Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Stafford would disappear for games, show up score a few, then disappear again. I don't think he is the solution. But if we could get him for cheap, why not?

i wouldnt count on getting him cheap.....

Burke points out that Regier is basically a "good guy," but the type of GM who Burke finds "unreasonable" and "unrealistic" when it comes to the putting a value on his own players. It gets to the point where Burke doesn't even want to "waste an hour going over rosters" with a GM like that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've heard that criticism about Regier before, doesn't surprise me that Burke said that.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
It's one thing to take yourself out of position in the offenseive zone where others are responsible for covering you. But when your in your own end, you cannot be so careless as he has been. I love Zids offense, love it, i just wish he would be less stupid in his own end. Some of his positional errors really apear fundamental to the position of defense - basics.

A guy like Suter, Bouwmeester, Neidermeyer, leetch(cringe), are guys who were offensive but still took care of business in their own end.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Source for that quote, please.

I don't have the source on hand but I vividly remember the article. It's legit.

He goes on to talk about how him and Regier are good friends personally, but professionally Burke can't stand to deal with him because of how much he overrates his own players and underrates the players on other teams.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's one thing to take yourself out of position in the offenseive zone where others are responsible for covering you. But when your in your own end, you cannot be so careless as he has been. I love Zids offense, love it, i just wish he would be less stupid in his own end. Some of his positional errors really apear fundamental to the position of defense - basics.

A guy like Suter, Bouwmeester, Neidermeyer, leetch(cringe), are guys who were offensive but still took care of business in their own end.

You think Leetch "took care of business in his own end"? Brian Leetch? The retired Boston Bruin player because Sather and the Rangers have no class? That guy?

lucscaps

Jun 20, 2005
guelph, ont

He goes on to talk about how him and Regier are good friends personally, but professionally Burke can't stand to deal with him because of how much he overrates his own players and underrates the players on other teams.

I read that article as well. I will back that it's legit.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
How long do we give Larsson to develop to full potential? Next year? The year after? I don't like what i see thus far. He plays a mans game like a girl.

makes me wonder why other teams passed him up last minute

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
You think Leetch "took care of business in his own end"? Brian Leetch? The retired Boston Bruin player because Sather and the Rangers have no class? That guy?

I used him specifically because I don't think he was as GOOD of a defender as he was touted, in fact i hated him, but he didn't take himself carelessly out of position in his own end. Again I'm using him as a comparison to what i would reasonably like to see Zidlicky get to. Don't make this about Leetch, stay on topic.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I used him specifically because I don't think he was as GOOD of a defender as he was touted, in fact i hated him, but he didn't take himself carelessly out of position in his own end. Again I'm using him as a comparison to what i would reasonably like to see Zidlicky get to. Don't make this about Leetch, stay on topic.

Zids could probably be effective in his own end, but you wouldn't get what you get from him offensively. When you take the risks Zidlicky does you will pay for it in the back. That's just the way it is.

If it was an issue for Pete, Zids wouldn't be playing. As we heard yesterday, he ENCOURAGES Zids to do this and said he is willing to accept the bad with the good that Zids brings when he takes risks.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How long do we give Larsson to develop to full potential? Next year? The year after? I don't like what i see thus far. He plays a mans game like a girl.

Next year? It's not unusual to see a defenseman take 3 or 4 NHL years before they develop and its not unusual to see a defenseman not hit his best years until his late 20's

All that being said, I don't like how Larsson is developing either. I think the organization made a major mistake bringing him in last season.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

He was as good in his own end as a crack ***** is at watching her children.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

I'm asking a question, what part of it make you unsure if I am serious?

I was referring to that statement. Adam for considerable stretches has been our best d-man, top to bottom, on the ice. He is 20 years old and carries himself like a 10 year vet. You're asking how long we give him to develop to his full potential? He is such an exceptional prospect that we have no idea WHAT his potential is. We could be waiting 7 or 8 years before he reaches his "full potential."

You're more than welcome to not like the way a guy plays. I don't like the way the Devils play, for example, but I don't deny how effective it has been for years. Are you denying that Larsson is effective?

Also the bolded part of your statement is ridiculous. Not only because I don't know what "playing a man's game like a girl" means, but because it's sexist and unnecessary. Point out what you don't like. Maybe we can learn something from each other.

Sinner Devil

Jun 13, 2012
Fort Worth, TX

About 2 months ago people were raging about how he was our best defenseman and him and green were our number 1 pair.

He's still fresh give him time to delevop he's still very inconsistent with his game.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Zids could probably be effective in his own end, but you wouldn't get what you get from him offensively. When you take the risks Zidlicky does you will pay for it in the back. That's just the way it is.

If it was an issue for Pete, Zids wouldn't be playing. As we heard yesterday, he ENCOURAGES Zids to do this and said he is willing to accept the bad with the good that Zids brings when he takes risks.

well i understand the attack part but I mean wen we get buckled down in our end he always goes to the corners without regard for how many people are already there and then sometime kovy has to come down and we get scored on. I've seen this play happen a few times already. So on the rush stuff is fine I get the risks, but when we're pinned in our own end, I personally think he should remain in front and let the footsie battle and other shinanigans play out. Frankly as you may have witnessed, we haven't won most of the corner battles.

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, okay. Very interesting.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
well i understand the attack part but I mean wen we get buckled down in our end he always goes to the corners without regard for how many people are already there and then sometime kovy has to come down and we get scored on. I've seen this play happen a few times already. So on the rush stuff is fine I get the risks, but when we're pinned in our own end, I personally think he should remain in front and let the footsie battle and other shinanigans play out. Frankly as you may have witnessed, we haven't won most of the corner battles.

I agree

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Next year? It's not unusual to see a defenseman take 3 or 4 NHL years before they develop and its not unusual to see a defenseman not hit his best years until his late 20's

All that being said, I don't like how Larsson is developing either. I think the organization made a major mistake bringing him in last season.

I think Larsson is developing most parts of his game well, but until he is better with his footwork the parts of the game that are developing are massively held back.

Hopefully he'll spend this offseason really just working on change of direction, stop and start, and transitioning to backwards skating and I think we'll see a big jump in his effectiveness.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
I was referring to that statement. Adam for considerable stretches has been our best d-man, top to bottom, on the ice. He is 20 years old and carries himself like a 10 year vet. You're asking how long we give him to develop to his full potential? He is such an exceptional prospect that we have no idea WHAT his potential is. We could be waiting 7 or 8 years before he reaches his "full potential."

You're more than welcome to not like the way a guy plays. I don't like the way the Devils play, for example, but I don't deny how effective it has been for years. Are you denying that Larsson is effective?

Also the bolded part of your statement is ridiculous. Not only because I don't know what "playing a man's game like a girl" means, but because it's sexist and unnecessary. Point out what you don't like. Maybe we can learn something from each other.

your right it was sexist and I apologize for any offense. What i mean is that I expect defensemen especially in professional hockey to play aggressive and assertive. I understand he's a finesse type guy, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to show a little more urgency and grit. It's not a slight on his skills that he plays soft, it's just an element of his game I would like to see him have. I would hope most defense men want to have elements of all styles.

I was definitely hoping he would bulk up in the off season and throw the body a little more, although i like his signature hip check at the blue line

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The fact that Larsson makes at least one or two noticeable mistakes a game isn't what bothers me (that's fixable at this point still), it's the fact he doesn't seem to have much speed or ability to get a shot through traffic. He got blown by on an empty-netter a while back that was alarming, and still gets beaten to the outside here and there. And people want him to play the PP, but every time I see him take a shot from the point towards the net it gets blocked and usually goes the other way on a breakout. Unless he misses the net intentionally trying to get a deflection.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
About 2 months ago people were raging about how he was our best defenseman and him and green were our number 1 pair.

He's still fresh give him time to delevop he's still very inconsistent with his game.

He's in his second year, what the hell do some people expect out of the kid? He's been great for how young he is. The only thing against him is his inconsistency but I can almost guarantee that will disappear over the next year or two. He will be, at least, a very solid two way defender. A Sami Salo lite :sarcasm:

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
which kind?

Ilia_probe.jpg

or

nomad-star-trek.jpg

or

kirk+rock.jpg

wait, that last one isn't a probe. N/M.

Do not want anything from Buffalo that isn't Vanek or Foligno.

:laugh::laugh: yeahhhh maybe not that last probe.

and i want no part of foligno solely for the reason that i dont want to listen to ****ing cangelosi say his name like a mogoloid ass**** moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad