Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

apice3*

I just don't think Weiss, as a rental, is worth 2 prospects and a pick.

Poni was worth one pick each time we traded for him. We gave up Arnott for a roster player + pick. I can see us giving up like Tedenby + 3rd or something. I don't see us including a third asset.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
I just don't think Weiss, as a rental, is worth 2 prospects and a pick.

Poni was worth one pick each time we traded for him. We gave up Arnott for a roster player + pick. I can see us giving up like Tedenby + 3rd or something. I don't see us including a third asset.

agree with u.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wow. For only a CONDITIONAL 4th round pick.

Kings could have gotten more for sure, but, he's not the same player from even a few seasons ago.

Philly has brought back two other former players this season and they are not working out to well, Fedetenko & Knuble.

Kings don't deal him for nothing unless they really know he's basically washed up.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Tedenby and a 3rd won't get you anything.

Rental or not, veteran players fetch decent returns just about every year.

Urbom and a pick would be much more likely. Weiss is more valued than Poni.

Oroku Saki*

Gagne is not the player he used to be. I'd do that deal though. A 4th is nothing.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
weiss, also at this point with the deebo connection and style he plays...plus the number hed be inheriting, is the best option. butler sucks and should either be in the minors or elsewhere. maybe hell like florida along with tallinder. because thats all id offer for a pending ufa thats in chateau bowwow.

this.

I don't want Gagne. We should always be building for the future unless the piece we are getting is the proverbial 'last' piece of the puzzle. Weiss has a future. Gagne does not.

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
this.

I don't want Gagne. We should always be building for the future unless the piece we are getting is the proverbial 'last' piece of the puzzle. Weiss has a future. Gagne does not.

You guys are literally negative on EVERYONE. Now Butler sucks? We are attacking a fourth line winger who we know can score? cmon this is getting bad I like Butler and yes our dmen need some work but you people (not guy I quoted) really thought Gagne would be the answer?

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
You guys are literally negative on EVERYONE. Now Butler sucks? We are attacking a fourth line winger who we know can score? cmon this is getting bad I like Butler and yes our dmen need some work but you people (not guy I quoted) really thought Gagne would be the answer?

Allow me to be the welcoming committee for Team Unwavering Optimism around here.
We're sorely lacking in members right now :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I don't get the Butler hate. I am not sure he is the answer for a playoff roster, but he definitely doesn't suck and I wouldn't rush to replace him with Gagne.

I do want Weiss though.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Butler does in fact suck.

you have pictures, or?

right now:
1. Kovy is playing ridiculous minutes. Pete needs to fix that.
2. They don't have any one line going, since losing Carter, and the Elias/Clarkson line going in the tank.
3. The D (pick any of them) is getting caught in no man's land on a regular basis.
4. They are giving up too many penalties, and the PK isn't bailing them out.

All of the above is correctable. I really don't think Matteau or Barch or Butler or Josefsson is the problem - especially if they only get on the ice for two minutes a game.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's not even that we're taking too many penalties anymore. Some games we're taking 3 minors a game (Which can't be above average) and we're giving up 2 goals on 3 tries for the opposite team.

When we were taking too many penalties we were actually killing them off for the most part.

There were only 2 minor penalties last game, and we only killed one.

I'm pretty sure there were only 3 each in both Washington games. We wound up killing just 1 in each game.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
this.

Do you really care whether Gagné has a future or not ? He was a just rental player that still might get top 6 minutes atm. IMO that's worth a conditional 4th rounder.

I'm ok with Peter moving Henrique to fill that giant hole at wing but Loktionov is going to face a pretty tough job on the 1st line now. That's great to see Andrei there but I will keep my fingers crossed that move doesn't backfire.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Do you really care whether Gagné has a future or not ? He was a just rental player that still might get top 6 minutes atm. IMO that's worth a conditional 4th rounder.

I'm ok with Peter moving Henrique to fill that giant hole at wing but Loktionov is going to face a pretty tough job on the 1st line now. That's great to see Andrei there but I will keep my fingers crossed that move doesn't backfire.

conditional 4th rounder (may become a 3rd rounder if Philly makes playoffs) is not alot to pay for Gagne - that's for sure. If people were talking about dealing JJ or Urbom or Volch then I don't think it is at all worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad