Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They're in a position for a first round exit though :). Those are always fun.

Aren't you sick of them? Cause I know I am.

Seems your not though. It's fine, let's keep the mediocrity rolling, only 500 years till our next cup.

If they get 2nd or 3rd in the division I see no reason they can't get to the 2nd round. The Metro is not exactly filled with a bunch of juggernauts.

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers need to upgrade their skill in the 3rd and 4th line.. they need more scoring from that line.. 10 -15 goals from a 4th liner should not be that hard to find..

pest Antoine Roussel has 8 goals. he was a good find by the Stars. i wish Rangers had a player like that in the system.

Ryan Garbutt has 10 goals..

Zack Smith 9 goals

Rangers 4th line combined for 8 goals :laugh: if fans dont think this is not an issue well it is...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Is that how value works? Wow, thanks for the education....:sarcasm:

The Rangers aren't trading Callahan or Girardi at the deadline. How do I know that? Because I live in the real world where teams don't make trades like that when the are in a position to make the playoffs...Can you find an example of team having a fire sale when they are in playoff position? I bet you can't....

It is about instant gratification. That's all it is. If the Rangers are out of it they should trade Girardi and Callahan but right now they aren't in that position. Are they? I know the new standings can be confusing so I'm serious when I ask, do you know how to read the new standings?

Think about a team structure and the players for a second.... They go to camp, they play games, they work hard, they get back into a playoff spot, and management trades two important players at the deadline for prospects and picks. This isn't NHL 14.

I never said the best value for the players would be after the playoffs. I said the Rangers can still make a trade after the playoffs. It's guys like you, the instant gratification, shiny new toy, fans that can't accept that. You need a trade, something to debate and talk about on the "boards" because that's more important to you then anything else. It's hysterical to read these threads. Fans who probably can't balance a checkbook telling everybody how a team should be run. :laugh:

What are you even on about? You said they can trade Callahan and Girardi after the season. No ****, Sherlock. You then said the reason people want to trade them now is because of instant gratification. You are wrong and I corrected you. You are the one assuming people actually believe Sather is going to trade either of them before or at the deadline.

Never once did any of the people who wanted to see Girardi and Callahan traded believe that. Despite all the discussion about it over the past few months, people continued to express their dismay at the fact Sather would in fact proceed with the status quo. Something painfully obvious to any long-time fan of this team. It was only being discussed here because of the merits that trading them had for the franchise going forward. That has nothing to do with shiny new toy and everything to do with wanting what is best for the team going forward. Clearly something Glen Sather has zero concept of. Yeah, but it's all about debate and conversation. Something to argue about on the boards. Please. It's clear by the 10 Cups Sather has brought to the city of New York that he is infallable and knows what is best for this team. Oh wait, he hasn't even sniffed a Cup. He knows what's best for lining Dolan's pockets. If anyone around here knows how to balance a checkbook it is Glen Sather.

Keep on posting your sarcastic, smug, theories about why people want to see two aging players moved when their value remains high. Clearly you've got it all figured out. Send Sather your resume, genius. :help:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Yes, that's exactly what it's about. It's about that feeling posters get when they see that "confirmed with a link" in red letters next to a trade. It's why the board goes crazy every July during free agency.

If the Rangers were in a position to not make playoffs I would be screaming that Girardi and Callahan should be traded. They aren't in that position though. Are they?

This trade talk is crazy. Unless the Rangers are trading Callahan and Girardi for players that can help out right away (and the laughable trade proposals don't reflect that) it's pointless to even talk about trading them.

It's pointless to talk about a lot of things, but that's what people do. That's what the boards are for. If you don't like it leave rather than getting on the soapbox and belittling people for having contrasting ideas with what the ding dong running the show has. I don't care if he plans on trading them or not, it's still worth pointing out that he SHOULD trade them, standings be damned. This team isn't winning anything, I'll be sure to remind you in June.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
What are you even on about? You said they can trade Callahan and Girardi after the season. No ****, Sherlock. You then said the reason people want to trade them now is because of instant gratification. You are wrong and I corrected you. You are the one assuming people actually believe Sather is going to trade either of them before or at the deadline.

Never once did any of the people who wanted to see Girardi and Callahan traded believe that. Despite all the discussion about it over the past few months, people continued to express their dismay at the fact Sather would in fact proceed with the status quo. Something painfully obvious to any long-time fan of this team. It was only being discussed here because of the merits that trading them had for the franchise going forward. That has nothing to do with shiny new toy and everything to do with wanting what is best for the team going forward. Clearly something Glen Sather has zero concept of. Yeah, but it's all about debate and conversation. Something to argue about on the boards. Please. It's clear by the 10 Cups Sather has brought to the city of New York that he is infallable and knows what is best for this team. Oh wait, he hasn't even sniffed a Cup. He knows what's best for lining Dolan's pockets. If anyone around here knows how to balance a checkbook it is Glen Sather.

Keep on posting your sarcastic, smug, theories about why people want to see two aging players moved when their value remains high. Clearly you've got it all figured out. Send Sather your resume, genius. :help:

How am I defending Sather? I'm just being real if you can't handle that I'm sorry. Trading them two months ago made sense, trading them now when the team is playing well makes no sense. The FACT is if any poster goes out on a limb and says "lets see how the team does in the playoffs" that poster is labeled an idiot or worse somebody that supports Sather.

Thank you for the compliments. Do you honestly think I care what your opinion is on anything to do with the Rangers? Just looking at your posting history lets me know you are the shiny new toy type of fan.

Why can't the merits of keeping these guys long term be discussed? Are Girardi and Callahan bad players? No, but they aren't that young anymore and on this board younger is always better.

Go out and buy a jersey today. It will make you feel better.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
It's pointless to talk about a lot of things, but that's what people do. That's what the boards are for. If you don't like it leave rather than getting on the soapbox and belittling people for having contrasting ideas with what the ding dong running the show has. I don't care if he plans on trading them or not, it's still worth pointing out that he SHOULD trade them, standings be damned. This team isn't winning anything, I'll be sure to remind you in June.

Why don't you leave? What's the point of posting if you already know what's going to happen.

He SHOULD trade them? Even in a playoff position, even with the team playing so well? Gee, I'm surprised you aren't working for a team. :laugh:

This team probably isn't winning anything but in a weak Eastern Conference anything can happen. Trading two valuable pieces now is stupid. It's a stupid idea!!! Two months ago it made sense, maybe at the deadline, IF the team is struggling it will make sense. Right now it doesn't. Right now it's only proposed by poster who need instant gratification. Posters like you!

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
They're in a position for a first round exit though :). Those are always fun.

Aren't you sick of them? Cause I know I am.

Seems your not though. It's fine, let's keep the mediocrity rolling, only 500 years till our next cup.

Hi Kreskin, can you tell me the lotto numbers tonight? You MUST know what's going to happen in the future. Tell me your secrets? How do you do it?

No reason the Rangers can't make a playoff run. Fans saying "hey, lets move these guys after the playoffs if they don't resign" are idiots I guess. Posters that like shiny new toys and young players....those posters are so smart! I wish I was as smart as those fans....I'm not though.

For years Rangers fans wanted homegrown players. Here are two players in Callahan and Girardi and people want to trade them....While the team is doing well....It just doesn't make any sense...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
How am I defending Sather? I'm just being real if you can't handle that I'm sorry. Trading them two months ago made sense, trading them now when the team is playing well makes no sense. The FACT is if any poster goes out on a limb and says "lets see how the team does in the playoffs" that poster is labeled an idiot or worse somebody that supports Sather.

Thank you for the compliments. Do you honestly think I care what your opinion is on anything to do with the Rangers? Just looking at your posting history lets me know you are the shiny new toy type of fan.

Why can't the merits of keeping these guys long term be discussed? Are Girardi and Callahan bad players? No, but they aren't that young anymore and on this board younger is always better.

Go out and buy a jersey today. It will make you feel better.

Agreeing with the status-quo is not defending Sather, but going to the next step and creating ridiculous theories about why people want players traded is certainly questionable. Can't it just be we disagree with the way Sather handles the roster? Wanting to see how this team does in the playoffs is definitely not going out on a limb. It looks that way because of how poorly the first half of the season was. As soon as they get on roll (now) it instantly becomes the rational and cool thing to get back on the bandwagon and hope the team gets so hot it can take down a legitimately good team like Boston, Pitt, Chicago, and Anaheim in a 7 game series. An absolutely ridiculous fantasy. Going out on a limb is seeing what the team is and calling in that in face of them playing better hockey.

Looking at my posting history? How far did you look, a month? I hated the Gaborik trade for the most part. I've defended keeping Boyle. I've never once made a ludicrous suggestion as to trade Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider or anyone else who obviously would hurt the team going forward. I liked the Nash trade, and I've entertained the idea of trading Girardi and Callahan because of the uniqueness of the situation and crossroads the team is at. The shiny new toy ******** is so over blown and completely inaccurate.

The merits have been discussed thoroughly. Go back and look at posts from guys like Ola. He has defended re-signing them vehemently. It has been argued back and forth ad-nauseam, and in my personal opinion re-signing both of them to albatross contracts just spells more of the same from a forever middling squad. I would be totally fine with keeping Girardi and trading Callahan, but that's as far as I am willing to bend. Feel free to disagree, but stop making up baseless accusations for why I harbor that sentiment.

I will never buy a jersey. I have better things to spend my money on, thanks.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Hi Kreskin, can you tell me the lotto numbers tonight? You MUST know what's going to happen in the future. Tell me your secrets? How do you do it?

No reason the Rangers can't make a playoff run. Fans saying "hey, lets move these guys after the playoffs if they don't resign" are idiots I guess. Posters that like shiny new toys and young players....those posters are so smart! I wish I was as smart as those fans....I'm not though.

For years Rangers fans wanted homegrown players. Here are two players in Callahan and Girardi and people want to trade them....While the team is doing well....It just doesn't make any sense...

I'm sorry I'm in the minority that don't buy this team being cup contenders. Far from it actually. Soft, lacking offense from the blueline, no number 1 center, amongst other holes. I have as much faith in my team is the next guy, but I'm being realistic. This team isn't far, but isn't close to competing for the cup, even in a baby-**** soft Eastern Conference.

So you're one of the Anything Can Happen posters? Is that you Glen? Because "anything can happen" is a mantra that's getting really ****ing old. What would happen if this team met the Blues in the SCF? They'd get humiliated. It'll take puck luck of another WORLD for this team to get that far.

I'd rather convert assets that will be too expensive and don't play at that high of a level anyway into good pieces moving towards the future.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
anything can happen.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I will never get sick of this mantra. It will be forever the slogan of Sather. We will look back someday and shake our heads at the anything can happen paradigm.

I'm the instant gratification poster, you're Sather kool-aid drinking poster. Anything can happen u guis!!!

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

I will never get sick of this mantra. It will be forever the slogan of Sather. We will look back someday and shake our heads at the anything can happen paradigm.

I'm the instant gratification poster, you're Sather kool-aid drinking poster. Anything can happen u guis!!!

We just need John Scott to put us over the top.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003

Yup, that's me the Sather kool-aid drinker. I'm glad somebody I don't respect has that opinion of me.

Enjoy Callahan and Girardi on the team. Sorry you won't be able to buy a jersey of a new player. Just wait until July 1st, I'm sure won't be disappointed. How sad that that the joy from the Rangers isn't with how the team plays. No, it's seeing they made a trade for some young player you've never seen or heard of but can find a scouting report on.

I'm done with you...cheers!

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I'm sorry I'm in the minority that don't buy this team being cup contenders. Far from it actually. Soft, lacking offense from the blueline, no number 1 center, amongst other holes. I have as much faith in my team is the next guy, but I'm being realistic. This team isn't far, but isn't close to competing for the cup, even in a baby-**** soft Eastern Conference.

So you're one of the Anything Can Happen posters? Is that you Glen? Because "anything can happen" is a mantra that's getting really ****ing old. What would happen if this team met the Blues in the SCF? They'd get humiliated. It'll take puck luck of another WORLD for this team to get that far.

I'd rather convert assets that will be too expensive and don't play at that high of a level anyway into good pieces moving towards the future.

I'd rather say anything can happen then accept losing. You know what they call people that like losing, right?

You would rather have assets that MIGHT develop into a player as good as Callahan or Girardi? :shakehead

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I'd rather say anything can happen then accept losing. You know what they call people that like losing, right?

You would rather have assets that MIGHT develop into a player as good as Callahan or Girardi? :shakehead

Holy **** you are Glen Sather. Do you understand, this meaningless regular season winning really means nothing in the end? The ultimate goal is to win the Stanley Cup, it's what NHL hockey is all about. With the money and years invested into good but not great players in Cally and G, it will severely hurts our chances of getting to the cup. Cally has numerous injury problems, and Girardi will be very overpaid for what he brings. I don't see what's so difficult about that concept to grasp. We don't hate the players, we don't want them gone because they suck, we just don't think they're worth the contracts they'll get.

Sacrificing now to be better in the future? Wow. God forbid right?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers are not trading Callahan or Girardi as long as they are in serious contention for a playoff spot--unless they are getting players back who can immediately help not hurt their chances NOW which in Girardi's case is extremely unlikely. I don't think there is another team that would do differently if they were in the same situation as the Rangers are currently. It's not just the Rangers MO--it's the way most if not all teams operate. Sather has another reason beyond that--to show confidence in the team means a lot not just to the players but the coaching staff as well.

A month or so ago the team looked like it was going to nowhere--moving Callahan and Girardi made a lot more sense then--it makes little sense now unless the team collapses between now and the trade deadline. Moving Girardi in any case is creating a major hole--a hole that this team is in no position to fill organizationally at the currently. I expect the Rangers are going to sign him if at all possible. Most teams don't want to go the total rebuild way--they'd rather have guys in key positions being replaced by developing prospects/young players. That's what I expect Sather will do.

What he should do? Well--****--that could be anything that any number of different people think.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Yup, that's me the Sather kool-aid drinker. I'm glad somebody I don't respect has that opinion of me.

Enjoy Callahan and Girardi on the team. Sorry you won't be able to buy a jersey of a new player. Just wait until July 1st, I'm sure won't be disappointed. How sad that that the joy from the Rangers isn't with how the team plays. No, it's seeing they made a trade for some young player you've never seen or heard of but can find a scouting report on.

I'm done with you...cheers!

Joy comes from the playing well, and winning the Stanley Cup, something this team has an almost zero chance of.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lol so this board wants to trade Callahan and/or Girardi to have something new to talk about? Uh huh.

I think many make valid pts, but I don't agree with them for a few reasons.

-I think it's easier to win than many realize. I don't believe that a team like Chicago is that great, they have just done the right things. Towes isn't that great, just really clutch. Their D is strong, but more than anything they have realized how you gotta play and move the puck than anything else. Keith isn't a freak of nature. Hjalmarsson-Oduya? Leddy-Rozi? Sure, Kane is super slick and can open things up. Boston is really solid. STL is hard to beat. But like look at Anaheim, they are ***** slapping the entire league. I just don't think they are that good of a team. Flawed defense, little secondary scoring etc.

-When you have a structure, pieces tends to always work. Look at like Bickell in Chicago. When you don't, it's the opposite. 4 top 1-2 picks fails like in EDM. You know. We have a structure in NY. It's not like in Chicago, but it's not like in EDM or Fla either. That is obvious. We got something. Pieces are starting to fit in. What that structure is, what changes you can make etc., that is hard to pinpoint. But it in itself is more important than everything else.

I am a bit afraid that loosing core guys like G and Cally could mess with it.

-I think it's extremely obvious that nothing hurts teams more than bad moves while good moves really seem to have no price tag in hindsight.

Take Prust for example, I don't think I made one post on us letting him go. How could you match that contract? 2.5m per? You know. Now I think we should have resigned him. It seems hard to ever be able to replace him. Fighting, PKing and he scored some goals playing with Boyle. The second we didn't want him, Slats just could have picked up the phone and dealt him for a 3rd rounder at least.

I just don't believe that you should give up something that works. Yes I think G can be a top 3 D on a SC team and Cally a core 2B RWer.

Hence I am not saying that we should write them a blanc one, but if it's a mil too much, a mil and a half, you know. Odds are that five guys making a mill too much is better than one bad acquisition. It wasn't long ago we paid Wolski 5 mill. Cally and G makes a lot of sense for us in a lot of ways.

-I don't get why people are afraid of long term deals. Hossa is signed untill he is 43. We are afraid of resigning players till they are 34. Bringing in like a new guy, like say a Statsny, to be our No 1 C for 7 y 7m, that scares me too. But we know what we have in G and Cally.

Long term deals brings down the AAV. The AAV scares me, not y 5-7...

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Holy **** you are Glen Sather. Do you understand, this meaningless regular season winning really means nothing in the end? The ultimate goal is to win the Stanley Cup, it's what NHL hockey is all about. With the money and years invested into good but not great players in Cally and G, it will severely hurts our chances of getting to the cup. Cally has numerous injury problems, and Girardi will be very overpaid for what he brings. I don't see what's so difficult about that concept to grasp. We don't hate the players, we don't want them gone because they suck, we just don't think they're worth the contracts they'll get.

Sacrificing now to be better in the future? Wow. God forbid right?

Yup, I'm Glen Sather. You got me. Because I think it's wrong to trade important players from a team that is starting to play well. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think the money we give Callahan and Girardi will hurt the team in the coming years. Do you know why I can say that? BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN SIGNED CONTRACTS YET!!!! My original point and post was the team can trade them after the playoffs.

If you can call me Glen Sather then I can say you do hate the players. You are just a fan of new players, you could care less about the team that plays. You just like looking at names on a roster. That's it.....Is that ridiculous? Yes, but just as ridculous of you to assume I support Sather. Trading Callahan made sense two months ago. Trading Girardi made sense two months ago. Trading them now doesn't make sense. I'm sorry if you can't grasp how a team works.

What message is the team sending the players if Girardi and Callahan are traded now? IF they are traded for prospect and picks the message is we don't' believe in you. I'm not down with that. I'm just not. We can go around in circles all day on it. Timing in trades is important. Now is not the time to trade these players. If the team has another slump and it's not likely they will make the playoffs, I would be all for trading them. Today, on January 19th I'm not. If you can't accept that I really don't care. Sorry to be that blunt but I don't. If the Rangers do trade Girardi and Callahan it better bring back a player that helps the roster now.

Anything can happen. I'm not ashamed to say that. That's not a bad phrase, it's true! Look at the Flyers and Devils who both had runs to the finals in the past 5 years. With some more grit, a hot Lundqvist and a good power play the Rangers can beat anybody. That doesn't make me a Sather supporter for thinking that. Do I see your point on trading these players? Of course I do. I just think the timing is wrong. I think in a depressed free agent market the Rangers can still find value for Girardi and Callahan after the playoffs. Just saying that on this board makes me a Sather supporter.

The level of conversation on this board ain't what it used to be...

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003

-I think it's easier to win than many realize. I don't believe that a team like Chicago is that great, they have just done the right things. Towes isn't that great, just really clutch. Their D is strong, but more than anything they have realized how you gotta play and move the puck than anything else. Keith isn't a freak of nature. Hjalmarsson-Oduya? Leddy-Rozi? Sure, Kane is super slick and can open things up. Boston is really solid. STL is hard to beat. But like look at Anaheim, they are ***** slapping the entire league. I just don't think they are that good of a team. Flawed defense, little secondary scoring etc.

-When you have a structure, pieces tends to always work. Look at like Bickell in Chicago. When you don't, it's the opposite. 4 top 1-2 picks fails like in EDM. You know. We have a structure in NY. It's not like in Chicago, but it's not like in EDM or Fla either. That is obvious. We got something. Pieces are starting to fit in. What that structure is, what changes you can make etc., that is hard to pinpoint. But it in itself is more important than everything else.

-I think it's extremely obvious that nothing hurts teams more than bad moves while good moves really seem to have no price tag in hindsight.

Take Prust for example, I don't think I made one post on us letting him go. How could you match that contract? 2.5m per? You know. Now I think we should have resigned him. It seems hard to ever be able to replace him. Fighting, PKing and he scored some goals playing with Boyle. The second we didn't want him, Slats just could have picked up the phone and dealt him for a 3rd rounder at least.

I just don't believe that you should give up something that works. Yes I think G can be a top 3 D on a SC team and Cally a core 2B RWer.

Hence I am not saying that we should write them a blanc one, but if it's a mil too much, a mil and a half, you know. Odds are that five guys making a mill too much is better than one bad acquisition. It wasn't long ago we paid Wolski 5 mill. Cally and G makes a lot of sense for us in a lot of ways.

-I don't get why people are afraid of long term deals. Hossa is signed untill he is 43. We are afraid of resigning players till they are 34. Bringing in like a new guy, like say a Statsny, to be our No 1 C for 7 y 7m, that scares me too. But we know what we have in G and Cally.

Take it easy with these valid points. Somebody is going to call you Glen Sather....

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Anything can happen. I'm not ashamed to say that. That's not a bad phrase, it's true! Look at the Flyers and Devils who both had runs to the finals in the past 5 years. With some more grit, a hot Lundqvist and a good power play the Rangers can beat anybody. That doesn't make me a Sather supporter for thinking that. Do I see your point on trading these players? Of course I do. I just think the timing is wrong. I think in a depressed free agent market the Rangers can still find value for Girardi and Callahan after the playoffs. Just saying that on this board makes me a Sather supporter.

No, just saying this snippet right here would have been you being someone adding to an already lively conversation. It was all the other extracurricular crap you posted that landed you in the Sather supporter section. All you had to do was post that paragraph in the first place rather than take cheap shots at other posters because they have a differing idea of what is best for this team going forward than yourself.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I was under the impression that Anaheim was getting scoring up and down the lineup.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I hope they tank. Not because I want them to, I actually don't.

I just want to see how all the people asking for it now react.

"Why are we so bad?
This is the worst team ever
We're worse than the Oilers
Wah wah
Go back to winning
Why did we trade our best players"

Also, it's impossible to tank with our goalies. 10-11 we had skaters good enough to draft RNH. Instead? Playoffs

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003

"Why are we so bad?
Wah wah
Go back to winning

Also, it's impossible to tank with our goalies. 10-11 we had skaters good enough to draft RNH. Instead? Playoffs

Exactly but certain posters root against the team and call themselves Ranger fans...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

"Why are we so bad?
Wah wah
Go back to winning

Dude, you do realize that the 10-11 team was the 11-12 team plus Sauer and minus Stralman and Richards. Granted that year Gabby sucked. But in 11-12 Dubi sucked and Staal was injured half the year. The 10-11 team was very similar to the 11-12 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad