Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

More likely scenario:

Rangers trade for Green and Hanzal in an attempt to make a cup run this year.

i can almost bet that Green from the Caps wont be traded to Rangers unless its a 3 way trade.. and if your talking about Matt Greene from the Kings well he is one of their leaders on defense. i doubt he gets moved..

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
True, but I wonder what it means for Rinne? Is he out longer than expected? Mazanec or Hutton would seem like a decent backup, so to me this means Rinne is more suspect to return this season.

I think Nashville just saw an opportunity to get rid of a bad contract that they just signed.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think Nashville just saw an opportunity to get rid of a bad contract that they just signed.

That, and to stop exposing two decent goalie prospects to a level they're not ready for. Dubnyk softens the blow on them until Rinne returns.

Oilers get some grit. Not a bad deal for both sides.

BarbaraAlphanse

It wouldn't surprise me honestly.

Reimer? Hemsky going the other way? Seems like the centerpoint to a swap between both teams. Toronto gets more scoring and shakes up their lineup a little. Edmonton gets a somewhat solid goaltender.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
My ideal scenario:

Trade 1:

To Chicago:
Ryan Callahan

To NYR:
Adam Clendening + Ryan Hartman + CHI 1st

Trade #2:
To MON:
Brian Boyle

To NYR:
Dalton Thrower + 2nd '14

Trade #3:
To DET:
Anton Stralman

To NYR:
Sproul/Sheahan + 3rd '14

Trade #4:
To TOR:
Del Zotto

To NYR:
Gardiner +

Re-sign:
Girardi @ 5.25 million for 6 years

D. Moore @ 1.2 million for 1 year

Carcillo @ 850k for 1 year (depth)

line-up to finish the year

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
MZA-Brassard-Pouliot
Hagelin-Richards-Miller
Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Gardiner
Moore-Falk/Allen

I like all of your targets. I would be ok with this.

I really think, there is a 0% chance anythin close to this happens.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Reimer? Hemsky going the other way? Seems like the centerpoint to a swap between both teams. Toronto gets more scoring and shakes up their lineup a little. Edmonton gets a somewhat solid goaltender.

If Toronto proposed the deal I think Edmonton runs with it. Reimer is a good goalie. Better than dubnyk. Room to grow.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Leafs executive Claude Loiselle was on the FAN590 today. He said trade talk is picking up but its hard to make a trade. Money makes it tough to make a trade. Its hard to trade with a team in the conference because all of the teams are bunched together.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think they're pretty high on Peters and Khudobin, and with Ward seemingly battling an injury every year, they might want to get out from under his contract.

Something around Ward and Gagner would probably be the foundation of a deal.

Khudobin and Peters have outplayed Ward who has 3 more years left on his contract.

Wow, maybe. Seems like a rather large deal but maybe?

Punxrocknyc19*

I think they're pretty high on Peters and Khudobin, and with Ward seemingly battling an injury every year, they might want to get out from under his contract.

Something around Ward and Gagner would probably be the foundation of a deal.

could it be a 3 way trade??

Ward to Oilers
Yakupov to Rangers
Staal to Canes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad