Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
I'd say it was comical but iirc it often happened at the worst times.

It was always either that or Andy coming out to play the puck.

I remember those too. Iirc they were more common during the regular season.

Maybe my memory is failing me but I remember Anderson always raised his game in the playoffs and those stinkers were few and far between. 2017 he was great, when he came in relief for Hamburglar years prior he's almost the reason we almost came back against Montreal and had he started we probably would have advanced to later rounds.

Andy was always on his game come playoff time. Had his flaws, but the guy gave it all in the playoffs. Always gave the team a chance to win.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If things keep going we will be adding another very valuable piece at the draft,have said before Iam sick of playing for picks..But this may be exactly what we need...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Guys Chabot isn’t getting traded.

Decency bias but the only guy I would trade is Batherson. For a nice little package.

Debrincat isn’t worth +$6 million, and at least Batherson has a decent contract. Batherson is sleep walking through the season but overall he’s a better package then the Debrincat and much cheaper

Reactions: Sun God Nika

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Only way it makes sense is to trade him for another left defenseman around his level. Doubt it happens, unless Arizona is down for a swap with thst defenseman they're trying to trade

I’ll eat my hat if we trade Chabot. Highly Highly doubt it

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Debrincat isn’t worth +$6 million, and at least Batherson has a decent contract. Batherson is sleep walking through the season but overall he’s a better package then the Debrincat and much cheaper
no he isn't. For one the Cat is far better defensively than Batherson.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No I’m sorry I disagree. Debrincat is a two dimensionally player who plays like 10x the defence Batherson does.

He’s come here in a new dump and chase system and has struggled offensively at times. He’s not worth 9. But he’s certainly worth more than 6 lol

Reactions: bert and NB613

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
No I’m sorry I disagree. Debrincat is a two dimensionally player who plays like 10x the defence Batherson does.

He’s come here in a new dump and chase system and has struggled offensively at times. He’s not worth 9. But he’s certainly worth more than 6 lol

I think Batherson with the right coach can get to another level and a level that’s better then DBC. The Batherson in the first 40 games last season is much better then any hockey DBC has shown us this year - I’ve seen a higher ceiling from Batherson, but also seen worse from Batherson, but overall with a coach in his ear I think you can get more from Batherson who’s focused and motivated

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why is there so much talk about goalies? Not sure what I am missing but it's far down the list of problems

- Sell the team
- Hire competent management
- Make some changes in scouting and other departments
- Hire a new coaching staff with a modern vision and capable of instilling 2-way play
- Bring in some forwards who are good defensively and could contribute offensively (ex : Nick Paul, Connor Brown, Alex Formenton)
- Trade DeBrincat for Chychrun (if possible)

(obviously too late for Paul/Brown but gotta use their names for opticals. Get players as similar as possible)

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Greig - Stutzle - Giroux
Paul - Pinto - Brown
Crookshank - Kastelic - Brassard
Kelly

Sanderson - Chychrun
Chabot - Zub
Brannstrom - JBD
Stable DephtD

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think Batherson with the right coach can get to another level and a level that’s better then DBC. The Batherson in the first 40 games last season is much better then any hockey DBC has shown us this year - I’ve seen a higher ceiling from Batherson, but also seen worse from Batherson, but overall with a coach in his ear I think you can get more from Batherson who’s focused and motivated
You’ve seen Batherson score 40 goals? Because that was a higher ceiling than debrincat means.

Also have yet to see bath play great defense. Which debrincat does.

Debrincats ceiling is a 40 goal guy who plays a complete two way game.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Far more likely that this year's Batherson is the real one as opposed to the 40 games we saw out of him last year.

Reactions: DueDiligence

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
They gave us a 3rd for Mike Reilly and a 5th for Josh Brown. I would gladly do business with them this year again
Holden and Hamonic are good trade candidates, they can be replaced internally as well as 3rd pairing defenders. Going to Boston gives each of them a chance to have a chance for a cup as well. Hopefully we can get some draft picks for them

Reactions: DrEasy

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Holden and Hamonic are good trade candidates, they can be replaced internally as well as 3rd pairing defenders. Going to Boston gives each of them a chance to have a chance for a cup as well. Hopefully we can get some draft picks for them
Trading Hamonic will leave us with one of the softest bluelines in the league. He might not be the ideal player but he brings a dimension we don't have with anyone else. Makes that group so much easier to play against, especially in net front situations.

• Haha
Reactions: NB613

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Trading Hamonic will leave us with one of the softest bluelines in the league. He might not be the ideal player but he brings a dimension we don't have with anyone else. Makes that group so much easier to play against, especially in net front situations.
That would require Hamonic to actually be in front of the net and actually defending.

• Haha
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020

We already have one of the easiest blue lines to play against in the league. Trading Holden and Hamonic won’t change much. Really just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. We have zero defensive structure so you can plug and play anyone in there right now and it probably won’t matter. Will be sad to lose some vet presence but that is basically all Hamonic is good for.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Some interesting takes on the Bruins possibly looking to Ottawa for help.

Hamonic and motte im guessing?

But he doesn’t flex this dimension often enough for it to matter. So it’s a moot point.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If things keep going we will be adding another very valuable piece at the draft,have said before Iam sick of playing for picks..But this may be exactly what we need...
Taking a real step would have been a much better feeling right now, but if we can add a good player who can give us 2-3 years of NHLer hockey on an ELC and develop into a top 6/top 4, that will go a long, long way.

We already have one of the softest blue lines, we're not competing, and Hamonic is incredibly soft defensive in front of the net.

Wouldnt be against bringing him back as a 1.5m 3RD but if theres any real market for him, you trade him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Same applies to Greig, unless it's for a true top pairing right handed Dman (in which we add).
I'd give up any player/prospect/pick (except this year's first since we'll be in the running for Bedard) except Tkachuk, Sanderson and Stutzle if it made us competitive.

I'm so tired of tuning in to watch a team that is pretty solid on paper underperform almost every single game.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
with vancouver apparently considering buying out garland i wonder if we could do joseph for garland

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
with vancouver apparently considering buying out garland i wonder if we could do joseph for garland

That would be very "Canucks" of them to give up on a guy they paid a high price for, who is arguably one of their best 5 on 5 players who has put up 0.5+ points per game every year other than his rookie season.

Given his size (more frame than height) he quite obviously has some limitations, and he doesn't scream "DJ type player" but that's likely not going to matter going into next season.

A buyout would cost the Canucks ~$9.2 million while Joseph makes just a shade under $9 for the next three seasons. At face value if they're going to buy him out it probably makes more sense to bring in a reclamation project for the same price. Gives the Sens another young-ish piece with a history of providing offence who might be able to get more out of Pinto than MattyJ has.

Limits the cap space to add a defenceman a bit, but if you replace Motte/Watson with ELC's (Greig, Sokolov?) it's pretty much a break even situation.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
That would be very "Canucks" of them to give up on a guy they paid a high price for, who is arguably one of their best 5 on 5 players who has put up 0.5+ points per game every year other than his rookie season.

Given his size (more frame than height) he quite obviously has some limitations, and he doesn't scream "DJ type player" but that's likely not going to matter going into next season.

A buyout would cost the Canucks ~$9.2 million while Joseph makes just a shade under $9 for the next three seasons. At face value if they're going to buy him out it probably makes more sense to bring in a reclamation project for the same price. Gives the Sens another young-ish piece with a history of providing offence who might be able to get more out of Pinto than MattyJ has.

Limits the cap space to add a defenceman a bit, but if you replace Motte/Watson with ELC's (Greig, Sokolov?) it's pretty much a break even situation.
This is what i was thinking, but from the canucks pov the contract doesnt go double the length on a potential buyout and they clear up 2 million or so to resign Kuzmenko while getting another top 9 forward back.

For us we get an offensive improvement, a 5 on 5 improvement but it does tighten our cap a bit. It is interesting none the less imo

Reactions: stempniaksen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad