Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I’d fire DJ before trading Chabot.

Batherson for Whitecloud and Kolesar if Vegas is open to it.

Would also look at Hayes @ 50% in the off-season if you can build a package around Joseph and futures.

Jeremy Swayman is an RFA at seasons end and Boston could have a heck of a time trying to keep him.

Reactions: Senscore and NB613

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Before we trade anyone (aside from Talbot, Holden, Hamonic and any other upcoming FA's), I'd prefer to fire DJ. Having said that, even if we do get management, I absolutely listen to offers on anyone that isn't Stu or Sanderson

Reactions: gab6511 and NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Adding a rental defenceman in some sort of “win-now” move would be confusing and highly unnecessary. The Senators need to play at a .722 points percentage down the stretch just to get to 95 points this season, which is likely the playoff cutoff in the Eastern Conference. That’s a 118-point pace over the course of a full regular season.

It’s not happening, so don’t make a trade to create a mirage of a playoff chase.

It’s gone.

It’s over.

It evaporated.

You’re behind Philadelphia and tied with Montreal in the standings. It’s time to act like it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s ok if you have a different definition of rebuild. It has nothing to do with patience lol

For me, the rebuild phase and when you’re selling off your old core and trying to stockpile draft picks and build a new core.

We’re past that quite obviously. Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Norris, Chabot are all locked up long term. Zub and Giroux medium term, and soon Sanderson, Pinto and DeBrincat are coming up.

We’re at the point where the core is being seriously evaluated now and trying to complement it by adding complementary pieces like another top 4 D, top 9 F and a legit goalie.
I really dont think they are passed it. Historically they definitely aren't. The veteran teams are always the best ones and its because they have experience. They are more consistent which results in less swings in winning and losing streaks. Theyre better defensively and make the right play more often than young players. This teams big draft was 2020.... Most players arent remotely close to being NHLers and the ones that are, are rookies.

I dont think making any moves makes any sense under this current regime. They need a new vision and leadership. The core pieces are in place but that doesnt mean they are fully developed. Panic trades right now wont result in this team winning a stanley cup. Thats the goal.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Guys Chabot isn’t getting traded.

Decency bias but the only guy I would trade is Batherson. For a nice little package.

Batherson is even less tradeable than Chabot because of his low wage valuable contract.

though if this version of Batherson is the real Batherson. yea move him.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Batherson at 5m is the type of contract that you need to win.

Chabot at 8m is more replaceable. Sanderson himself is gonna surpass him soon if he hasn't already.
Well
Obviously depends who’s getting the 5 million. I would justness what’s out there. If there’s a top 4 guy on a similar deal. That’s an easy swap to make for me

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'd like to trade either Batherson or Debrincat. If we are 100% convinced that Batherson is in the clear regarding HC investigation then I'd likely keep him and hope for a rebound. If we move Debrincat, I'd put him on the market at 50% retained. Debrincat at 3.2M while taking back an expiring contract to make the cap work should be a nice haul. I don't want to go into next year without moving one of them.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Before making any big moves a few thigg by a need to happen.

1. A new coach, a real one this time with pedigree and can win so we actually know what we have with our lineup

2. A new GM . Nobody on here trusts Dorion to make a good trade and he shouldn’t be allowed to make it

Reactions: NB613

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Was looking at Matt Roy's HockeyDB.

Saw he was 27 and I am like damn he is old. Then I realized I was born 6 months before this guy.

Life hits you fast :')

Just wait until guys born when you were done high school start getting drafted…

These are the proper lines and demoting Batherson is the right move

If Motte is healthy he should be in over Brass. That line will need help in its own end.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The Sens aren’t rebuilding anymore, Chabot isn’t on the table
Maybe it boils down to the definition of rebuild, but what would you say we are doing?

We need a goalie, a RD, and not sure about Debrincat next year, but might have another hole in the top 6 to fill as well. We occupy the 25th seed (8th worst).

Not sure whether its a rebuild or some other term, but we are definitely needing to make several additional moves before we can have realistic hopes of making the playoffs and doing something once we are in.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Remember how everyone was claiming that Chabot would replace Karlsson?
Now people are saying Sanderson will replace Chabot.

NOW you want Karlsson back.

Get a new coach. Leave Chabot alone.
Post of the year. The concept that a team cant have two elite D men either around here seems foreign as it hasnt happened since Redden and Chara but it is possible.

That Pinto line is going to be caved in.
They should be getting easier matchups. Only difference is they switched Batherson and Joseph. Brassard is too slow though he shouldnt be playing.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I wonder if we are suddenly in market for a goalie with Dorion comments the other day mentioning they are looking at everything.

Demko seems to be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki