Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
”show me a good goalie and I will show you a good coach”. It’s time the sens acquire a saros,Gibson orDemko..

Reactions: Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Not his
Fault man he might not have a second so he has to up the puck

I think telling the fanbase you paid more then the asking price is important / you lie about your AHL coach being fired but you tell the truth about your bad trades. Makes sense long term - keep ‘Em guessing so they don’t believe anything you say, so when you don’t make the playoffs and fall flat on your face you act like that was the plan all along.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
out of all the players i see listed they would make such a paltry impact compared to Karlsson and how he is playing right now.

he is a an undisputable all time great, greater than Alfredsson, Chara, Hossa. To add a player like that to this current roster with minimal pain is an incredible opportunity.
Saying Karlsson is greater than Chara is a bit of a stretch unless you are focussing solely on their time as Sens, in which case Alfie was a greater Sens player.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Saying Karlsson is greater than Chara is a bit of a stretch unless you are focussing solely on their time as Sens, in which case Alfie was a greater Sens player.
Karlsson falls in that category of the most skilled, arguably the best single seasons, definitely offensively, but his accomplishments don't equal Alfie or Chara.

If he goes to a contender, keeps up this performance, gets his 1000 points, another Norris, etc., then he'll be there with them. And shut up everyone that hated on him for not gifting Melnyk a discount.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Karlsson falls in that category of the most skilled, arguably the best single seasons, definitely offensively, but his accomplishments don't equal Alfie or Chara.

If he goes to a contender, keeps up this performance, gets his 1000 points, another Norris, etc., then he'll be there with them. And shut up everyone that hated on him for not gifting Melnyk a discount.
Well, there's a decent chance he gets a third Norris this year. That pretty much guarantees a HHoF induction of it isn't already guaranteed regardless of what he does going forward.

If he keeps up his pace this year, he'll be one of only a handful of Dmen to hit 100 pts, and alone with Orr as the only ones to do it on a team with no other 100pts player (Esposito had 99, Meier is on pace for 77). I could be wrong, but I think he'd also be the only Dman aside from Orr to lead the league in ES pts too.

In terms of personal accomplishments, he's right up there with some greats. If he adds some team success all bets are off (hard not to wonder what his legacy would already look like had we beat the Pens)

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Well, there's a decent chance he gets a third Norris this year. That pretty much guarantees a HHoF induction of it isn't already guaranteed regardless of what he does going forward.

If he keeps up his pace this year, he'll be one of only a handful of Dmen to hit 100 pts, and alone with Orr as the only ones to do it on a team with no other 100pts player (Esposito had 99, Meier is on pace for 77). I could be wrong, but I think he'd also be the only Dman aside from Orr to lead the league in ES pts too.

In terms of personal accomplishments, he's right up there with some greats. If he adds some team success all bets are off (hard not to wonder what his legacy would already look like had we beat the Pens)
Good points Micklebot. He has actually accomplished a lot for a relatively short time in Ottawa and if he wins another, 3 Norris's should no doubt lead to an HHOF almost on its own. Looking back he's the first since Lidstrom to win more than one and if people are honest about it, he should have Doughty's too. I think you're right on him being the first since Orr to lead in ES points. I don't know the status at this point, but previously this year he was also the first since Orr to be involved in 40+% of the teams offence. Being on such a bad team there makes it that much more impressive imo.

Reactions: NB613

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
”show me a good goalie and I will show you a good coach”. It’s time the sens acquire a saros,Gibson orDemko..
Doesn’t that mean that the goalie is good because of how the team plays (is coached) in front of them?

It seems like you’ve flipped it, unless it’s me getting it wrong.

But who cares, I agree, it would be nice to acquire a top 5 goalie, to state the obvious.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Doesn’t that mean that the goalie is good because of how the team plays (is coached) in front of them?

It seems like you’ve flipped it, unless it’s me getting it wrong.

But who cares, I agree, it would be nice to acquire a top 5 goalie, to state the obvious.
I thought the point of the expression was goalies make coaches look good,

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Chychurn can be had and he's the only guy that makes sense imo. This just has to get done.

He's a high end dman that will complete the core. A high end do it all guy that will support Cabby and Sandy. We can make a deal without including Pinto or Greig. And we can dump Zaitsev in the process. There is no other better trading partner than AZ.

Everything fits in place properly. Pay the top 3 protected first, more picks, boucher and JBD - and call it a day.
If this were true, and IF Chychrun is what the doctor ordered, why wouldn't that trade have happened already? Chychrun has been on the block for about a year already. Hope you are right about the package we'd offer, but I'll guess from the Coyotes perspective its missing the high end prospect they are looking for.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Talent is talent. If I have to win a game give me the three prior mentioned players. And likely give me Alfie after chara and Hossa. Karlsson is a greatly talented player. But. Chara and hossa are chara and hossa. I mean….

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Talent is talent. If I have to win a game give me the three prior mentioned players. And likely give me Alfie after chara and Hossa. Karlsson is a greatly talented player. But. Chara and hossa are chara and hossa. I mean….
Not sure I agree with that so plainly put. They all bring different things to the table and are all on pretty equal footing in that context imo. Chara and Hossa played on cup teams so they get the reputation, but I put Alfie and Karlsson right there with them and honestly would choose that duo ove Chara/Hossa in that scenario.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not sure I agree with that so plainly put. They all bring different things to the table and are all on pretty equal footing in that context imo. Chara and Hossa played on cup teams so they get the reputation, but I put Alfie and Karlsson right there with them and honestly would choose that duo ove Chara/Hossa in that scenario.
Hm. I would not. But. That’s what this site is for.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
And I’d further split that to say that prime Chara was like no other.

Eh, I’d have to go with the two actual cup winners, but it’s very close.

Now all four on our team at once……

Reactions: Dionysus

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hm. I would not. But. That’s what this site is for.
They're all great Hall of Fame worthy players so you really can't go wrong.
And I’d further split that to say that prime Chara was like no other.

Eh, I’d have to go with the two actual cup winners, but it’s very close.

Now all four on our team at once……
I understand that line of thinking. Knowing how thin that line is though and how much the team you play for dictates the chips you do or dont get, I dont put as much stock in it. If Canucks don't choke then Chara doesnt have his and we saw how much it took Hossa to get his and how great that Blackhawks team was.

I go with the greatest offensive defenceman since Orr and our version of God, but you couldn't go wrong with any combination of them.

How about a Karlsson chara pairing playing 30 mins a night!?!?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice-Tray

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
All 4 are HoF players.

Reactions: DrEasy

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Chara is my favourite player of all time. He is the reason I am a hockey fan - let alone a Sens fan.

But in terms of linear career performance, Karlsson is the better player - heck, you could argue superior. EK will have to win a cup and play another five to seven seasons but talent wise he is better than Chara by a fair margin.

We need a RHD that will improve our 5 on 5 scoring. Karlsson is the obvious answer. Like blatantly so.

I abstained from watching the all star game but Brady and EK talking, Brady points to the ‘C’ I mean… He’s coming home. Co-captain’s.

As a team we’re going to be that cool kid with two rich dads. Freakin’ sweet.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
All 4 are HoF players.
Guy carboneau and Wayne Gretzky are both hall of Famers lol. They’re not all created equal.

Obviously an exaggerated example. But. Still. Chara and hossa were near perfect hockey players. Alfie as well. Karlsson has faced some backlash over his on ice play multiple times In his career. Mostly unwarranted but some very warranted. Supremely talented. But not complete at all times like those three were

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
We had THREE!!! f***ing THREE. And we sold two off!!! A dynasty hall of fame core!!! Drives me f***ing Insane

By trading Hossa we chose Alfredsson over Chara.

There’s an alternate universe where Ottawa traded Alffy for Craig Conroy and a 1st instead of Hossa for Heatley. Ottawa drafts Kopitar instead of Lee and is a dynasty.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
By trading Hossa we chose Alfredsson over Chara.

There’s an alternate universe where Ottawa traded Alffy for Craig Conroy and a 1st instead of Hossa for Heatley. Ottawa drafts Kopitar instead of Lee and is a dynasty.
There’s an alternative history where muckler just realized what he had and made hossa happy and chara happy. The fact of the matter is that muckler thought hossa was a lazy euro. Which is hilarious because he’s one of the greatest two way players ever. Confirmed by hossa leaving the negotiation saying “if I wasn’t European this deal would have been done 6 months ago” (unconfirmed).

But yeah I’ll take hossa +chara over Alfie any day

Reactions: Dionysus and Que

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

I'm focusing solely on their ability win hockey games.

Alfredsson was my favourite Senator and Chara and Hossa not far behind.

But in terms of pure hockey talent, making their teammates better, and winning their teams game, they do not hold up to EK. Karlsson is in a higher tier. Even amongst HoF players pool, Karlsson is a special talent.

Team accomplishments are a lazy way to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad