Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

rags waived Halpern they will be sorry. His faceoffs percentage will be needed come playoff time. Tortilla don't know how to use anyone anyway so whatevs. It's become more apparent than ever that Glen Sather hasn't a clue how to build a team, and the same goes for Tortilla in coaching.

Halpern hasn't won a must-win faceoff all season.

apice3*

Got it but truth must be told: Altruism is awesome but we're lacking a bit of legitimate selfishness out there.

I'd rather just tell Kovy or whoever to start shooting more rather than give up Fayne, our most selfish forward (Clarkson) and Josefson for a one dimensional player.

apice3*

He hasnt been on the ice for a must-win faceoff all season

He has been used in the defensive zone on the top line late in games a lot actually, like we tried with Steckel. The idea is to win the draw, move the puck, and flip him for Richards or Stepan. Problem is he loses that draw every time so he's pretty useless.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
He has been used in the defensive zone on the top line a lot late in games a lot actually, like we tried with Steckel. The idea is to win the draw, move the puck, and flip him for Richards or Stepan. Problem is he loses that draw every time so he's pretty useless.

I havent watched enough to know. I was just assuming seeing how the Rangers become a 2 line team come the 3rd period

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
we need more guys that dont pass the puck.

team is too pass happy most of the time, especially on the PP.

I'd love Kessel.

apice3*

I don't really understand why they waived him. He's not particularly good, but the Rangers biggest issue is depth and they just let a roster player go for no reason. Who's going to replace him?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't really understand why they waived him. He's not particularly good, but the Rangers biggest issue is depth and they just let a roster player go for no reason. Who's going to replace him?

Rags fans I know on Twitter are convinced that all of this is proof they are about to make a move. No idea what or who though and how it would help as they continue to get shallower.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He's worse than Taylor Hall, Patrick Kane, and Clarkson when it comes to not passing. It's really bad. And he leaves a lot to be desired defensively. All he is is a big body with a good shot. He's very far from a complete player.

And he doesn't use the big body at all. Those of you complaining that the team is soft will be complaining even more once you see Kessel.

Rangers were scouting Brassard iirc. Not sure if somehow related.

I really hope the Jackets aren't crazy enough to trade with them again.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
And he doesn't use the big body at all. Those of you complaining that the team is soft will be complaining even more once you see Kessel.

Okay when you look at the trade it isn't all that horrible...Jackets needed more depth instead of one star and thats what they got

Nash has 25 points in 26 games
Steven Delisle has played 4 games for the whales
a Conditional 3rd

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
lol this is turning into a Kessel argument, definitely not what I wanted to do. He was just an example of a scoring winger and nothing more.

IF Lou makes a big playoffs' move, a team like the Bills...err, The Sabres would make a better trading partner IMO. Vanek and PomPomville are 1 full season away from Free Agency and this team needs more cap flexibility and to rebuild.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Columbus actually has a GM that isn't a buffoon now though.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Columbus actually has a GM that isn't a buffoon now though.

Ain't that the truth.

Though this is his first stint as a GM. He's a scout guy, drafting Backes, Polak, Perron, Oshie, Berglund and Pietrangelo. So he obviously knows talent. However I can see him getting fleeced because of the general newness to the position.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Ain't that the truth.

Though this is his first stint as a GM. He's a scout guy, drafting Backes, Polak, Perron, Oshie, Berglund and Pietrangelo. So he obviously knows talent. However I can see him getting fleeced because of the general newness to the position.
Dude, if you don`t believe Davidson actually runs the business I don`t know what to tell you.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Lou never makes knee jerk trades. He didn't panic when Brodeur went down, he didn't panic when Martin went down, he didn't panic when Parise went down, and he won't panic if Kovy is out for an extended period either.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
If Kovy's hurt for an extended period you better believe Lou has to go after Iginla right?

Nope. I don't even think you sell. You hold the line and hope for the best. If we fall out of it, so be it. You take the higher draft pick and hit the offseason looking for a Top 6 winger and getting everybody healthy and in top shape.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
if Kovy is hurt for an extended period of time we're ****ed. we don't become absolute buyers whatsoever, because we arent winning anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad