guys, I have a feeling both of them would be Richards/Drury/Gomez 2.0

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
i thought Scrivens would get a 2nd but i guess with threw goalies in the bank, Lombardi was "desperate" to move one but I can't imagine MacT wasn't any less desperate to acquire one as well.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Stasny would be a Gomez/Drury redux.

He isn't a dominant no 1 center. Just a consistent player on the power play and a good playmaker, and smart player.

Athletically he isn't special, it's his hockey sense that makes him what he is, the legs and strength aren't there to be that prime top center.

The Rangers need a top center.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
This team has been searching for an elite center since 2001. It plays out the same way ever couple seasons, we bring in a mediocre 1st line center or an old, over the hill quality first line centerman, pay him big bucks to under perform to managements expectations and the cycle repeats itself. For the New York Rangers current example, please see; Richards, Brad

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i thought Scrivens would get a 2nd but i guess with threw goalies in the bank, Lombardi was "desperate" to move one but I can't imagine MacT wasn't any less desperate to acquire one as well.
Well as of now, the Oilers 3rd would be the 61st pick of the draft, that's pretty much 2nd round range.

Oilers are dumb. Dubnyk is having a bad year, but he's not a bad goalie. Save percentage last three years is 0.921, 0.914, 0.916. The first 13 games of the season he had a 0.876 SV%, since he's been at 0.906.

Hendricks....

BeCy_1-CAAAxR_L.png

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Whenever I feel bad about the Rangers, I hum this to myself to try and remember that other franchises have bad management, too.

yeah bc they havent even mad the playoffs this decade..

oh yeah..

most of our team is homegrown

and missed the playoffs 1 since 2005

oh yeah..

last 3 years

we went to a CF and went on to the second round 2years in a row

oh yeah...

our team is mostly homegrown..

come on now...

i feel bad edm.. having 1st overall like 4-5yrs in a row and they're still in that position that many years later is sad!!!

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
yeah bc they havent even mad the playoffs this decade..

oh yeah..

most of our team is homegrown

and missed the playoffs 1 since 2005

oh yeah..

last 3 years

we went to a CF and went on to the second round 2years in a row

oh yeah...

our team is mostly homegrown..

come on now...

i feel bad edm.. having 1st overall like 4-5yrs in a row and they're still in that position that many years later is sad!!!
You feel bad? They've gotten multiple top 5 picks. They constantly tank. Yea they opened their wallets to retain their youth but that was just as asinine. They barely have the NHL experience and they got their payday. They didnt bring in the right pieces to mix in with the inexperienced young talent.

No I don't feel bad for them. I laugh.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
You feel bad? They've gotten multiple top 5 picks. They constantly tank. Yea they opened their wallets to retain their youth but that was just as asinine. They barely have the NHL experience and they got their payday. They didnt bring in the right pieces to mix in with the inexperienced young talent.

Clearly the fans fault.

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
Would trading Brassard and Girardi for Mike Green and Martin Erat be of any interest?

Green is one of the best PPQB's in the NHL and would look good in AV's system, isn't elite in his own zone but could paired with McD or Staal form a really great #1 pairing.
Erat is still a good player, but have been terribly misused by the Caps, which is why he asked for a trade. He is a natural RW but can play both sides, is a really good playmaker, great skater and hustles hard every shift.
Both are signed through next year.

This trade would require that the Caps are allowed to negotiate an extension with Girardi pre-trade.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Would trading Brassard and Girardi for Mike Green and Martin Erat be of any interest?

Green is one of the best PPQB's in the NHL and would look good in AV's system, isn't elite in his own zone but could paired with McD or Staal form a really great #1 pairing.
Erat is still a good player, but have been terribly misused by the Caps, which is why he asked for a trade. He is a natural RW but can play both sides, is a really good playmaker, great skater and hustles hard every shift.
Both are signed through next year.

This trade would require that the Caps are allowed to negotiate an extension with Girardi pre-trade.

Absolutely not.

Erat is a downgrade from Brassard, and Green is a downgrade from Girardi. Green has been god awful this year too.

That is absolutely making a trade just to make a trade. There's no incentive to do it.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY

we view it the same way then..

i feel bad bc its funny with all those top picks they still suck and havent done **** with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad