Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
JBD is better in the offensive zone, boxes out and ties up sticks better than Brannstrom. JBD is just better with a better upside.

With the potential cap crunch, I think we should keep our 4th liners under 1M.
Well we see different things. Agree to disagree.

Any chance Chabot is on the block?

The only way I see Roy going is for a an upgrade on the left?

He is their unsung defender. Provides a game the surplus of other RHD don’t.
Well we won’t be trading Chabot for Roy.

We can’t really give you an upgrade on the left for roy.

Maybe we’re looking at Walker

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Money would be hard. He would be the most intriguing guy imho.

If a deal gets done I assume it’s a minor move.

Unless you want to do Byfield for Stutzle ;)
Just playing with names cuz I have no life, what about Chabot and Talbot (half retained this year) for Roy, Durzi, , Iafallo and a 1st (this year or next).

$8.85 million coming our way.
$9.83 million going y'all way.

Still makes it tight for LA since they'd have to play around with another $1 million, but y'all get a minute eating LD that let's some of your younger guys develop, while Ottawa gets a stable RD, some depth up front and an asset to try and address other needs.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Just playing with names cuz I have no life, what about Chabot and Talbot (half retained this year) for Roy, Durzi, , Iafallo and a 1st (this year or next).

Still makes it tight for LA since they'd have to play around with another $1 million, but y'all get a minute eating LD that let's some of your younger guys develop, while Ottawa gets a stable RD, some depth up front and an asset to try and address other needs.
It’s not bad.

Moving out Durzi and Roy opens up spots that are needed but a right side of Walker and Spence is pretty undersized. Unless they feel Clarke is ready.

Iaffalo is a really solid defensive forward that can play with anyone and do the dirty work on the line.

Not sure the first isn’t a tad much with three solid players going back.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Something around Walker/Holden is my guess.
Yeah could be. But Holden is very well liked in the room here and on an expiring deal I think. Not sure what use the kings would have for him as he seems to be getting close to retirement

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
It’s not bad.

Moving out Durzi and Roy opens up spots that are needed but a right side of Walker and Spence is pretty undersized. Unless they feel Clarke is ready.

Iaffalo is a really solid defensive forward that can play with anyone and do the dirty work on the line.

Not sure the first isn’t a tad much with three solid players going back.
Also remember, if DJ Smith isn't fired, all trades are moot. He'll instil a culture of zero accountability and players that could play defense might all of a sudden forget how to under him

Reactions: NB613 and LAKings88

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Yeah could be. But Holden is very well liked in the room here and on an expiring deal I think. Not sure what use the kings would have for him as he seems to be getting close to retirement
Unclogging the RHD situation lets Durzi go back to his right side. Frees up cap if he is expiring for next year.

Interesting nonetheless. Maybe it’s nothing at all. Thanks for the discussion tho. Good luck to you guys. Hoping you get the management and direction you need/want.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Tons of smart hockey people out there. Would be nice to see the Sens look in unconventional places for some new ideas.

Europe has some great hockey minds.

So much nepotism in the NHL, seems every executive hired is the son of some other "hockey guy" in the NHL.

So no, I have nobody in mind. Someone intelligent, with interesting ideas and a new vision for how to guide this team into a contender.

Communication skills and honesty appreciated as well.
I’ve said it before but Jason Spezza is my pick. I know he has no experience and just stepped into the management role with Toronto but his mind for the game is incredible. I’d take a shot on him.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

I do not believe LA wants Talbot.

He is too old and not better of what Kings have now.

I would propose Chabot for Roy, Walker, Iafallo and a 1st in 2024

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Both Roy and Walker? I'd do it rn
We would need to trade or sign another top 4 LHD, granted this is much easier than finding a RD and would be cheaper than Chabot’s $8M…

Would consider this trade if we have a deal for Chychrun in our back pocket

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
We would need to trade or sign another top 4 LHD, granted this is much easier than finding a RD and would be cheaper than Chabot’s $8M…

Would consider this trade if we have a deal for Chychrun in our back pocket
Gives Brannstrom a chance to eat some of Chabot's minutes, while we draft/trade for another LD. Seems like filling a hole by creating another hole, but a defensive RD is the hardest position to fill in the league, and in the event that Chabot can't be as good as he was in his rookie season, I'd make this move, especially since he'll become impossible to move when his actual salary exceeds his cap hit. Walker and Roy would have a combined cap hit of $5.7 million. $2.3 million in cap saved plus we still have assets to move for LD. Not that I think LA would do this tbh

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Reactions: Sensators

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Who do you think main target is from LA? Any rumblings?
no insider knowledge here but i figure its one of roy/durzi/walker

there have been reports from the media that roy and walker are the targets, now i dont know if that means we asked for durzi and they said no or there isnt any interest

i personally dont see LA trading Roy unless they can make a deal for a top 4 LD. We dont really have one available but i wonder if we can add arizona to the deal where LA gets Chychrun. I also figure we are going to make the aggressive move for Roy because Dorion is playing for his job.

Walker is a cheap deal cost wise so i dont think we would be making multiple scouting trips for him

This is all just me putting together information, i could be off

Reactions: NB613

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Anyone else get the feeling that if this was just about walker it would have been done already?

I'm thinking there are probably a number of potential deals in the work and Dorion wants to get an idea of which one he wants to pursue.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Gives Brannstrom a chance to eat some of Chabot's minutes, while we draft/trade for another LD. Seems like filling a hole by creating another hole, but a defensive RD is the hardest position to fill in the league, and in the event that Chabot can't be as good as he was in his rookie season, I'd make this move, especially since he'll become impossible to move when his actual salary exceeds his cap hit. Walker and Roy would have a combined cap hit of $5.7 million. $2.3 million in cap saved plus we still have assets to move for LD. Not that I think LA would do this tbh
Brannstrom sucks. Trading one of the teams best players just creates another hole. This team needs more top line players not less. Trading Chabot for a quantity package is a terrible idea. Especially without seeing him with another coach.

The Sens aren’t rebuilding anymore, Chabot isn’t on the table
Yes they are the teams best forward is 21. They aren't close to being done developing. People need patience. The teams in limbo because of the sale. Dorion is a lame duck gm and DJ is a lame duck coach.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Was looking at Matt Roy's HockeyDB.

Saw he was 27 and I am like damn he is old. Then I realized I was born 6 months before this guy.

Life hits you fast :')

• Haha
Reactions: xVolchenkov

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yes they are the teams best forward is 21. They aren't close to being done developing. People need patience. The teams in limbo because of the sale. Dorion is a lame duck gm and DJ is a lame duck coach.

It’s ok if you have a different definition of rebuild. It has nothing to do with patience lol

For me, the rebuild phase and when you’re selling off your old core and trying to stockpile draft picks and build a new core.

We’re past that quite obviously. Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Norris, Chabot are all locked up long term. Zub and Giroux medium term, and soon Sanderson, Pinto and DeBrincat are coming up.

We’re at the point where the core is being seriously evaluated now and trying to complement it by adding complementary pieces like another top 4 D, top 9 F and a legit goalie.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki