Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Don't think Fayne is going anywhere especially w/ Harrold being a 31yo UFA next year.

He's the guy I'd say Lou is trying to move. PMD with a cheap cap hit / rental for a team looking for a guy like that. Fayne is apart of the D's future along with cast of characters we talk about everyday.

I think Buffalo is going to be a trade partner and I have nothing but pure gut feeling on his one... Stafford looks like the guy as well. Good seized RW who needs a change of scenery. Good points made that maybe being w/ Zajac they both can wake up (even though I think Travis has begun to).

Henrique-Loki-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Stafford
Poni-Zubs-Clarkson
CBGB

Ill ****in take it. This lineup can win a round in the playoffs

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why would Lou want to move a cheap money defenseman that's good enough for the role he should be filling? Moving Harrold still doesn't stop the merry-go round when Tallinder gets back since you're either scratching a high salaried d-man or Fayne/Larsson.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Why would Lou want to move a cheap money defenseman that's good enough for the role he should be filling? Moving Harrold still doesn't stop the merry-go round when Tallinder gets back since you're either scratching a high salaried d-man or Fayne/Larsson.

Because, in theory, you have

Salvy, Greene, Laarson, Gelinas (who everyone believe is ready) signed through next year with a considerable amount of money free.

Zids, Volch, Fayne, Harrold, Tallinder - pick 2 for the future and move the rest. This is assuming Urbom is a non-factor as well.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
Harrold doesn't have any kind of value to get us something significant. Not even in a package unless Tallinder or somebody else is part of that package.

I disagree. He's a quick PMD, which if anything the Zidlicky trade tells us, is valuable. Not claiming he is as good as Zids, but I think he holds a lot more value than you think. Could get a middle pick and an AHL depth guy. Or like you said if we throw Tallinder in the mix maybe a young winger.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I disagree. He's a quick PMD, which if anything the Zidlicky trade tells us, is valuable. Not claiming he is as good as Zids, but I think he holds a lot more value than you think. Could get a middle pick and an AHL depth guy. Or like you said if we throw Tallinder in the mix maybe a young winger.

PMD? Rafalski is a PMD. Harrold reminds me of a guy who thinks he can move the puck and defend but does both poorly.

And I like what I've seen from Harrold.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA

Salvy, Greene, Laarson, Gelinas (who everyone believe is ready) signed through next year with a considerable amount of money free.

Zids, Volch, Fayne, Harrold, Tallinder - pick 2 for the future and move the rest. This is assuming Urbom is a non-factor as well.

Good point / thanks for the backup. I think next year's d-corp will be the following:

Greene
Larsson
Salvy
Zidlicky (2-3 yr deal)
Volchenkov
Gelinas, Urbom, Fayne, & maybe even Merill (spelled right) gets a shot at that 6th spot.

Tallinder will be bought out if not traded

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Harrold and Zidlicky probably disappear after the year's over with anyway, unless Harrold comes back as the #7 again, since that's not a role you want being filled by a prospect or a player making a lot of money.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Good point / thanks for the backup. I think next year's d-corp will be the following:

Greene
Larsson
Salvy
Zidlicky (2-3 yr deal)
Volchenkov
Gelinas, Urbom, Fayne, & maybe even Merill (spelled right) gets a shot at that 6th spot.

Tallinder will be bought out if not traded

Geez how did I forget Merrill. We're really young, deep, and cheap defensively (Greene's deal aside). How many teams can project young D-Men of the caliber of a Gelinas, Fayne, Laarson and Merrill? That's pretty fantastic.

I agree with needing to dump Talli or Volch at this point. But our depth does make Fayne a little expendable.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
Why does everyone think Zidlicky is going somewhere next year as well?

It seems that he likes his role in NJ a lot. Especially with what he's gone through in Minnesota. If NJ gives him a fair 2-3 yr deal I don't see him leaving whatsoever.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I actually think our oppenents tonight would be fantastic trading partners. What would you think of Tallinder + a 3rd for someone like Jokinen or LaRose (or something around that framework)

I offered something similar on the Hurricanes board. They said we wouldn't want Jokinen...pretty sure that was an attempt to troll. (although I haven't watched a lot of Hurricanes games this year to be honest so maybe he has been an under-achiever and I didn't know it?)

Jokinen/LaRose-Loki-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Henrique
Poni-Zubs-Clarkson
CBGB

I like this.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I wouldn't give Zid anything more than a 1 year deal. If it were up to me I wouldn't even re-sign him, but for now he's the closest thing we have to a PMD.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
I still don't think Fayne is going anywhere especially with an aging Salvador. He is apart of the future.

And this is a pipe dream, but Lou buys out Tallinder & Salvador with the 2 new CBA buyouts! Opens up $6mil+ in cap room... Oh man I'd be a happy camper!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why does everyone think Zidlicky is going somewhere next year as well?

It seems that he likes his role in NJ a lot. Especially with what he's gone through in Minnesota. If NJ gives him a fair 2-3 yr deal I don't see him leaving whatsoever.

The Devils have Gelinas in line to take his PMD spot and they already have 'five' other vet defensemen on the roster plus Larsson. At some point the Devils are either going to have to cut the cord with the vets or the kids will be traded/stunted Ahonen-style.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't really wanna re sign Zidlicky unless we got rid of BOTH Tallinder and Volchenkov. We need to sign some forwards, and Zid will cost likely $2.5-$3 million a year. Maybe a little bit more even.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I still don't think Fayne is going anywhere especially with an aging Salvador. He is apart of the future.

And this is a pipe dream, but Lou buys out Tallinder & Salvador with the 2 new CBA buyouts! Oh man I'd be a happy camper!

I'd love for Lou to buy out Salvador. We could just trade Tallinder. Salvador has an awful contract and is far from performing like he did in the playoffs last year. I hated the contract signing then and I hate it even more now. If he plays all three years I'll be shocked. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be gone anytime soon solely because he's the captain. (Although I could be wrong - look at what happened to Langs.)

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just set your sights on buying out Volchenkov because Salvador won't be bought out. Barring a disastrous collapse. Tallinder could be traded probably if not for a later round pick.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
I know i said pipe dream, but it could be a reality... There is a lot of depth at D coming up and someone we don't often mention in Harry Young. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't he on the same team w/ Henrique, Loki, & Hall that won the Memorial cup in the OHL?

Right now 3G 7A in the ECHL, but is only 23.

Tallinder gets bought out. If we don't want him here, who wants to trade for him???

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I know i said pipe dream, but it could be a reality... There is a lot of depth at D coming up and someone we don't often mention in Harry Young. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't he on the same team w/ Henrique, Loki, & Hall that won the Memorial cup in the OHL?

Right now 3G 7A in the ECHL, but is only 23.

Young is mostly a LW now. At least he is when he does play in Albany.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tallinder gets bought out. If we don't want him here, who wants to trade for him???

The Isles will probably take him.:laugh: We've seen Lou will trade to the Isles too if it clears up space to make better signings like he did with Rolston. And since Tallinder doesn't have an absolutely brutal contract, we might not need to take back a Trent Hunter to buy out this time!

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Tbh I'd take stafford. We're a top 6 player away from a definite playoff lock. Love the Henrique-Lotki-Kovy line we just need one more player to have a nice second line. Elias-Zajac-Stafford could work. Then Poni-Zubie-Clarky and CBGB would be solid solid lines.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
harrold is one of those guys who i definitely think that style of game he plays is a better fit for the eastern conference. in the west he is prolly a borderline 3rd pairing guy but i would call him a solid 3rd pairing guy in the east (not saying i support him in over fayne). opposite for volch, he would be immensely better and more valuable to a team out west IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad