Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Yeah, because Lombardi with Stevens and Hextall behind his back would rather trade him to NJ and Gagne would be jumping of joy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yeah, because Lombardi with Stevens and Hextall behind his back would rather trade him to NJ and Gagne would be jumping of joy.

They traded us Loktionov, who may end up being a better acquisition than Gagne.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If I read it right it turns to a 3rd rounder if they make playoffs. Not a given for them, but maybe a 3rd was too much for Lou?

Considering how thin our draft picks are right now with us having to give up our first sometime soon and I don't think you really get much for Gagne ya Lou must of figured a 3rd was to much, or he never bothered to ask.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou might be able to get something better for a 3rd round pick.

Let's face it we're gonna have to give up a 2nd or 3rd anyway if we want something decent. We could probably do better than Gagne if we throw in Tallinder, and Urbom.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
We may have. Was it supposed to be for 2013? Or 2012? Anybody who can confirm this?

2013 3rd went in the Zidlicky deal. At the moment, this is what we have for the upcoming two drafts (*being the eventual forfeited pick):

2013: 1st*, 2nd, 4th, 6th [3rd = Zidlicky, 5th = Loktionov, 7th = Ponikarovsky]
2014: 1st*, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th [4th = Ponikarovsky]

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I, too, am confident that if Lou has the right deal in place, he'll readily pull the trigger.

Weiss posted his career-highs in goals, assists and points under DeBoer. It'd be great to see if PDB could rekindle that production if Weiss made his way to NJ.

Agreed. I want to give Weiss a shot here. With the Panthers being down on him, the price might be reasonable. We'll see if Lou can get something done.

since the kings keep making moves, wonder if theyd be willing to part with voynov. oh yessss.

I doubt it. Voynov looks to already be a pretty big core piece for them, they won't move him.

And I don't know why anybody is complaining that Lou wasn't able to get Gagne. First of all, Gagne has such history with the Flyers that I'm sure that was his first choice. Second, he's fairly close to being washed up. Aside from his usual traditional goal against Marty, I don't expect him to do much for the Flyers.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
2013 3rd went in the Zidlicky deal. At the moment, this is what we have for the upcoming two drafts (*being the eventual forfeited pick):

2013: 1st*, 2nd, 4th, 6th [3rd = Zidlicky, 5th = Loktionov, 7th = Ponikarovsky]
2014: 1st*, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th [4th = Ponikarovsky]

didnt we lose our second? it was conditional i thought

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Gionta had just this year left he would be a great trade. He's signed through next year though, and we have bigger priorities than his $5 million on our cap next year.

Gionta-Henrique-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Gionta

Elias-Henrique-Gionta

All good line combos for us.

Semak

If Gionta had just this year left he would be a great trade. He's signed through next year though, and we have bigger priorities than his $5 million on our cap next year.

Gionta-Henrique-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Gionta

Elias-Henrique-Gionta

All good line combos for us.

Which one is Big G and which one is little G? :D

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Which one is Big G and which one is little G? :D

They're all big G!:nod:

Them dealing Cole makes me think they might be willing to deal him, but they got a solid forward back for Cole though. They won't be getting a solid forward from us.

Semak

They're all big G!:nod:

Them dealing Cole makes me think they might be willing to deal him, but they got a solid forward back for Cole though. They won't be getting a solid forward from us.

Plenty of semi-solid Dman. Good for digestion.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Plenty of semi-solid Dman. Good for digestion.

I'd do it for Tallinder, Urbom, and a 4th.

Though I'm hesitant with the cap going down to $64 million. We could probably get someone better who's taking up $5 million for next year. And re signing Clarkson, Henrique will get a raise too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd do it for Tallinder, Urbom, and a 4th.

Though I'm hesitant with the cap going down to $64 million. We could probably get someone better who's taking up $5 million for next year. And re signing Clarkson, Henrique will get a raise too.

How much would come off with Tally? Isn't he like 3-4 million?

Also if we got Big Gio back, could we call him Big Gio since we have decided to stop calling Gio, Lil Gio? Would it now be Old Gio and New Gio?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad