Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd do Kleven + 2nd. I'm not sold on Kleven. I think he's a Gryba type prospect.
I like Kleven more than Gryba, he's certainly way ahead of Gryba at the same age. I also liked Gryba more than many did, but whatever.

Kleven has better puck skills, a better shot, and is a far better skater than Gryba. Gryba was a fine physical 6d. Kleven can be a lot more than that if he hits his stride.

Salva Mea

Apr 4, 2018
its sean walker :D..

but hope matt roy

p.s for me dumba also not bad option, with sandy will be perfect.. if hi shoots like 1-2 year ago... i

Reactions: NB613

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
TSN 1200 this morning was talking about a possible Talbot for Roy/Walker trade with LA.

JR mentioned Talbot’s best years we’re under Todd Mclellan

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
TSN 1200 this morning was talking about a possible Talbot for Roy/Walker trade with LA.

JR mentioned Talbot’s best years we’re under Todd Mclellan
Why would LA do that? Is quick hurt or something, because they are the same age and Quick is better...

Sry, one year apart...

I guess quick might not be better, but I still don't see how they'd want to pull that trigger.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Why would LA do that? Is quick hurt or something, because they are the same age and Quick is better...

Sry, one year apart...

I guess quick might not be better, but I still don't see how they'd want to pull that trigger.

Talbot is arguably better. Even with the recent clunkers, Talbot has a .903 SV%. Quick is at .884.

But considering both their ages, neither can be an undisputed #1 guy. LA wants to be in the playoffs, and I don't think they're all that confident in having to play Quick every night down the stretch.

Talbot/Quick would be a much better tandem than Quick/Copley. Petersen seems to be out of the mix completely at this point.

With that said, I doubt they move Roy. We could probably get Walker in a Talbot deal though.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Talbot is the main piece in a trade for Roy or Walker, sign me up! Take back Copley and let him help us get a better draft pick. Let Forsberg be the starter and hope that Sogaard is good enough to make some noise in training camp next year lol

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't think he was a question mark or as in dire need of a situation change as you portray, he obviously just needed more time imo and it's as simple as that. He was a young developing player like Pinto that one day Dorion was on radio saying he's the #1C of the future and his most exciting prospect and the next minute he's dealt despite putting up good numbers in a small role. In one sense, He also likes music and to party apparently, so does Brady and every other 19 year old. Dorion was right that he was a #1C, so kudos to him identifying that, he just didn't have the required patience, or, like you say, he knew he wasn't keeping the band together and thought it was the right decision. We all make mistakes, but I don't believe the context you claim makes much difference to calling it a poor decision.

I'll give you that they were further away from their soft rebuild than we are now, but the urgency to compete is similar and the quality of the bubble teams they were rolling out were at least comparable to what we see this year.

That all said, I also doubt they trade Pinto and my original comment was just for a laugh that landed us here, but having Norris and Stutzle ahead of him and a relatively short runway to his big payday, I worry Dorion could see it as a position to draw from to add a Dman. For the right guy, I'd actually be okay with that, but ya, definitely shouldn't ever even be in consideration for a player like Dumba, even with an extension attached.
I think that they gave up too soon on Zib, it proved not to be a good trade in terms of value, and Zib to his credit definitely took off in NY. I’m not going to argue that it was a good trade at this point, at all.

But he was a question mark for management, it was well discussed at the time regardless of people’s personal takes on it. My point is not to debate Zib, but simply to remind you that he was an ‘enigmatic’ player at the time with some question marks about his commitment. Again, this simply the situation at the time, not a supporting statement of this view of Zib. This is in no way similar to the views in Pinto ‘right now’ fair or not, true or not, smart or not. The two players are just not in comparable situations in terms of ‘issues’ surrounding a trade.

Same goes for needing a trade. I never said it was a dire need, I simply said that management thought that a trade was needed for a playoff performer to help put us over the top. The team was clearly making a push while we still had EK, and while it was a weak attempt (one only needs to remember who the owner was, the endless budget talk etc) it seems like it was a clear push to make the playoffs and perhaps win some rounds. This current team is moving at the speed of the young core, and no single trade is going to move that along faster, and Pubto is a pretty big part of that movement.

The fact that the whole scheme is debatable on its merit is besides the point. The simple fact is that the reasoning existed for ‘them’, the guys who make the trades. That is the only point I’m making, because it highlights the difference in team situations then and now, even if it’s just the perspective of the single man who’s job it is to decide these things.

I will give you that we did trade some futures for DBC to help bump the rebuild into the next stage, so that’s kind of analogous to a trade for a playoff boost, I guess the difference is that we definitely didn’t sacrifice assets, or make a bad trade for the future kind of thing. The guy we have is pretty much exactly in our window.

We don’t really need to worry about a Punto trade for a player like Dumba because we aren’t in a similar team situation where we’re looking for a piece to push us over the top in the playoffs, nor are there any question marks surrounding Pinto the rookie, at this time, that would lead PD to give up on him early.

Good chats, and of course PD could go ahead and shut the bed with a pinto for Dumba trade and this will have been a waste of time and I’ll be pissed like everyone else lol!

Reactions: bicboi64

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Talbot and a 2nd for Walker, not for Roy
Too much for Walker, obviously not enough for Roy.

Is there even any chance that Roy is dealt?

Dorion Live
Anything noteworthy?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anything noteworthy?

not really.
He speaks about Kleven some and his shot and his opportunities on the PP coming now.
Expectation is that Kleven will be coming when the year is out.
That's about all I can remember from it.

Also he is looking to improve the team on D and other areas .. did not specify

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We need a guy that can turn things over
A RHD that can control the puck, put up some points , has some experience in PO
When Giroux is going to retire and be replaced by Joseph
there's going to be a massive drop in points, leadership and FO wins

Basically says i dont want to use injuries as an excuse...then goes on a list of injuries and excuses...clown...shoulda won more based on analytics...blah blah blah...same old Pierre....lol
This season We are the most injured and unlucky team in modern era

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
There is no way in hell LA trades Matt Roy this season. They're in the playoff hunt and he's a big part of that. Talbot sucks so that wouldn't convince them otherwise lol.

Sean Walker is not an upgrade on anyone we currently have in the top-4 but if he was brought in to replace Holden, I'm all for that!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
There is no way in hell LA trades Matt Roy this season. They're in the playoff hunt and he's a big part of that. Talbot sucks so that wouldn't convince them otherwise lol.

Sean Walker is not an upgrade on anyone we currently have in the top-4 but if he was brought in to replace Holden, I'm all for that!

This all has big "Canucks trading for Zub" energy.

Reactions: Alex1234

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well he's not going to save his job not doing anything. I will assume that if he gets a trade done without increasing costs, the board will likely allow it.

There are tickets to be sold and all the good will built up over the summer is gone.

...and that's a scary thought. A desperate person making a trade where he can't increase costs feels like an easy way for him to lose a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki