Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

larsson will end up being the player we hope, but he does have some issues atm. his slapshot is non existent. however, he has a perfect deflection shot hes getting better and better at which does make up for it. he still could use pp time AND a better slapshot, but that will come. his skating confuses me. its not that hes slow, but maybe because hes bigger he seems somewhat sloppy when hes in a hurry. i know im tall and skated much differently yet was still fast. maybe im just seeing things. also, his confidence seems to be either very low, or theyre telling him to always make the safe play and hes afraid to either disobey or to **** up and end up scratched. hes had so many chances to rush into the zone and make a play or trail the players entering the zone and be the drop pass receiver for a one timer or screenable wrist shot. only to dump it in with the safe play and return to his zone or to the bench for a shift. i really wish nieds or fetisov was mentoring him. but im content with stevens and to give him both time and the benefit of the doubt. im not worried about him, im just anxious to see him be the player we all know he has the ability to be. hell get there. just look at hedman. took him a couple years to find his groove.

I absolutely love this post.

I'm not throwing the towel regarding Larsson and the possibility of him being a #1 guy for us since he's still very young and has plenty of time to learn every single aspect of the game but I do have to say that I'm not all that excited at what I'm seeing atm.

You've touched about all the points that needs to be improved but yesterday was a glaring fact that he needs to get stronger on his skates (he fell about 5 times if not more), he needs to work on shot and I can't wait to see him gain a little confidence and utilise his body to his advantage when battling along the boards.

I think Adam will have a bright future but I'll hold off on the "he'll be our #1 guy for the next decade+" type of comment for now.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
It's ok, we have like 10 other D prospects and prospects are all bingo boards so someone should hit Bingo...right?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Do people still really believe this? Even after the Kovalchuk and Zidlicky trades?

Yeah it's still very believable. The Kovalchuk leak came from a bartender who had once in a lifetime information. The Zidlicky information came from another team (The Wild). It actually seemed like Lou put off trading for him as long as he could.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Yeah it's still very believable. The Kovalchuk leak came from a bartender who had once in a lifetime information. The Zidlicky information came from another team (The Wild). It actually seemed like Lou put off trading for him as long as he could.

Leak or no leak... wtf cares, seriously. Just upgrade our team and that's that. It'll get leaked whent the trade will get confirmed, so it's not like we have to make it a big secret so that no one has to know who we acquired.

I don't get that mentality and what I really don't get is that a trade can be cancelled because someone leaked something. I mean, are we really going to pass by a opportunity to make our team better cause of that?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
2 guys that were outspoken about leaving. did anyone have a line on kostopolous? barch? poni? loki?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Leak or no leak... wtf cares, seriously. Just upgrade our team and that's that. It'll get leaked whent the trade will get confirmed, so it's not like we have to make it a big secret so that no one has to know who we acquired.

I don't get that mentality and what I really don't get is that a trade can be cancelled because someone leaked something. I mean, are we really going to pass by a opportunity to make our team better cause of that?

The point is that the lower profile you keep a deal the better your chance of getting a good price on the player. If the Kovalchuk trade, for example, was more publicized by the media Atlanta likely fields a ton more offers from around the league, faces a ton more pressure to get "fair" value, and likely pushes for more from Lou.

The point of keeping deals close to the vest is to avoid media coverage: team isn't distracted by the media, media isn't criticizing the deal until AFTER it's made, GMs can't drive up the price...etc.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It's ok, we have like 10 other D prospects and prospects are all bingo boards so someone should hit Bingo...right?

5n0ubd.jpg

bingoo

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The point is that the lower profile you keep a deal the better your chance of getting a good price on the player. If the Kovalchuk trade, for example, was more publicized by the media Atlanta likely fields a ton more offers from around the league, faces a ton more pressure to get "fair" value, and likely pushes for more from Lou.

The point of keeping deals close to the vest is to avoid media coverage: team isn't distracted by the media, media isn't criticizing the deal until AFTER it's made, GMs can't drive up the price...etc.

As a Gm who's selling, it's in his best interest to leak **** left and right. If the other Gm doesn't like it, then he's the one passing on a opportunity to improve his club, not the other way around.

At the end of the day, the team who's selling will get a solid offers thrown their way and if you don't make the entire league aware of a player being on the market, you're basically screwing yourself out of a possible trade cause certain Gm's weren't even aware that player "x" was even on the market to begin with.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
As a Gm who's selling, it's in his best interest to leak **** left and right. If the other Gm doesn't like it, then he's the one passing on a opportunity to improve his club, not the other way around.

Sometimes the GM selling will leak information to the media. You weigh the risk and reward of doing that. Do you risk losing NJ as a possible suitor, banking on the chance that someone else will offer you more? What if you leak the information, NJ gets mad and withdraws, and no one comes anywhere near what NJ was initially offering? You have to assess things on a case by case basis as a GM.

It's a fraternity, built on establishing great relationships with your counterparts. I doubt you'd be able to keep a job for a long time by alienating or ************ Lou. He's been in the league for so long and has so many connections that if anyone can "blackball" a GM I bet it's Lou. It happens all the time in other sports, where a GM loses the respect of his peers, can't pull off moves, and ends up fired.

At the end of the day, the team who's selling will get a solid offers thrown their way and if you don't make the entire league aware of a player being on the market, you're basically screwing yourself out of a possible trade cause certain Gm's weren't even aware that player "x" was even on the market to begin with.

There's a difference between informing a team that a player is on the market and leaking New Jersey's exact offer. Especially if the players involved are NHL players. You "leak" the information to the media and suddenly cause the NJ media to ask the players and team questions that Lou clearly doesn't want being asked. It's a distraction. That's likely one of the main reasons why the policy exists.

Also it's a pain in the ass when you're trying to deal with someone and they're constantly putting you on the back-burner, shopping your offer against other offers around the league.

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007

I agree with your post, but, to be fair, that was probably a way for Fletcher to drive up the asking price.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I absolutely love this post.

I'm not throwing the towel regarding Larsson and the possibility of him being a #1 guy for us since he's still very young and has plenty of time to learn every single aspect of the game but I do have to say that I'm not all that excited at what I'm seeing atm.

You've touched about all the points that needs to be improved but yesterday was a glaring fact that he needs to get stronger on his skates (he fell about 5 times if not more)
, he needs to work on shot and I can't wait to see him gain a little confidence and utilise his body to his advantage when battling along the boards.

I think Adam will have a bright future but I'll hold off on the "he'll be our #1 guy for the next decade+" type of comment for now.

Larsson, Yayo, and Teddy should get together and do nothing but pack on weight in the offseason.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Larsson, Yayo, and Teddy should get together and do nothing but pack on weight in the offseason.

When a forward is coming down Larsson's wing with speed and he isn't in his full strides... he'll either get burnt by pure speed or fall down trying to turn around.

It's normal to get beat by speed but it happens a little too freaquently for my liking.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
When a forward is coming down Larsson's wing with speed and he isn't in his full strides... he'll either get burnt by pure speed or fall down trying to turn around.

It's normal to get beat by speed but it happens a little too freaquently for my liking.

That's true but that's also a sector of his game that he's really improving this season.

Two more years and you'll never Larsson get burned again.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
If true, I like it. But I base this solely off the fact that I'm good with him in NHL 13. Depends on what went the other way first.

I like D'agostini a lot. Would've liked him on the NYR. I'll guess Tallinder going the other way? He's been scratched lately right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad