Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Callahan has been a pretty average ES player, but his play elevates when he's with Stepan. He's also an elite PP producer, although he seems more redundant this year. The question is, do the Rangers pay for past pedigree and loyalty, while also holding out hope that he returns to his previous form on the PP?

He's playing excellent 5 on 5 now, with a +6 rating in the last 9 games, and 6 points. Callahan was given time on the PP in the last 2 games, he made some good plays, and those units scored. AV needs to put him back on the PP, because some of the other players have gotten stale, plus the last 2 PPG came 5 on 3 advantage.

Tonight proved why he is our best PK'er, yet another short handed goal to totally rip any chance from Washington coming back.

I hope they re-sign him, he has deserved to stay here in NY.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Starting to change my stance on Girardi a bit. He's been awesome the last few games.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Sens fan here. Does Callahan have a NTC and if not what do you think would be a fair price to trade for him if Sather decided to go that route? He'd look good on Spezza's wing and he'd replace Michalek basically on our team.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sens fan here. Does Callahan have a NTC and if not what do you think would be a fair price to trade for him if Sather decided to go that route? He'd look good on Spezza's wing and he'd replace Michalek basically on our team.

I doubt they trade him. I wanted to trade him because he was completely useless for a part of the season but since coming back, while he hasn't been scoring like he has in previous years he's been very good. He's also our captain and veteran that you need to go into the playoffs with (provided we make them).

GarretJoseph*

You can have Callahan and I'll throw in Del Zotto along with a few kids for Erik Karlsson :naughty:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Since Ottawa doesn't have their 1st this year, I would want Lazar or Zibanejad back. The Rangers aren't trading their captain for spare parts. If Callahan is traded, the Rangers will get a very good return.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Starting to change my stance on Girardi a bit. He's been awesome the last few games.

I agree that he's been playing great. He'd probably be really good for whoever we traded him to so I think he would bring back a very nice return. I guess it's something you explore but only finalize if the return is worth the hit we'd take this season. I'm still hesitant to sign up for the incoming 5 year contract he'll receive.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

We're not trading anyone. We're content with signing everybody and making our annual "push" for the 8th seed. YOLO!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Trade Girardi and Callahan after the season? For what? Mid to late round picks. How does that help the Rangers?

The Rangers need to make decisions on both of these guys. Sign them. Trade them. The price is not dropping after the season or in June. You determine if its worth signing them or not signing them. Its not that hard. Stralman too.

Look at the current commitments. Look at what each player will cost to retain. The Rangers know where the cap will be set. Hopefully the Canadian dollar doesn't decline which could lower the $71M cap.

Management needs to make the hard decisions. Sign Girardi. Trade Callahan. It doesn't sound like the Rangers can or are willing to sign both based on what they are asking for.

The days are flying off the calendar. February 7 and March 5.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Trade Girardi and Callahan after the season? For what? Mid to late round picks. How does that help the Rangers?

The Rangers need to make decisions on both of these guys. Sign them. Trade them. The price is not dropping after the season or in June. You determine if its worth signing them or not signing them. Its not that hard. Stralman too.

Look at the current commitments. Look at what each player will cost to retain. The Rangers know where the cap will be set. Hopefully the Canadian dollar doesn't decline which could lower the $71M cap.

Management needs to make the hard decisions. Sign Girardi. Trade Callahan. It doesn't sound like the Rangers can or are willing to sign both based on what they are asking for.

With the Cap going up, and if they buyout Richards there should be no problem signing both, and even with Richards not bought out they should be able to sign both.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Dolan wants his guaranteed two playoff dates in his new building.

Sather isn't the only indecisive guy right now. Look around the league.

And there's a precedent set: Sather doesn't screw with a winning formula. In 2012 he had a void on defense and he ignored it with the useless Scott trade.

He should re-sign both at this point. Hell, resign everybody so the next GM inherits 10 long-term UFA contracts with NTCs

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I doubt they trade him. I wanted to trade him because he was completely useless for a part of the season but since coming back, while he hasn't been scoring like he has in previous years he's been very good. He's also our captain and veteran that you need to go into the playoffs with (provided we make them).

He is now in the top 6 on the team in scoring based on the amount of games he's played, and had multiple injuries to deal with. His last 9 games, he has 6 points, with a +6 rating. Basically his offense has been good, but his defense has been even better. He logged in over 20 mins against the Blackhawks game because he was the best guy to have on the ice in a tight game. That shortie last night has always been his game, like the goal against Winnipeg last season. It's also why he is our best PK'er on the team, one of our best on the PP, and now his 5 on 5 has been very good.

AV needs to put him back on the PP, either split the shift with someone, or give him a full shift. He was on the ice making strong contributions on the last two PP goals. He also had that assist on the Columbus PP goal from Nash where he made a check and was able to get the puck out to the point and quickly get to the net to screen the goalie.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

Dolan wants his guaranteed two playoff dates in his new building.

Sather isn't the only indecisive guy right now. Look around the league.

And there's a precedent set: Sather doesn't screw with a winning formula. In 2012 he had a void on defense and he ignored it with the useless Scott trade.

He should re-sign both at this point. Hell, resign everybody so the next GM inherits 10 long-term UFA contracts with NTCs

Wow you guys are totally shiny new toy syndrome victims and can't even balance a checkbook. Are you even Rangers fans?! :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
With the Cap going up, and if they buyout Richards there should be no problem signing both, and even with Richards not bought out they should be able to sign both.

Just because you have the space doesn't make it a good decision. You should blow all your savings on a Porsche. I mean you have the money right? #yolo

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003

Or they could package them like Nashville did with Hartnell and Timmonen. The Rangers don't need to make the decision today. The fact that you wrote "How does that help the Rangers" shows where you stand on both these players.

The Rangers don't have to make that decision today. As I posted but the Rangers can wait until the trade deadline. Just because Carolina traded for Weight 8 years ago doesn't mean the Rangers have to trade Callahan or Girardi before the Olympic break.

We have no idea what they are going to cost.

What are they asking for?

The days are flying off the calendar. February 7 and March 5

And the team keeps winning. I know it sucks because they aren't going to have a fire sale but oh well. Maybe they should trade Zuc too! :sarcasm:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers are surging now. We might not be the best team in the league but on any given night we can beat anybody. The players seem to be thinking that. The lines are set--there's very little ****ing around with that. Unless you haven't been paying attention at all you know who's on Stepan's line--who's on Richards line--who's on Brassard's line--who's on Moore's line. You know what the defense pairings are and you have a pretty good idea who's going to be on the pwp and pk'ing. Players have found and are fitting into their roles. Our best players are performing at the level we need them to lately. The time for Toronto to trade for DZ was last month. This month he's become part of our picture again.

Before the season began the Rangers were expected to be one of maybe the three best teams in the East. They are finally playing like that. It's taken us all year but the team has finally clawed back to the point where we've scored as many goals as we've given up--128. We're beginning to see guys who have been - plus/minus players become + players. We now have several of them--Kreider, Nash, McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, Girardi and Carcillo and three guys who are even--Callahan, Pouliot and John Moore.

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
Sharks scouting Ranger games....Wilson most be licking his chops to make a deal with Sather.

Del Zotto and Miller for Boyle.....get ready.

Punxrocknyc19*

Sharks scouting Ranger games....Wilson most be licking his chops to make a deal with Sather.

Del Zotto and Miller for Boyle.....get ready.

that will never happen... that is such a stupid deal... Sather wont be trading a solid prospect for a guy that is 37 and will be an UFA :rant:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Right now you don't trade ANYBODY.

yea its comical with these boards. They are winning so no one will be shipped out of importance. That means Girardi and Callahan are sticking which honestly they are likely going to be resigned. They are both long tine Rangers and with Richards being bought out they will fit them all into next yr.

If they move anyone its Del Zotto. Sure maybe SJ for Demers. They really should get a RD

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Now is the time to add Boyle...so what if it takes Miller +

Your out of your mind to think its ok to trade miller..

Boyle may be something we add but he's not exactly the Boyle of old.. He's old and not producing or even half the player he once was...

If we keep this winning mentality to Olympic break well prob look to add mike cam from Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad