Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
We need Forsberg to get more reps before we let Talbot go.

Belleville is full of B grade prospects aar best, well is dry.

PD has made mess of our defense. We 3 good defensemen, no depth l, size or veteran leadership.

Our top 9 will be fine next year.

Our 5v5 and defensive gaffs are true colors of where DJ is at in our rebuild. I don't think he has much left to offer other then being a cheerleader. He can't get this team to next level. Stick fork in him when new ownership comes in cause he is done.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Brass #1 goal this season is to hit 1K games and get the silver stick. He likely caps his career after that. That accomplishment should be done before the deadline. If a competitive team wants him for depth i am sure the team will do right by Brassard and move him.

Reactions: Bileur

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Who replaces Talbot? Who replaces him next season?

Gambrel, Watson, Holden, Motte, Kelly, Zaitsev and if we get a good offer Branny.

Brass if he wants a to go to playoffs. He was Ottawa or bust when he did a PTO. He may prefer just to retire.
if you are talking about a goalie this season we can do the very ottawa senators thing and trade a pick for Nedeljkovic

if you are talking offseason there are enough 'meh' goalies available where we can sign someone

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Who replaces Talbot? Who replaces him next season?

Gambrel, Watson, Holden, Motte, Kelly, Zaitsev and if we get a good offer Branny.

Brass if he wants a to go to playoffs. He was Ottawa or bust when he did a PTO. He may prefer just to retire.

Probably Greig? I'd keep Kelly, he gets a lot of hate but I like him as a 4th liner, if we can move Joseph and use the space to shore up the D I'd do that.

Tkachuk-Norris-Bath
DeBrincat-Stü-Girü
Greig-Pinto-Joseph/Sokolov
Kelly?-Kastelic-?

Chabot-JBD/RHD pickup
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom?-?

Forsberg
Sogaard?

Goaltending next year is my worry. but If we get a good coach and a decent RHD, we can probably make due

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Brass #1 goal this season is to hit 1K games and get the silver stick. He likely caps his career after that. That accomplishment should be done before the deadline. If a competitive team wants him for depth i am sure the team will do right by Brassard and move him.
There's also the possibility that the team could do right by Brassard by not moving him

Probably Greig? I'd keep Kelly, he gets a lot of hate but I like him as a 4th liner, if we can move Joseph and use the space to shore up the D I'd do that.

Tkachuk-Norris-Bath
DeBrincat-Stü-Girü
Kelly?-Kastelic-?

Chabot-JBD/RHD pickup
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom?-?

Forsberg
Sogaard?

Goaltending next year is my worry. but If we get a good coach and a decent RHD, we can probably make due
The only good thing I can bring myself to say about Kelly is that he's taking less poorly timed penalties than he was earlier in the year.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The only good thing I can bring myself to say about Kelly is that he's taking less poorly timed penalties than he was earlier in the year.
I was really down on Kelly early in the season but imo he's been much better lately, still room for improvement but he's one of the few guys on the team that gets in on the forcheck well and reloads consistently. He's a cheap 4th liner that can kill penalties, draws more than his fair share, and provides a bit of energy.

Reactions: Icelevel

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Tkachuk-Norris-Bath
DeBrincat-Stü-Girü
Kelly?-Kastelic-?

Chabot-JBD/RHD pickup
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom?-?

Forsberg
Sogaard?

I think goaltending is a big concern for next year as well.

As far as RD, I wonder if JBD is ready for full time duties & a lot of TOI? I hope so, but if we want more certainty, then another good, top 4 RD would be nice. JBD could be placed on the 3rd pair and given more time to gain NHL experience against lesser competition.

I think it could be tight cap-wise to accomplish all three objectives: a) goaltender b) RD c) new contract for Debrincat.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
For goaltending next year I’d take a flyer on Kevin Lankinen. Other options are are Anderssen or Varlymov.

Up front I would like to see

Brady - Stu
Norris - Batherson/Debrincat
Pinto - Giroux
Kelly - Kastelic

I went with pairs since I’m unsure if Formenton, Joseph, Greig, Sokolov and one of Bath/Cat will be here. If all those players are available I’d go

Brady - Stu - Bath
Cat - Norris - Joseph/Sokolov
Formenton - Pinto - Giroux
Kelly - Kastelic - Sokolov/Joseph

On the back end as currently constituted I’d go

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - JBD
Brannstrom - Thomson

Ideally we would acquire a 2nd pair RD with some offence and a 3rd pair LD with size and aggression.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

As far as RD, I wonder if JBD is ready for full time duties & a lot of TOI? I hope so, but if we want more certainty, then another good, top 4 RD would be nice. JBD could be placed on the 3rd pair and given more time to gain NHL experience against lesser competition.

I think it could be tight cap-wise to accomplish all three objectives: a) goaltender b) RD c) new contract for Debrincat.
I think we need to make a choice between DeBrincat, a RHD, and Goaltending. We can't get all three.

Is JBD or Thomson ready to be a top 4, probably not. Is Sogaard ready to be a backup? Maybe... But probably not if Forsberg is our starter.

Can DeBrincat be re-signed for less than his QO?

Reactions: SweSensFan

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
As for Free Agent goalies, here is a list of free agent goalies who are available next season.

The list has been filtered with games played = 8 (or greater).

The ones in this CapFriendly list from #6 to #18 would ostensibly be our targets as they are getting paid less than Talbot is currently (which is another filter.
  • Nedeljkovic
  • Blackwood
  • Reimer
  • Hill
  • Jones *
  • Raanta
  • Samsonov
  • Halak
  • Anderson, Craig
  • Lankinen
  • Korpisalo
  • Greiss
  • Stolarz

I put an asterisk besides Jones because I think Seattle will just resign him. Its possible that the Leafs will resign Samsonov as well.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I think we need to make a choice between DeBrincat, a RHD, and Goaltending. We can't get all three.

Is JBD or Thomson ready to be a top 4, probably not. Is Sogaard ready to be a backup? Maybe... But probably not if Forsberg is our starter.

Cat can be re-signed for less then his QO but the danger is he says no thanks and then we get stuck in a stone situation again

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Ya, if they resign Debrincat for something in the Stutzle/Brady range, then they need to save some money on the other options. They could maybe work in a $5 m RD (approx.) if they went with an inexpensive goalie (i.e., $2 - 2.25 m).

If Debrincat signs for less, then they'll have a little more money to play with to acquire a goaltender and a RD.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Cat can be re-signed for less then his QO but the danger is he says no thanks and then we get stuck in a stone situation again
What I meant was can we get him to extend with some term at a reasonable price,

In the end, if we can only extend him for 1 year, we need to trade him asap. If that's the case, we should be able to recoup decent value,

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
If they give him an extension (a new multi-year contract that extends in to the future) before the entry draft (or June 25, 2023), does that new contract kick in right away with the new salary versus having to pay the QO amount? I'm fuzzy on this part of the CBA.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What I meant was can we get him to extend with some term at a reasonable price,

In the end, if we can only extend him for 1 year, we need to trade him asap. If that's the case, we should be able to recoup decent value,
I’d like to get a long look at Soogard and bring Meri back over to Belleville. Cat is a priority in my opinion, he’s a close second with the puck to Stu, he’s so good at making small plays with the puck, works his ass off, and can make plays, all on top of being a goal scorer. At 24 he’s got to be kept.

We simply need high caliber players.

I’d rather make room by looking to love Jo and Talbot if we do find the right RD who’s cost demands more cap room than we have.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
I really don't get the point of trading Motte. Look at our putrid bottom six and tell me we're not missing him.

He's a good penalty killer/bottom six player making barely over a million. Should be easy to resign, and would only get us what, a 3rd at best?

Keep him.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

I think JBD and Brannstom would make a nice 3rd pair.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
I’d like to get a long look at Soogard and bring Meri back over to Belleville. Cat is a priority in my opinion, he’s a close second with the puck to Stu, he’s so good at making small plays with the puck, works his ass off, and can make plays, all on top of being a goal scorer. At 24 he’s got to be kept.

We simply need high caliber players.

I’d rather make room by looking to love Jo and Talbot if we do find the right RD who’s cost demands more cap room than we have.

If we try and swing a sign and trade like what Calgary did with Matt Tkachuk, we could get some legitimate pieces back. Despite Huberdeau struggling this year, Calgary was still able to get a top-4 RD, a high-end forward, and a first round pick out of the deal.

Don't think DeBrincat will have as much value as Matt Tkachuk, but it would still be worth exploring imo.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
As for Free Agent goalies, here is a list of free agent goalies who are available next season.

The list has been filtered with games played = 8 (or greater).

The ones in this CapFriendly list from #6 to #18 would ostensibly be our targets as they are getting paid less than Talbot is currently (which is another filter.
  • Nedeljkovic
  • Blackwood
  • Reimer
  • Hill
  • Jones *
  • Raanta
  • Samsonov
  • Halak
  • Anderson, Craig
  • Lankinen
  • Korpisalo
  • Greiss
  • Stolarz

I put an asterisk besides Jones because I think Seattle will just resign him. Its possible that the Leafs will resign Samsonov as well.

I think Lankinen could be an excellent pickup for a reasonable price.

He won't be as good as his numbers in Nashville right now but he'll be much better than his numbers in Chicago last year.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think JBD and Brannstom would make a nice 3rd pair.

I think Lankinen could be an excellent pickup for a reasonable price.

He won't be as good as his numbers in Nashville right now but he'll be much better than his numbers in Chicago last year.
There's so many things that could happen. I mean, we know new ownership on its way, but there are also numerous other things: President, GM, Coaches, new players. This summer will be very interesting I suspect.

Reactions: NB613 and Loach

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
and a 3rd pair LD with size and aggression.

If we are all dead-set on this being a heavy need... we already have it... Just ride out Brannstrom for next year while Kleven gets acclimated to the pro game in Belleville for a year... then bring Kleven in the following year.

23-24

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - XXX
Brannstrom - JBD

24-25

Sanderson - XXX
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - JBD

perhaps at some point next year (TDL?) we can move Brannstrom for some QUALITY depth forward...

• Love

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If we try and swing a sign and trade like what Calgary did with Matt Tkachuk, we could get some legitimate pieces back. Despite Huberdeau struggling this year, Calgary was still able to get a top-4 RD, a high-end forward, and a first round pick out of the deal.

Don't think DeBrincat will have as much value as Matt Tkachuk, but it would still be worth exploring imo.
I mean I’d never say no to exploring, but I really wouldn’t want the team exploring during and if they are negotiating a long term deal. Sends mixed messages. If it doesn’t look like it will happen by the draft, then open the floor for negotiations because someone is going to get a hell of a player for the year with a good chance to extend..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki