Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Byfuglien's best position is right wing. He is a terrible defenseman. Winnipeg put the player back on the wing where he played in Chicago. The problem is the player getting paid like an elite D when he is really a winger. Right wing is his best spot.

yeah, you can put him wherever you like in the lineup...but for strictly PP...he could be a big addition...we all know BR is going to be gone next year...Who runs the PP then?

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
Cally" del zotto and hagelin, for Evander Kane, mark Stuart and Anthony Peluso...pipe dream but would be a great trade for us.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think Ladd helps this team all that much. He doesn't add a dimension we are really lacking.

I really disagree with this. Ladd is the legit top six LW that can park his butt in front of the net and create havoc. The team has been screaming for this kind of player for years.

Also adds another leader to the locker room, and plays the kind of game that translates well to the playoffs.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I agree with Fitzy. I'd be shocked if they traded Hagelin. Brooks is only a beat writer for this team. Just because he has these worldly ideas does not mean they are going to happen. Hagelin fits the mold of this team. The Rangers want to be a speedy team. You can see how they utilize that. They win puck races to get possession and go to work with shot after shot. Hagelin does that. He PKs. He will pick up his game.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
we need to trade for the player before he breaks out like ladd did in atlanta. we should be trading for someone like Chiasson.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
we need to trade for the player before he breaks out like ladd did in atlanta. we should be trading for someone like Chiasson.

Those kind of players are sparsely available. You really need to draft one or you are going to get pillaged trading for one.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I love Hagelin, but if we could get Ladd back for him, I do it 24/7. A top-6 wing corp of Kreider, Ladd, and Nash looks formidable both on talent and on size. Zuccs, too.

hagsfan924

Sep 1, 2011
I posted this yesterday on the post-game thread, I figured I'd throw it on here as well...

I saw a proprosed trade online moving a package built around DZ++ for Ryan O'reilly. We could put Dorsett in the deal to even out some $ if Colorado has any interest in him (now that Carcillo has fit well in the lineup).
O'Reilly could conceivably take Callahan's spot in the lineup. If we could then move Callahan for a young d-man and prospects/picks, that could improve our D, I'd like our chances. Our top 9 would be improved with O'Reilly. The D-man we could acquire for Callahan would hopefully be an improvement over DZ.
We'd lose Callahan's PK-ing, but Vigneault has been trying out other guys in that role as of late. Moore, Boyle, Zuc, Stepan, and Nash have all seen some time on the PK. Oh yeah and O'Reilly can thrive in that role.
Any moves made, would hopefully not involve us moving a 1st round pick. I think its important we hold onto that pick this year. I'd also like us to hold onto three prospects in particular-Miller, Kristo and Skjei. Beyond that, I would be open to other prospects in the deal for O'Reilly. Maybe Del Zotto, Dorsett, Nieves/Hrivik/Fast and a conditional pick (conditional that we re-sign him, but not a first) could get the deal done.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
It's possible the Rangers trade Callahan or Girardi AFTER the playoffs. Perhaps a team like Buffalo who would have no interest in Callahan NOW would have interest before free agency starts.

I know that doesn't help the instant gratification fans who want a deal before the deadline, but oh well.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I think thats a pretty bad trade for us. misuse of assets.

That's a great trade for us. WPG would never do it.

Cally is a UFA. Del Zotto's value is in the toilet. Hagelin is a good, complimentary 2nd/3rd tweeter with some nice attributes.

Callahan, Hagelin and a 2nd probably (almost definitely but Cally is well regarded, so if they think they can sign him, who knows) won't get you Kane alone. The other two pieces don't have nearly as much value as Kane, but considering DZ's value isn't so hot right now, I doubt WPG would touch this deal.

Mark Stuart is a pretty steady, tough bottom pair d-man who can play middle minutes. He's kind of like Stralman in that ideally he's just a bottom pair guy but he can do more. Much more reliable than DZ/Moore/Falk/Allen. We'd be stabilizing our defense with a real tough, physical vet blue liner and adding a top shelf physical power sniper who is still young and ENTERING his prime (would be a miracle!). It's a pretty good trade for us.

Peluso is just there because Orr Nighhtmare made the proposal. Guys a plug.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
It's possible the Rangers trade Callahan or Girardi AFTER the playoffs. Perhaps a team like Buffalo who would have no interest in Callahan NOW would have interest before free agency starts.

I know that doesn't help the instant gratification fans who want a deal before the deadline, but oh well.

But they're free agents......we'd get a 4th rounder at best back.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I posted this yesterday on the post-game thread, I figured I'd throw it on here as well...

I saw a proprosed trade online moving a package built around DZ++ for Ryan O'reilly. We could put Dorsett in the deal to even out some $ if Colorado has any interest in him (now that Carcillo has fit well in the lineup).
O'Reilly could conceivably take Callahan's spot in the lineup. If we could then move Callahan for a young d-man and prospects/picks, that could improve our D, I'd like our chances. Our top 9 would be improved with O'Reilly. The D-man we could acquire for Callahan would hopefully be an improvement over DZ.
We'd lose Callahan's PK-ing, but Vigneault has been trying out other guys in that role as of late. Moore, Boyle, Zuc, Stepan, and Nash have all seen some time on the PK. Oh yeah and O'Reilly can thrive in that role.
Any moves made, would hopefully not involve us moving a 1st round pick. I think its important we hold onto that pick this year. I'd also like us to hold onto three prospects in particular-Miller, Kristo and Skjei. Beyond that, I would be open to other prospects in the deal for O'Reilly. Maybe Del Zotto, Dorsett, Nieves/Hrivik/Fast and a conditional pick (conditional that we re-sign him, but not a first) could get the deal done.

Doubtful ROR is moved and he definitely seems to like it there. New coach and management since last year anyway so no animosity. Loves his teammates, clearly though. Great young team with a tight bond. ROR would also cost a lot more in a trade than people think. Since the MDZ/ROR discussion first came about (we would have had to add even then, realistically) all that has happened is ROR has become much more proven and his stock has risen considerably while MDZ has virtually grown question marks all over the place and has his stock plummet. ROR at this point would easily cost Staal and a considerable +. Any team wanting him would have to overpay big. I think they will try to keep Stastny as well, but I think he has a 50% chance of hitting free agency.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

Value prior to deadline/playoffs: Excellent, teams will overpay if they think it makes them a contender/favorite.

Value after season ends: Terrible, they can be had in free agency shortly and unless a team feels having their rights to negotiate early gets them a deal, there is no reason to give up anything, let alone anything of value for them. A late pick at best.

It's not about instant gratification, it's about maximizing value. They are worth nearly squat come June.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Value prior to deadline/playoffs: Excellent, teams will overpay if they think it makes them a contender/favorite.

Value after season ends: Terrible, they can be had in free agency shortly and unless a team feels having their rights to negotiate early gets them a deal, there is no reason to give up anything, let alone anything of value for them. A late pick at best.

It's not about instant gratification, it's about maximizing value. They are worth nearly squat come June.

Is that how value works? Wow, thanks for the education....:sarcasm:

The Rangers aren't trading Callahan or Girardi at the deadline. How do I know that? Because I live in the real world where teams don't make trades like that when the are in a position to make the playoffs...Can you find an example of team having a fire sale when they are in playoff position? I bet you can't....

It is about instant gratification. That's all it is. If the Rangers are out of it they should trade Girardi and Callahan but right now they aren't in that position. Are they? I know the new standings can be confusing so I'm serious when I ask, do you know how to read the new standings?

Think about a team structure and the players for a second.... They go to camp, they play games, they work hard, they get back into a playoff spot, and management trades two important players at the deadline for prospects and picks. This isn't NHL 14.

I never said the best value for the players would be after the playoffs. I said the Rangers can still make a trade after the playoffs. It's guys like you, the instant gratification, shiny new toy, fans that can't accept that. You need a trade, something to debate and talk about on the "boards" because that's more important to you then anything else. It's hysterical to read these threads. Fans who probably can't balance a checkbook telling everybody how a team should be run. :laugh:

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

The Rangers aren't trading Callahan or Girardi at the deadline. How do I know that? Because I live in the real world where teams don't make trades like that when the are in a position to make the playoffs...Can you find an example of team having a fire sale when they are in playoff position? I bet you can't....

It is about instant gratification. That's all it is. If the Rangers are out of it they should trade Girardi and Callahan but right now they aren't in that position. Are they? I know the new standings can be confusing so I'm serious when I ask, do you know how to read the new standings?

Think about a team structure and the players for a second.... They go to camp, they play games, they work hard, they get back into a playoff spot, and management trades two important players at the deadline for prospects and picks. This isn't NHL 14.

I never said the best value for the players would be after the playoffs. I said the Rangers can still make a trade after the playoffs. It's guys like you, the instant gratification, shiny new toy, fans that can't accept that. You need a trade, something to debate and talk about on the "boards" because that's more important to you then anything else. It's hysterical to read these threads. Fans who probably can't balance a checkbook telling everybody how a team should be run. :laugh:

Lol so this board wants to trade Callahan and/or Girardi to have something new to talk about? Uh huh.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

I don't know what the circumstances were back in '94 but the Rangers moved Gartner at the deadline.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Lol so this board wants to trade Callahan and/or Girardi to have something new to talk about? Uh huh.

Yes, that's exactly what it's about. It's about that feeling posters get when they see that "confirmed with a link" in red letters next to a trade. It's why the board goes crazy every July during free agency.

If the Rangers were in a position to not make playoffs I would be screaming that Girardi and Callahan should be traded. They aren't in that position though. Are they?

This trade talk is crazy. Unless the Rangers are trading Callahan and Girardi for players that can help out right away (and the laughable trade proposals don't reflect that) it's pointless to even talk about trading them.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Yes, that's exactly what it's about. It's about that feeling posters get when they see that "confirmed with a link" in red letters next to a trade. It's why the board goes crazy every July during free agency.

If the Rangers were in a position to not make playoffs I would be screaming that Girardi and Callahan should be traded. They aren't in that position though. Are they?

This trade talk is crazy. Unless the Rangers are trading Callahan and Girardi for players that can help out right away (and the laughable trade proposals don't reflect that) it's pointless to even talk about trading them.

They're in a position for a first round exit though :). Those are always fun.

Aren't you sick of them? Cause I know I am.

Seems your not though. It's fine, let's keep the mediocrity rolling, only 500 years till our next cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad