Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Not a return I'd be happy with, that's for sure...

Very loose definition of prospects Niemelainen is nothing.

Bourgeault is fine but doesn’t really fill a need and isn’t someone I’d target as a “let’s go get him”.

It’s a strange article for sure. The scenarios only make sense for the Oilers and the author reassures fans that the Oilers will flip DeBrincat for even better returns and oh yeah, the Sens will retain 30% of his salary. Delusional.

Not to mention picking up Puljujarvi and Foegele salaries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Legit question, would anyone be willing to trade Debrincat for a top 4 RHD and some prospect/picks deal, and then offer a pick or prospect for Garland? Garland is a very tenacious excellent 5on5 producer who always drives the net.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Legit question, would anyone be willing to trade Debrincat for a top 4 RHD and some prospect/picks deal, and then offer a pick or prospect for Garland? Garland is a very tenacious excellent 5on5 producer who always drives the net.
A low end top 4 RHD? Cause with a young high end top 4, low cap hit with term is worth a lot.

Sens will have to offer their own picks/prospect to get Garland and his 5M salary.

So no to Garland

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Why would we do that? With injuries and trades, we don't have enough goalies to fill our roster here and Belleville as it is.
The article mentioned we would retain salary for Talbot. I've wondered how much latitude Dorion has now given the impending sale of the team? Having said that there's news he's still scouting teams and there's rumors floating around about Pierre thinking he can make a trade.
Because its easier to find a backup goalie to sit on the bench and run with Forsberg for the remainder 33 games than possibly getting a top 4 dman if that's what we are actually targeting from LA.

Also because he is a 36 year old UFA that isn't part of this future and if we could get something valuable for him that addresses one of our biggest weaknesses then you have to do it.

Talbot+Holden for Matt Roy?
I don't think Talbot will fetch a lot as goalies generally do not return a whole lot. And Talbot & Holden for Roy would be a pretty meager return for the LAK. They could do a lot better than that for Roy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's only strange if you've never encountered an Oilers fan on here before.

Assen na yo!
Delusional group of people.

I mean, I just provided a potential reason.

They're 1 point out of their division lead (4 points out of the conference lead) despite getting the 3rd worst goaltending in the league this year. They may very well be thinking to themselves, "if we improve in net, we can make a bit of a run."

Talbot, while he's had some bad games, has had a .900+ SV% in 20 of 25 games this year. That's pretty good, especially in comparison to Quick, who's had just 9 .900 SV% games out of 24. Phoenix Copley, while having better numbers than Quick, has only ever played in 50 NHL games. Talbot has started 33 playoff games.

Grans, while a good prospect, is far down their depth chart and plays a position of strength for them. They may prefer trading him instead of a pick.

And yes, Demko would obviously be a much better acquisition, if he's available. But he's also going to cost WAY more than Helge Grans, who, depending on which list you look at, is their 5-10th best prospect. You're not getting Demko without giving up a good piece of your roster + picks + prospects.

Although sure, it might not be ideal in a 1:1. But like I said, maybe a Talbot (@50% retained) + Motte for Grans + a pick is something that's more doable. They improve in nets and add depth with playoff experience.
Talbot sucks. He has very little value and L.A knows that. No difference between him and Quick.

Reactions: Masked

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Absolutely zero interest in Garland. None.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Because its easier to find a backup goalie to sit on the bench and run with Forsberg for the remainder 33 games than possibly getting a top 4 dman if that's what we are actually targeting from LA.

Also because he is a 36 year old UFA that isn't part of this future and if we could get something valuable for him that addresses one of our biggest weaknesses then you have to do it.

Talbot+Holden for Matt Roy?
Ottawa adding their first or?...

Absolutely zero interest in Garland. None.
There's talk of them buying him out. No more small forwards sens need a burner with size in their top 6.

L.A first Roy and one of Arvidsson, iafallo or Moore for Debrincat, Talbot and Holden/Branntsrom ?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’d do Talbot 50% retained for Quick and a 2023 2nd. Quick has been really bad and this would free up enough cap space for LA to add for a playoff push.

Ottawa adding their first or?...

There's talk of them buying him out. No more small forwards sens need a burner with size in their top 6.
Garland is Tyler Ennis with better hands and a worse personality.

Reactions: BUCKLE UP and bert

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Not sure if you just misspoke and meant exempt, but Thomson is no longer exempt next year, same with JBD and Sokolov, all three will require waivers according to capfriendly
Ya, I didn't word that very well. Yes, I meant that he is exempt next year. Capfriendly shows two years of contract slide and next year he's still on his ELC.

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
If we're trading Cat to the Oil, I sure as heck want either Bouchard or Broberg back to start. If we're dealing with Holland, we better be fleecing them
Bouchard sucks defensively, he is sheltered on the 3rd pairing and even when he does get 1PP time he does nothing with it. Would really hope that he is not the main piece coming back in a trade for Cat,

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Talbot sucks. He has very little value and L.A knows that. No difference between him and Quick.

You'll be surprised. A couple seasons ago at the deadline, the Leafs traded a 3rd round pick for David Rittich.

Talbot right now is quite a bit better than Quick. Talbot has put up a .900 or better SV% in 20 of 25 games this year. Quick has done it in 9 of 24 - and he plays on a much better team.

Reactions: Senscore

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ya, I didn't word that very well. Yes, I meant that he is exempt next year. Capfriendly shows two years of contract slide and next year he's still on his ELC.
Contract slide for his ELC and waiver eligibility are seperate issues, they have a waiver eligibility calculator,

He'll be waiver eligible to start next season.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
You'll be surprised. A couple seasons ago at the deadline, the Leafs traded a 3rd round pick for David Rittich.

Talbot right now is quite a bit better than Quick. Talbot has put up a .900 or better SV% in 20 of 25 games this year. Quick has done it in 9 of 24 - and he plays on a much better team.

And if not them just look at the goaltending Calgary is trying to make work.

There's a number of competitive teams with poor goaltending right now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yeah I mean neither are good. Talbot has let in more soft goals over a 25 game span I have ever seen from a sens goalie. His swings are just massive. You can tell right away if he will be any good or not. He cant find his net, his tracking ability is either great or non existent. If the kings are serious they will go after someone thats better.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Yeah I mean neither are good. Talbot has let in more soft goals over a 25 game span I have ever seen from a sens goalie. His swings are just massive. You can tell right away if he will be any good or not. He cant find his net, his tracking ability is either great or non existent. If the kings are serious they will go after someone thats better.

Who? There's a pretty limited market for goalies, based on what's been reported. Talbot, Korpisalo, Reimer... maybe Vejmelka? Demko would require a haul so that's not happening mid-season.

I'm not suggesting the Senators would get Roy or Byfield straight up or anything. But a prospect like Grans, who's good but not in the Kings top 5 and plays a position they're flush in? Yeah I could see it.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I would trade the Cat for a 25 min RHD with a lot of runway to go in their career.

Garland however I feel like he has 1 or 2 years left of being a productive player because he gets absolutely destroyed every game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Who? There's a pretty limited market for goalies, based on what's been reported. Talbot, Korpisalo, Reimer... maybe Vejmelka? Demko would require a haul so that's not happening mid-season.

I'm not suggesting the Senators would get Roy or Byfield straight up or anything. But a prospect like Grans, who's good but not in the Kings top 5 and plays a position they're flush in? Yeah I could see it.
I think that they wont bother supplanting a player like Quick with Talbot. Quick is a HOF player and lead them to two cups. They are the same age, its a lateral move to a legacy player.

Vejmelka maybe? Demko maybe? Otherwise I dont see them making any moves.

If Ottawa made a deal with them I think it would be built around Roy and Debrincat.

Debrincat, Talbot, Holden/Brannstrom for Roy, Iafallo, 1st or something like that.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Contract slide for his ELC and waiver eligibility are seperate issues, they have a waiver eligibility calculator,

He'll be waiver eligible to start next season.
Idk, maybe I'm just not getting this. He's still on his ELC because his contract slid.

Cap friendly says

• For players whom are 20 or older, the year in which they play their first Professional Game (e.g. NHL, AHL, ECHL, KHL, European Leagues) is the year which is considered their first year towards the waiver exemption; however, the player must be under an NHL contract.
He played in those leagues, but not on an NHL contract given that capfriendly shows his contract as having slid.

As far as I understand players on an elc are exempt from waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad