Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Sabres are trying to move Vinnie Hinostroza to get him some playing time, he's been buried in the Sabres minors. I wouldn't mind sending a 7th for him. Even if he's on our 4th line, we get an upgrade on Kelly or Watson. Dudes' only 28 and would be playing for a new contract.

Reactions: Sensators and NB613

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Sabres are trying to move Vinnie Hinostroza to get him some playing time, he's been buried in the Sabres minors. I wouldn't mind sending a 7th for him. Even if he's on our 4th line, we get an upgrade on Kelly or Watson. Dudes' only 28 and would be playing for a new contract.
You could have had him for free when he was waived a few days ago.

He cleared because he sucks.

Reactions: bert

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I'd do something like Rubins or a 7th for Hinostroza with retention (say 25%+) but nothing more

Reactions: bicboi64

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
At TDL, Between Cat* or Batherson who has more value for the Sens or a contender?

*assuming Debrincat will sign with either Sens or new team after trade dead line.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
At TDL, Between Cat* or Batherson who has more value for the Sens or a contender?

*assuming Debrincat will sign with either Sens or new team after trade dead line.
It depends on which Batherson or Debrincat we are getting. If it’s Batherson from last year that was playing at a PPG level and with a 200 foot complete game, then he is more valuable with this sub $5M contract than Debrincat, and makes his contract one of the best in the league.

If it’s this years Batherson where he plays like Mike Hoffman then Debrincat is more valuable than him if he signs a $8-8.5M contract.

It’s really hard to judge these players without seeing them play for a different coach and see them play in a different system than the garbage one that has been instilled in them for the past 4 years.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
why blaming the coach for a good and a bad Batherson in the same system?

Regardless, my question doesn't have a "it depends" clause.

You might have seen Debrincat or his stats from his days in the windy city and you saw Batherson a couple years prior to this year.

Batherson has been a minus player except last year.
And the cat is almost a point per game in a bad system and a minus player in 3 of his last 4.

I don't have an answer hence my question.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I really don't think you can trade either one. This team seriously lacks (talented) depth that can slide into the top-six. Keeping (both) DeBrincat and Batherson gives the team flexibility moving forward (even if Kitty signs for 9 million).

This is exceedingly early, but if Grieg is the real deal at C I'd be tempted to see what Pinto+ could shake free. Maybe new management comes in and circles back on Pinto+ Zaitsev+ for Chychrun.

XXXX - Timmy - Batherson
Tkachuk - Norris - Joseph
DeBrincat - Grieg - Giroux

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub

You'd have to piece the rest of the team together for cheap with ELC's, but that top-nine/top-four with a half decent coach and I don't see how we're not at least a bubble team.

Reactions: bicboi64 and bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It depends on which Batherson or Debrincat we are getting. If it’s Batherson from last year that was playing at a PPG level and with a 200 foot complete game, then he is more valuable with this sub $5M contract than Debrincat, and makes his contract one of the best in the league.

If it’s this years Batherson where he plays like Mike Hoffman then Debrincat is more valuable than him if he signs a $8-8.5M contract.

It’s really hard to judge these players without seeing them play for a different coach and see them play in a different system than the garbage one that has been instilled in them for the past 4 years.
If we can’t extend Debrincat by the TDL then you have to move him. Retain 50% and get a nice haul.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If we can’t extend Debrincat by the TDL then you have to move him. Retain 50% and get a nice haul.
I agree but I dont trust the GM. I dont think said GM would admit to such a bad deal either giving up the draft capital then trading him 9 months later. Plus he is trying to save his job so he wont make the team worse. So unless new ownership comes in and hires a new GM I highly doubt Debrincat is going anywhere.

Reactions: DrEasy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Batherson, at the moment, is worthless: he is awful at every facet of the game right now. I wouldn't take him for free.

DBC with an extension should be worth quite a lot but the logistics and limited partners (due to his next contract being around 8 to 9 per) means getting full value will be very difficult.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

From my perspective, if I was choosing a player for the long term, I'd choose Batherson.

The reasons:

We already know what we've got. He's a better all around player, despite the anomaly of this season. He's better defensively than DeBrincat.​
He's a bigger player than DeBrincat. He gets pushed off the puck less, and when he's actually forechecking it is effective.

He's a more cost effective choice. In a league where we need centres and high scoring wingers are a like to have. We already have the a winger signed for a reasonable cost in Batherson. I do not want to overpay for DeBrincat.​

Batherson, at the moment, is worthless: he is awful at every facet of the game right now. I wouldn't take him for free.

DBC with an extension should be worth quite a lot but the logistics and limited partners (due to his next contract being around 8 to 9 per) means getting full value will be very difficult.
He's having a terrible season and still have over 40pts. I wouldn't call Batherson useless.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I agree but I dont trust the GM. I dont think said GM would admit to such a bad deal either giving up the draft capital then trading him 9 months later. Plus he is trying to save his job so he wont make the team worse. So unless new ownership comes in and hires a new GM I highly doubt Debrincat is going anywhere.

It's a simple question but people must add their hate towards the coach or like in this case the GM. What about Batherson?

I know you said DBC is going no where but do you think Batherson would not be going anywhere either or not?

The draft capital wasn't that much compare to acquiring Debrincat but you're saying that in your mind, whatever the return it will never match what we spent.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
From my perspective, if I was choosing a player for the long term, I'd choose Batherson.

The reasons:

We already know what we've got. He's a better all around player, despite the anomaly of this season. He's better defensively than DeBrincat.​
He's a bigger player than DeBrincat. He gets pushed off the puck less, and when he's actually forechecking it is effective.​
He's a more cost effective choice. In a league where we need centres and high scoring wingers are a like to have. We already have the a winger signed for a reasonable cost in Batherson. I do not want to overpay for DeBrincat.​

He's having a terrible season and still have over 40pts. I wouldn't call Batherson useless.
He has 40 points on one of the worst teams in the League. It doesn't mean much.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's a simple question but people must add their hate towards the coach or like in this case the GM. What about Batherson?

I know you said DBC is going no where but do you think Batherson would not be going anywhere either or not?

The draft capital wasn't that much compare to acquiring Debrincat but you're saying that in your mind, whatever the return it will never match what we spent.
This isnt hatred this is looking at it objectively based on many trades that Dorion has made. This is looking at the situation realistically. He likely isnt coming back barring a miracle come back so why would he want to make the team worse?

As for the bolded a 7th overall pick early 2nd and 3rd is a pretty hefty price you have to pay if you have to flip the asset in a year.

I also dont agree that the return will never match what the sens spent. They wont get a top 10 pick back but they could get an equivalent prospect and draft capital in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Debrincats value now is probably just as high as when the sens traded for him. Around the deadline their value will be as high as ever. A player like Connor Brown only returned a second in the summer he would get way more at the TDL.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Ideally this would be the case because we should get more by trading him at the deadline, but I think the most ideal suitors for DeBrincat aren't in the playoffs and won't want to trade for him until the summer.

The teams I could see being most interested in ADB are:

Ducks (need offense badly, could play with Zegras)
Islanders (need offense badly to play with Barzal)
Red Wings (Michigan boy, want to improve to playoff team)

The teams that could be the most interested that are currently in the playoffs:

Canes (lost Pacioretty for the year and have a lot of cap space to fit him in)
Stars (want to go for it, are apparently looking at Horvat as well)
Knights (need offense but may have trouble fitting him in)

Reactions: DrEasy

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
I really don't think you can trade either one. This team seriously lacks (talented) depth that can slide into the top-six. Keeping (both) DeBrincat and Batherson gives the team flexibility moving forward (even if Kitty signs for 9 million).

This is exceedingly early, but if Grieg is the real deal at C I'd be tempted to see what Pinto+ could shake free. Maybe new management comes in and circles back on Pinto+ Zaitsev+ for Chychrun.

XXXX - Timmy - Batherson
Tkachuk - Norris - Joseph
DeBrincat - Grieg - Giroux

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub

You'd have to piece the rest of the team together for cheap with ELC's, but that top-nine/top-four with a half decent coach and I don't see how we're not at least a bubble team.
It really sucks that we lost Formenton for nothing because he was this player.

Looking at this purely from his on-ice contributions to the Sens.

Reactions: Cosmix

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Ideally this would be the case because we should get more by trading him at the deadline, but I think the most ideal suitors for DeBrincat aren't in the playoffs and won't want to trade for him until the summer.

The teams I could see being most interested in ADB are:

Ducks (need offense badly, could play with Zegras)
Islanders (need offense badly to play with Barzal)
Red Wings (Michigan boy, want to improve to playoff team)

The teams that could be the most interested that are currently in the playoffs:

Canes (lost Pacioretty for the year and have a lot of cap space to fit him in)
Stars (want to go for it, are apparently looking at Horvat as well)
Knights (need offense but may have trouble fitting him in)

I've also heard the NJD are looking for a Top 6 fwd. What if they offered Nemec, 23 1st RD, +?

Personally I hope Debrincat stays long term and we find another way to gain assets or a top 4 D.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Batherson has just given up on DJ. It's amazing most of the other guys haven't followed suite. How can you go out there every night doing the same thing knowing your going to lose.

I think Batherson, under a new coach, can inspire him back to his PPG pace. The guy just needs some motivation and right now there is ZERO motivation in this franchise.

Reactions: NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I've also heard the NJD are looking for a Top 6 fwd. What if they offered Nemec, 23 1st RD, +?

Personally I hope Debrincat stays long term and we find another way to gain assets or a top 4 D.

NJ wants to add a top 6 forward but want to get bigger and don't want to add another small guy.

It's why they've been rumoured to be after Meier, Horvat and even Anderson (who isn't close to a top 6 forward but dinosaurs going to dinosaur).

They wouldn't offer Nemec straight up. If they were willing to do that ADB would have been a Devil at the draft.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Batherson has just given up on DJ. It's amazing most of the other guys haven't followed suite. How can you go out there every night doing the same thing knowing your going to lose.

I think Batherson, under a new coach, can inspire him back to his PPG pace. The guy just needs some motivation and right now there is ZERO motivation in this franchise.
What you are describing is an indictement of the player more than the coach.

DJ has let Batherson get away with not giving a crap for more than half the season because of how bad we are offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad