Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Hahaha...maybe if he wasn't on the isles he wouldn't suck so bad..idk I'm just think of guys with talent who are underachieving and would be cheap.

I would also like to add Okposo. Playing in a black hole your entire career will eventually get to you.

Chris Stewart is another player I'd love to have on our team but I don't see the Blues moving him any time soon.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
okposo sucks. u dont want him. if he ever gets traded here, and sucks like he eventually will, remember me. and the alamo.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I'd move Merrill before I'd move Gelinas. Eric is averaging a point every other game at the AHL level and had a fantastic rookie year wich saw him score 16 goals.

When's the last time one of our d-men scored 16 goals... honestly, I don't even remember.

He's generating more shots per game than his rather successful last year as well, but has been hampered by a significantly lower shooting percentage. Still putting up points at a similar clip, so some of those shots are going for helpers, but yeah, I'm excited for what this kid can become.

Couple that with size and smooth skating and the odd reference to him having an occasional physical edge to his game and I'd like to give Geli every opportunity to bring his game to the Rock.

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
it seems like every skill player we have gets this excuse. If JJ had skill players he would succeed. If tedenby had skill players he would succeed. If butler had skills players he would succeed. Well im sorry but when you put two or more of these "would be's" together, they should do something. If they cant, maybe one of them can be to blame, but you cant give both of them the excuse. Loktionov started on the 4th line and moved up to 1st line in like 3 games.

Butler earned his way on the PP whats the difference

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Every time I watch Albany's box score it seems like Gelinas has 4-5 shots. That's a lot of shots per game for a defenseman.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It would be awesome if we could put him on a PP line with Zidlicki and then we can have Kovi play forward

That would be awesome. I still have yet To see Gelinas play in a game, I've seen him in practice..I really hope he turns out to be good we haven't had a defenseman with a cannon that could actually play hockey in a long time.

Oroku Saki*

If Florida wanted Urbom that would obviously be better but I still wouldn't hesitate trading Gelinas for a top-6 forward that we need right now.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Florida wanted Urbom that would obviously be better but I still wouldn't hesitate trading Gelinas for a top-6 forward that we need right now.

I don't think I wanna trade Gelinas for a rental. Now Urbom, and Burlon both they can have them. Urbom, Burlon, Tallinder, and a 4th.

Oroku Saki*

A Gelinas - Gudbranson pairing would be scary as all hell. Two big boys.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd rather have a bad forward contract right now then a bad defenseman contract.

I'm not talking BRUTAL contract or anything. Tallinder's contract is bad, but not brutal if he can regain his form from before the last set of games he played. Brian Gionta's contract is bad, but not brutal. If we got rid of Tallinder I can justify having Gio's contract on our payroll next year. Considering Tallinder would be on our cap payroll next year unless he's traded or bought out.

That's a difference of roughly $1.6 million, and Colin White's buyout hit will be off next year.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen
Look for the Carolina Hurricanes to trade for a veteran defenseman over the next few days.

gotta get your name into the hat of possible partners lou

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007
I'd take Jokinen or Tlusty for Tallinder. Rutherford would probably prefer to trade Jokinen though since he needs to balance out the salary.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It all makes sense. Lou didnt wanna trade this years 4th sooo he could use it to take Anthony Brodeur :sarcasm:

Start a dynasty in net, and continue the trend of holding our players families hostage. How many Zajacs do we have again? :laugh:

They we just have to trade for Brian and we have all the Gios too. Lou likes to have the whole set.

apice3*

god forbid lou trades merrill and he becomes an elite dman. This board would want him gone despite pushing him in a trade proposal anyway.

Merrill should not be moved. I truly believe that anyone who wants to move him has never seen him play. If the kid keeps his head on straight, he is going to be a star.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
god forbid lou trades merrill and he becomes an elite dman. This board would want him gone despite pushing him in a trade proposal anyway.

Merrill should not be moved. I truly believe that anyone who wants to move him has never seen him play. If the kid keeps his head on straight, he is going to be a star.

He's the last person I want moved. Urbom though? Meh who cares? Urbom's pretty expendable when we'll have Merrill with Larsson before long. Also hopefully Greene, and Fayne for a while. Then Gelinas, and who knows who else.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Didn't you say you've seen Merrill play like 5 times? Against people who have seen him anywhere from 6 to 18 times I don't know if you should go around throwing that claim considering 5 viewings is such a hefting scouting :facepalm:

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
jokinen is waaaay too streaky. do not want. tlusty would be a better idea, but i dont think theyd wanna move him.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey

What is there to see? He lost a lot of ice time to the new golden boy Trouba, he had a slow start coming back from an injury...He's 21 and still playing NCAA hockey.

Watch him all you want, but it's hard to have any kind of scouting report given how terrible and sloppy that team is. Even he looks disinterested when he's out there.

Going back for another year was definitely a mistake. He could be getting more ice time/games at a higher level and getting used to the pro schedule right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad