Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

apice3*

I think the Kovy rental deal spoiled everyone trade aspirations.

I still think the better, and more likely option over Kulemin is Weiss.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Well neither of those guys are anywhere near the player Kovy is. Though I agree, and still think we don't have the pieces really.

With the way Tallinder looked recently, and the fact he has a year remaining on a bad contract I don't think anyone is jumping for him.

apice3*

Teams might not want to give us a roster player for Tallinder, but we can definitely flip him for a draft pick and use that pick in a package to get a forward.

Lou knows how the league operates.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I agree, with the problems him and the organization are having plus Florida sucking wind in shouldn't take a ton to pry him out of there. Just depends who else is in on him though.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Teams might not want to give us a roster player for Tallinder, but we can definitely flip him for a draft pick and use that pick in a package to get a forward.

Lou knows how the league operates.

We may be able to flip him for a pick. We should be able to, I don't see why not.

I would be open to trading Fayne if the return is good, but then we run into problems. Tallinder will be in the lineup every night. Tallinder will also be in the lineup next season likely.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He is. But he carries a high salary and on this team, he's not really a fit, unless you assume that both Elias and Henrique need to play at wing.

It wouldn't bother me if either or both of them did. We know they can both play any forward position capably. That said, I don't see them shifting positions to make room for Grabovski.

Question :

May someone remind me why would Toronto trade Kulemin ? He'd probably be my first reasonable choice for a trade. But why Toronto would do this, they're a playoffs contender.

Wait a while. It happens every year.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Toronto same **** different year. If the season ended in 48 games last year they would have made the playoffs. I think they would have came in 7, and we finish 8th.

They could make the playoffs this year with just 48. If it was 82 I'd be saying for sure they're gonna collapse. That and after all the talk of trading for Luongo, James ****in Reimer has like a 930 save percentage!:amazed: And Ben Scrivens comes in and gets 2 shutouts in a row.

By the way Ben Scrivens looks like Scott Weiland.

M-B-30

Jul 17, 2004
I would love Cammy if the flames would chose to trade him near the deadline!

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Where are you going to get a legit scoring threat?

i dont pretend to know who, or where from. i just dont want more of the same. lous gonna have to work his magic. and he shouldve had a contingency plan. if kulemin is all that can be done, then i guess its gonna have to do.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Been talking about adding a top 6 fwd all year and we've brought in Butler, Poni, and Loktionov...to me, defense still wins and while we have depth, I'd argue that it is our weakest link right now. I'd be looking to add a solid top 4 guy that play the PK and is fairly mobile. If that means moving Tallinder and Tedenby to do so, I'm all in or Fayne and Tedenby for a solid veteran not older than 30 on a reasonable contract and signed for 2 more years.

Our offense will find a way once guys like Henrique start chipping in but we need to find a way to improve on the PK and not be orange cones in our own zone (Sal, A Train, Zidlicky)

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm thinking Havlat might get bought out by the Sharks. I looked at their roster on capgeek, and he might be one of their worst contracts. He only has 2 years left after this.

I wouldn't want him on the contract he has now, but he would be nice if he gets bought out. He'd be on a much cheaper contract.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm thinking Havlat might get bought out by the Sharks. I looked at their roster on capgeek, and he might be one of their worst contracts. He only has 2 years left after this.

I wouldn't want him on the contract he has now, but he would be nice if he gets bought out. He'd be on a much cheaper contract.

I doubt it, I heard an interview with their GM Wilson a while back after the Gomez signing and he took pride in the fact the Sharks had never bought a player out (and didn't hand out super long-term deals).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
HF Answer:

Who cares about Toronto's needs... we want Kulemin, period, so they'll have to ship him over regardless of their seeding in the standings.

No it's because people (see above) assume it's only a matter of time before they collapse in time for the deadline. Or they don't realize the Leafs are in playoff position now lol.

Their goaltending questions aside, Burkie did steadily get more talent there the last few years.

someone explain the kulemin love because I don't get it.

I don't get it either really. He's always been just a guy. Someone you plug on a top six line if you have nobody else.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I doubt it, I heard an interview with their GM Wilson a while back after the Gomez signing and he took pride in the fact the Sharks had never bought a player out (and didn't hand out super long-term deals).

They're close to the ceiling. I'm thinking they won't re sign Clowe. Other than him there aren't really any significant contracts expiring.

Between us I actually know an employee in the Sharks organization. Won't give their name or what they do for confidentiality purposes. He thinks Wilson's job is in jeopardy if they continue this slide, and produce no results this season. After their two straight conference finals appearances with back to back eliminations, and their performance last year he's under a lot of pressure.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They get their money regardless, but it's paid out over I don't know how long exactly.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
That I did not know. So say Volchie gets bought out, he still get the 12+ that's owed? Ouch. Big ouch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That I did not know. So say Volchie gets bought out, he still get the 12+ that's owed? Ouch. Big ouch.

That's one thing people don't care about or forget when they keep crying buyout on long-term deals like Volch...it's easy enough to say when it ain't our money :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sounds like a good fit then.

Kulemin has two goals this season in twenty games. He had seven goals last season in seventy games. He somehow had one fluke thirty-goal season two years ago but other than that his highs in goals and points really aren't that impressive...you could get similar production from Poni/Zubrus on a top line, with other intangibles besides. I don't really know that Kulemin brings those kinds of intangibles.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Don't you have to put a player on waivers before you buy him out?

His contract isn't a total monstrosity (such as Redden or Gomez) and his play hasn't taken a total nosedive to the point of playing his way out of the NHL.

If Volch was put on waivers, I'd bet he gets picked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad