Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
I definitely believe a team would pick up Volch off of waivers. He is an above-average third pairing defenseman and a slightly below average (if not average) second pairing D man.

I think Tallinder can be moved as well. Lou might have to bite the bullet and give up a late pick or a lesser prospect but it can be done.

If this is the case why are we so desperate to trade/release him?

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
We may be doesn't mean the team's management is.

I know he is making some mistakes but they seem to be uncharacteristic I don't remember them happening before I still like him and think he can turn this around what noone realizes is the short season/no training camp is hurting defensive players more than any position they won't get their legs this season so we should quit on them for the next two years?

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
You don't recall Volch being slow-ish and being terrible with the puck at all zones of the ice?

Or Tallinder making bad plays leading to grade A chances in his own zone more frequent than not?

I would consider those to be characteristics of them since we got them. The issue is mainly that they are making over 7M now to be mediocre.

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
I, too, am confident that if Lou has the right deal in place, he'll readily pull the trigger.

Weiss posted his career-highs in goals, assists and points under DeBoer. It'd be great to see if PDB could rekindle that production if Weiss made his way to NJ.

Is this an actual rumor or just something we were hoping for?

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
I feel like the value of Volch or Tally is so low that we would be only receiving minor picks in return. Or someone else's mediocre cancer/fighter that they can't find a use for.

apice3*

Is this an actual rumor or just something we were hoping for?

Well Weiss and Dineen aren't seeing eye-to-eye right now, Weiss is a UFA-to-be, and he would be a great fit on the Devils. Plus he was successful under DeBoer and we've brought in a couple players from Florida to succeed here in Carter and Bernier. This board has speculated bringing him in for like 3 years now.

The only issue with it would be an abundance of roster players:

2 Goalies
8 D-men
Kovy, Henrique, Zubrus, Clarkson, Zajac, Elias, Poni, Loki, Carter, Gionta, Bernier, Matteau, Butler, Barch = 14 (healthy) forwards + Josefson + Weiss.

That's 26 roster players, unless we trade a body to Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
We could probably get him for a decent price without a few of a bidding war since he has a NTC. If he actually wants to play with Deboer again, that will definitely help.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Everything is this thread is basically just a wish list or people trying to put 2 and 2 together.

We never get a whiff of anything substantial until like 20 minutes before something actually happens.

We could probably get him for a decent price without a few of a bidding war since he has a NTC. If he actually wants to play with Deboer again, that will definitely help.

It's a NMC, not a NTC. Still gives him a bit of leverage in where he ends up, though. And if he truly did like playing for DeBoer, then that swings in our favor, definitely.

apice3*

NMC's are overrated, but if Weiss were to exercise it, I doubt he'd use it to void a trade to us. It's a good fit for both sides, plus Weiss gets out of Florida and can sign wherever he wants in July anyway.

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
Everything is this thread is basically just a wish list or people trying to put 2 and 2 together.

We never get a whiff of anything substantial until like 20 minutes before something actually happens.

It's a NMC, not a NTC. Still gives him a bit of leverage in where he ends up, though. And if he truly did like playing for DeBoer, then that swings in our favor, definitely.

seriously the devils are no joke in never letting the cat out of the bag

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

The closer we get to the deadline, the more competitive the bidding war will be, the more we'll have to give up, the lower out chances of getting him.

Wait for the Panthers to lose a couple more games, then Lou should swoop in with an offer.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

You have more leverage under a NMC than a NTC.

- If a player waives his NTC clause that means he's ok to be basically traded anywhere

- A NMC means the team can't trade, waive or send down a player without his approval.

So if Weiss really wants to play for Deboer again and that's true the Panthers want to trade him, He will soon.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
- If a player waives his NTC clause that means he's ok to be basically traded anywhere

If you're going to correct people, you better be prepared for others to do the same.

You're technically wrong about this. It depends on what kind of NTC the contract states. Some players have NTC were they have to specify a handful of teams they're okay to trade to, some players have 3 teams they won't go to, etc. There are many variations of the NTC.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If you're going to correct people, you better be prepared for others to do the same.

You're technically wrong about this. It depends on what kind of NTC the contract states. Some players have NTC were they have to specify a handful of teams they're okay to trade to, some players have 3 teams they won't go to, etc. There are many variations of the NTC.

Yes and it's called a NMC. Example: Rick Nash to the Rangers

And I was kidding with Manila, she's a poster I really respect. Don't get me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad