Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
I'd be open to trading cally...

I htink we should take a run at Yak.. we need that high risk/high reward type player..

MDZ, +,+, 1st: no idea what it would cost.. i don't think it shuld be a lot though.. regardless of 1st or top 3 overall they are still unproven and living off potential not actual

EDM is a complete and utter mess.. thy are a joke, especially after reading that letter today.. with how many 1st overall and top 5 picks they've had they should be close to the playoffs not still the laughing stock of NHL..

Punxrocknyc19*

I'd be open to trading cally...

I htink we should take a run at Yak.. we need that high risk/high reward type player..

MDZ, +,+, 1st: no idea what it would cost.. i don't think it shuld be a lot though.. regardless of 1st or top 3 overall they are still unproven and living off potential not actual

EDM is a complete and utter mess.. thy are a joke, especially after reading that letter today.. with how many 1st overall and top 5 picks they've had they should be close to the playoffs not still the laughing stock of NHL..

well if Edmonton had patience with their draft picks and not rush them to the NHL at the age of 18 i bet they would be a much better team.. reminds me of the Islanders when they were doing this...

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Or if they could get decent vets in - the one thing that makes me think Cally-to-EDM can even be an outside possibility is that they were right up there with Toronto in the David Clarksonstakes. Huge, huge need there for a 100%er who works and hits.

Punxrocknyc19*

Or if they could get decent vets in - the one thing that makes me think Cally-to-EDM can even be an outside possibility is that they were right up there with Toronto in the David Clarksonstakes. Huge, huge need there for a 100%er who works and hits.

i doubt Callahan would sign with Oilers if he was traded and i doubt Oilers would trade for him since he is an UFA at the moment...:amazed: but if we can get their 1st round pick this year then id trade Callahan.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Because some random guy made up a story on a site to get hits.

Michael Straw is a freelance sports journalist based in Buffalo, NY who has covered the Buffalo Sabres for four years. His work has been featured on WGR-550AM-Buffalo and Yahoo’s Puck Daddy blog.

He may be random to us, and he might be just making **** up, but consider where Callahan is from and consider how close the markets are. Also, I know there are people who don't cover teams but know things otherwise. This isn't someone like Eklund throwing **** at a wall here. Even more so, honestly given Callahan's situation, this claim is not even a little preposterous.

Is it imminent? No of course not, but let's not get ridiculous about the possibilities here.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'm anticipating a huge move. Huge.

I'm curious, is it just the pastrami you had for lunch telling you this or do you have a scoop from somewhere? I really don't know anyone established that may be on the block.

Besides, the way this team is playing now, you change nothing.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I'm curious, is it just the pastrami you had for lunch telling you this or do you have a scoop from somewhere? I really don't know anyone established that may be on the block.

Besides, the way this team is playing now, you change nothing.

Yeah it is definitely best to just ride this team out to an early playoff exit and then decide not to re-sign one or both Girardi and Callahan.

Needs still have to be addressed even if people do actually believe this team has a shot at the Cup. How many contenders stand pat and ride it out in hopes that whatever they got is good enough?

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
He may be random to us, and he might be just making **** up, but consider where Callahan is from and consider how close the markets are. Also, I know there are people who don't cover teams but know things otherwise. This isn't someone like Eklund throwing **** at a wall here. Even more so, honestly given Callahan's situation, this claim is not even a little preposterous.

Is it imminent? No of course not, but let's not get ridiculous about the possibilities here.

Just because someone regurgitates things that have already been heavily discussed doesn't increase his credibility. This is the exact same as Eklund. The topic of Cally being/not being resigned has been discussed for weeks on here, does that mean we're all insiders or that we have some sort of clout as far as trades/transactions? This guy wrote what he did for hits.

For reference, this guy hasn't written anything about hockey this season other than this apparent Cally situation, and about Steen's injury 3 weeks ago. Nothing about the Vanek trade, no mention of Downie/Talbot, nothing about Buffalo's situation aside from them possibly shopping Grigorenko (which is strange since he apparently "covers" them and again is nothing new as he posted it yesterday and has been discussed on here for weeks) nothing about anything that's happened this season (outside of 3 instances). Doesn't that strike you as odd? The guy writes about/covers lacrosse. Prior to the article about Steen, he didn't write any hockey-related article for 4 months..and that was a review of NHL14. I'm not about to believe him or his "source close to the situation". I'll wait to hear something from the Rangers themselves.

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yeah it is definitely best to just ride this team out to an early playoff exit and then decide not to re-sign one or both Girardi and Callahan.

Needs still have to be addressed even if people do actually believe this team has a shot at the Cup. How many contenders stand pat and ride it out in hopes that whatever they got is good enough?

Read my posting history. Callahan and Girardi should be traded for the best return if extension talks fall through or they're asking for more than their worth. I'm not as short sighted as some would like to believe.

This team shouldn't trade right now, but if things start to look iffy again, I would pull the trigger if the right deal came along.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Just because someone regurgitates things that have already been heavily discussed doesn't increase his credibility. This is the exact same as Eklund. The topic of Cally being/not being resigned has been discussed for weeks on here, does that mean we're all insiders or that we have some sort of clout as far as trades/transactions?

No of course not. I don't even disagree with you. I'm just saying considering his location, maybe he heard something, and that no one here was saying anything was imminent because of the rumor. Just that it is certainly not shocking, if true.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Read my posting history. Callahan and Girardi should be traded for the best return if extension talks fall through or they're asking for more than their worth. I'm not as short sighted as some would like to believe.

This team shouldn't trade right now, but if things start to look iffy again, I would pull the trigger if the right deal came along.

Not trying to pigeonhole you, I'm just saying if this team suddenly does look like it has a shot at the Cup, they have holes to fill and should at least attempt to fill them before the deadline.

If Glen is in win now mode, he might as well do it right. The worst possible outcome is not trading anyone or giving up only a 1st/prospect, and then making a mediocre Cup run with what they have now that will inevitably end in an early exit.

BarbaraAlphanse

Not trying to pigeonhole you, I'm just saying if this team suddenly does look like it has a shot at the Cup, they have holes to fill and should at least attempt to fill them before the deadline.

If Glen is in win now mode, he might as well do it right. The worst possible outcome is not trading anyone or giving up only a 1st/prospect, and then making a mediocre Cup run with what they have now that will inevitably end in an early exit.

Holes:

3w. 4d.

Someone gritter over poo that can provide more/the same scoring. Someone who can slot Stralman down with Del Zotto or Moore (whoever the organization feels is better) and pair with Staal to create a solid 2nd defensive pairing... although that pairing is already rather solid.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
No of course not. I don't even disagree with you. I'm just saying considering his location, maybe he heard something, and that no one here was saying anything was imminent because of the rumor. Just that it is certainly not shocking, if true.

It's definitely not shocking and I agree it's possible for someone who (I guess extremely loosely) covers Buffalo hockey could have heard something about a hometown boy, but people are making it sound like this is gospel and Cally's already packed and ready to go.

Danthehockeyman

Dec 13, 2013
Albany, NY
A Ryan Callahan Trade

If Callahan were to be traded, what could be brought back in return?

I'm not really psyched on trading Captain Cally but if needed, what could we get. A trade being obtaining the highest value players or draft pick that would serve the teams needs.

In my opinion I'd love to see the guy re-signed.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm not really psyched on trading Captain Cally but if needed, what could we get. A trade being obtaining the highest value players or draft pick that would serve the teams needs.

Zibanijad, Smith, 3rd.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Holes:

3w. 4d.

Someone gritter over poo that can provide more/the same scoring. Someone who can slot Stralman down with Del Zotto or Moore (whoever the organization feels is better) and pair with Staal to create a solid 2nd defensive pairing... although that pairing is already rather solid.

The conversation should probably start moving towards filling holes as it is becoming more apparent they will be buyers.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Odds are he is going to get re-signed, he is in the top 6 forwards in scoring on the team this season, and also missed a bunch of games. Last night was just an example of what he can still bring to this team.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
The conversation should probably start moving towards filling holes as it is becoming more apparent they will be buyers.

Well, what kind of buyers?

If we make a trade for O'Reilly or a good young player to grow with the team, by all means I'm for it.

If we make a trade for rentals, no thanks.

It's really disheartening that Sather is still pursuing Dan Boyle, though.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Well, what kind of buyers?

If we make a trade for O'Reilly or a good young player to grow with the team, by all means I'm for it.

If we make a trade for rentals, no thanks.

It's really disheartening that Sather is still pursuing Dan Boyle, though.

Who knows with Sather? If it were for **** rentals I'd rather he just stand pat even though that is a mistake as well. If he wants to buy legitimate long-term talent that's another story, but I don't see that being the case.

BarbaraAlphanse

If we were to just look at those 2 holes, we'd be looking at Mike Green and Hanzal. Hanzal isn't grittier than Poo, but he's technically more offensively gifted, more consistent, and more established.

If we were looking at smaller moves, Ray Whitney for the 3rd line and then getting a Doug Murray-esque player for the 3rd pairing.

I'm thinking something bigger. I think Sather loses his marbles and trades for some big time player. A move that addresses a hole coming, but that we don't need right now.

Stastny. Subban. Kessler.

Something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad