Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

apice3*

If I understand correctly, are we ripping Lou because Philly and LA made a trade?

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
People are actually down on Butler...? What? :amazed: Given his limited role I thought he was playing pretty good. He's a bottom 6 forward with a good shot. What more do you want from him?

And also, as pretty much every single poster here has already said, I'd love to get Weiss :handclap: Definitely hope Lou at least looks into that.

apice3*

People are actually down on Butler...? What? :amazed: Given his limited role I thought he was playing pretty good. He's a bottom 6 forward with a good shot. What more do you want from him?

Honest answer - points. He's supposed to be an offensive player, but he's been kept off the score sheet in 11 of his 12 games.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How much would come off with Tally? Isn't he like 3-4 million?

Also if we got Big Gio back, could we call him Big Gio since we have decided to stop calling Gio, Lil Gio? Would it now be Old Gio and New Gio?

Big Gio, and little Gio!

Yeah that would be good though. Tallinder is $3.375 million or something. Only a little over $1.6 million to add if we got Gio. Gio is not a horrible contract for them, but it's not the most ideal at this point. Tallinder is a bad contract, but I'd rather have a bad contract at forward then at defense right now With the 8 defensemen thing.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Honest answer - points. He's supposed to be an offensive player, but he's been kept off the score sheet in 11 of his 12 games.

Josefson syndrome. He's bounced around the lineup and gotten only limited minutes with skilled players. There's not a lot of familiarity with the lines right now which I suspect isn't helping the breakout and the D-zone coverage.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
butler does suck. hes a reclamation project and so far hasnt reclaimed anything. hes got the tools but so far, meh. he does have a good shot though. wish it would find the back of the net more often.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I think if Butler consistently had quality linemates (ala Clarkson) he could put up respectable numbers. But like Josefson and Tedenby, they're bounced around the lineup, put with scrubs, given limited minutes, and one mistake leads to their demotion or cut in ice time.

Semak

I think if Butler consistently had quality linemates (ala Clarkson) he could put up respectable numbers. But like Josefson and Tedenby, they're bounced around the lineup, put with scrubs, given limited minutes, and one mistake leads to their demotion or cut in ice time.

I agree with this. Also, with the whole team slumping, of course the lack of scoring from the secondary scorers like Butler is augmented. That said, he has only scored in one game.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Like how Lokti had quality linemates and ended up... o wait.

Have to earn your roles and Lokti did it when there were only 4 spots for him on the roster.

The issue with Butler is that he gets pushed out of a shift when Kovy doesn't come off. That is a real killer, but the kid has to start generating more 2ndary scoring or he'll probably be doing the shuffle with josefson.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
It's getting to me - I had a dream we made a trade for someone, but I can't remember who. All I can remember of the dream was I opened up HF and there was the read CONFIRMED WITH LINK:; but it wasn't a superstar and it wasn't someone with a good faceoff % so I can only deduce it was a 2nd or 3rd line center? The other team was more excited to get rid of him than some of us were to get him but then the other half of the board was ecstatic so it was pretty damn realistic lol.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
It's getting to me - I had a dream we made a trade for someone, but I can't remember who. All I can remember of the dream was I opened up HF and there was the read CONFIRMED WITH LINK:; but it wasn't a superstar and it wasn't someone with a good faceoff % so I can only deduce it was a 2nd or 3rd line center? The other team was more excited to get rid of him than some of us were to get him but then the other half of the board was ecstatic so it was pretty damn realistic lol.

Who is Derick Brassard?

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Who is Weiss.

I'm still on the fence about getting him and what assets we would have to lose to make it happen,

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH

Dont you love when this offensive player gets to play 4th line minutes with 4th line players? Kid hasnt been given a real shot to put up points, besides that fact he has looked solid in almost every game.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
You mean like Loktionov?

While Loktionov has been great, sample size.... He has scored points in 3 games, will that last over the next 20 if he were to be on the 4th line? Look at his goal against Washington, he scored it because of his position not raw talent, he won the faceoff and went for the rebound. Butler isnt going to score that goal because positionally he shouldnt be where the puck went. Is that Butler's fault?

Should Butler being scoring more? Sure. Is he going to do be able to score consistently on the 4th line? No, and I dont understand how you can be down on him for that fact. Let him play a few games on Kovys wing or the 3rd line and see if he can score, then make a judgement.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
This is a real long stretch, but what would it take to get Carlson from the Caps? They're playing well as of late, but if they go to back to sucking I could maybe see them selling. Would be nice to bring a Jersey boy over here.

Merrill, Urbom/Gelinas, 2nd/3rd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad