Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He's not going to fourth line, I just don't think so. Question is who moves off the right side? Kovy?

Unless they break up the lines that did really good last game, he likely just plugs in right next to Barch/Kostopolous-Sestito for the time being.

The problem, to me, is we have no options unless Henrique moves off the LW from Loktionov and Kovalchuk, and if we do that, then who plays with them. Carter is the only realistic option. If we do that, then who plays 3LW and 4LW?

Carter-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Sestito-Zajac-D'Agostini
Barch-Gionta-Bernier

There really is nowhere for him to realistically play, at the moment, until Ponikarovski comes back to give us some flexibility on the LW side.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Please Lou. In a heartbeat (as long as it's in a package for a Top 6 forward). I

I appreciate Clarkson as a player. Love what he brings as far as his grit and his intangibles. I've enjoyed watching him grow as a Devil. However, he's a poor skater and a poor shooter. And I think if the Devils pay him anything more than $5 million (even that's a stretch) they are signing up for long term pain.

If any player can drastically regress during their prime that player is Clarky. You sign him to score 30 goals and he suddenly scores 10. That's the kind of guy I think Clarky is.

Spot on analysis... If we sign Clarkson to a long term deal worth anything over 4M$, we'll have yet another case of "the Volchenkov" on our hands.

We'll be stuck with a player that is not pulling his weight and is eating up a massive chunk of cap space/actual dollars.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm willing to bet that's not what the lines look like. More likely that someone plays out of position.

But I think Henrique definitely has to come off the first line, because the Devils are at 23 players right now. Sestito is pretty much the only guy who's likely to be sent down to make room for D'agostini, and that opens up a center spot.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Without Poni or Zubrus, probably...

Henrique-Lotki-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Bernier-Carter-D'ags
Barch-Gio-Kotsopoulos

Carter centered last season for a bit, wouldn't mind him doing it again.
That lineup looks a lot better once Poni and/or Zubrus are ready to go.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm willing to bet that's not what the lines look like. More likely that someone plays out of position.

But I think Henrique definitely has to come off the first line, because the Devils are at 23 players right now. Sestito is pretty much the only guy who's likely to be sent down to make room for D'agostini, and that opens up a center spot.

Pesonen was sent down today.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Without Poni or Zubrus, probably...

Henrique-Lotki-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Bernier-Carter-D'ags
Barch-Gio-Kotsopoulos

Carter centered last season for a bit, wouldn't mind him doing it again.
That lineup looks a lot better once Poni and/or Zubrus are ready to go.

Not bad, but I'd rather see Elias at center than Carter.

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Carter-Elias-Clarkson
Bernier-Zajac-D'Agostini
Barch-Gionta-Kostopolous

OR

Bernier-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Carter-Zajac-D'Agostini
Sestito/Barch-Gionta-Kostopolous

I like that better, probably would rather Sestito instead of Barch too. Some may not like him, but Sestito comes in, works his ass off, cycles, and plays sound hockey. That's all I want for a fourth liner when injuries strike.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
If option #1 is the case, I'd swap Carter and Bernier.

Carter excels in the bottom 6.
So does Bernier, but he has shown this season that he can keep up with Elias on his line.

Option #2, I don't think Bernier would last up top. Much like all the other wingers befor ehim.
I don't think you'll get a balanced 2nd or 3rd line like that until one of Poni or Zubrus is back.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Kessel knows how to score, but he doesn't know how to play defence worth a damn. I think he would really annoy me as a Devil, but if the price was right I'd take him. I'm not sure that price is right.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I don't know neither but my question was more about since we've got an extra of RWers now, would you be ok to move Clarkson + for a legit top 6 upgrade ?

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
i think pääjärvi is a good option and is most likely doable. Good frame, talent an young. He couldbe a top 6 player and I think we could be good trading partners.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Lol don't read too much into my proposal, I'm pretty sure that we would've to add a 1st to get Kessel. I just wanted to know whether you guys would agree to send Clarkson in a substantial package to land a top 6 forward. I said Kessel but that could be Vanek or other goal scoring winger.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
rags waived Halpern they will be sorry. His faceoffs percentage will be needed come playoff time. Tortilla don't know how to use anyone anyway so whatevs. It's become more apparent than ever that Glen Sather hasn't a clue how to build a team, and the same goes for Tortilla in coaching.

apice3*

He's worse than Taylor Hall, Patrick Kane, and Clarkson when it comes to not passing. It's really bad. And he leaves a lot to be desired defensively. All he is is a big body with a good shot. He's very far from a complete player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad