Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think Greenway could be a good Formenton replacement if they are intent on trading him this off-season.

He's massive, skates well and has some talent. Could breakout in a similar way to Nichushkin if he puts it all together.
Bro don't do that, don't give me hope like that

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I think Greenway could be a good Formenton replacement if they are intent on trading him this off-season.

He's massive, skates well and has some talent. Could breakout in a similar way to Nichushkin if he puts it all together.

Seems more like a guy who could breakout in a similar way to Nick Paul.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Seems more like a guy who could breakout in a similar way to Nick Paul.

You could be right. Would be a more reasonable projection and one I'd think has a greater likelihood than Nichushkin.

But with Greenway a lot of his problems are between the ears, staying healthy and with his effort level and consistency, much like Nichushkin.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Not that I want Pinto traded but if Dorion is set on using him as a trade chip, might as well get someone with some term and lower caphit like Chychrun instead of Dumba who'll either leave in FA or end up costing more smh

If we did something as stupid as trading Pinto, it better F’ing be for a RD like Rasmussen Anderson and not a LD like Chychrun who is average defensively on his GOOD side.

Reactions: NB613

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Even you would have to admit that the circumstances of both player and team situations is very different.

I have no idea why people are running with this trading Pinto things. There is ZERO chance that we trade him for Dumba. If he was an option we would have used him to trade for Chychrun.
"Even you". Lol, love it. That was my least favourite Dorion move, so I'm not likely to ever speak highly of it.

Is it though? Pinto is not as highly touted as Zbad was, but in this hypothetical, you have a big, young, budding center with a big payday looming on the runway being dealt with a + for a veteran approaching 30 for a team looking to turn the corner/take the next step, or what have you. Using an area of strength and a young asset potentially deemed expendable for a position of weakness being filled with an imperfect solution mostly based on resume. We were a bubble team then and are at best a bubble team now, albeit younger now and in the midst of a full rebuild instead of a soft rebuild/retool.

That said, I agree, I doubt we see Pinto moved, especially for a guy like Dumba that's aging, in need of a contract likely to be inflated from resume, and has fallen out of favor on his current team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not that I want Pinto traded but if Dorion is set on using him as a trade chip, might as well get someone with some term and lower caphit like Chychrun instead of Dumba who'll either leave in FA or end up costing more smh
There is no universe that Pinto is traded for Dumba dont worry. He shouldnt be traded at all. He just needs to develop like most of this team.

Bro don't do that, don't give me hope like that
He doesnt play like Nichushkin he is a big grinder doesnt have the top end speed. He is like a younger Watson when he was effective.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Pierre Dorion is starting to feel the job uncertainty with a new boss coming in. There is no blockbuster trade he can do right now to save the season.

Only way I see him stick on is if the Melnyks retain like 5% and convince the other owners to give him another year to make playoffs

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Not sure how much sense Greenway makes, would definitely need to be in conjunction with a Joseph trade. He's a decent player though, if we can make it work he would be a decent add. Not sure if the cap would work for us to add him and a DMan, though.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I wouldn't mind a Greenway for Joseph swap straight up. Low risk lateral move and might scratch Dorion's itch to make a move to salvage the season. Hopefully another team trades for Dumba and saves us

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Greenway - Pinto - Joseph could be an interesting 3rd line if all of them can play at their top level. Bit of a hedge against Formenton going away forever.

You could argue it might not leave a ton of money for a D/G in the off-season but with Watson/Motte/Hamonic/Holden/Talbot potentially leaving as UFA's and Zaitsev hopefully on a rocket to the moon it gives a little more wiggle room assuming most of them are replaced with ELC's

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Damon Severson's name came up at the end of this. Marc thinks he's a good player and they type we want. He's a UFA .. likely an off season acquisition

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Damon Severson's name came up at the end of this. Marc thinks he's a good player and they type we want. He's a UFA .. likely an off season acquisition
See this is the issue with Dumba imo. Could he be a fit? Maybe, but I hate the idea of locking that decision in now, before the season is even over and the summer starts.

Could that mean we ultimately get nobody? Sure, but it's a risk I prefer over settling.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Severson is pretty gaffe prone.

Not what I would call a solidifying element but really more of the same if better offensively.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Severson is a defender that I've been mentioning as a good target since the summer. Goaltending is another need as well. I guess we'll see what happens and how much available cap plays into the situation.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Severson is pretty gaffe prone.

Not what I would call a solidifying element but really more of the same if better offensively.
Methot likes him.

There's a bunch of things that Senators need or could do: defense, Debrincat, goaltender. I don't know what will happen, but this summer will be interesting.

Reactions: aragorn

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Interesting. Mixed bag but Hamonic not doing so bad in this comparison (except GF & GA).

GF/GA stats favour Dumba, but maybe that reflects the difference between the Wild vs. the Senators?
It looks like Hamonic leads in expected goals for/against though?

I haven’t watched Dumba much, but just reading all the comments on here has me hoping he is not the move.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Interesting. Mixed bag but Hamonic not doing so bad in this comparison (except GF & GA).

GF/GA stats favour Dumba, but maybe that reflects the difference between the Wild vs. the Senators?
Would make sense. Haven't we underperformed our underlying advanced stats? We're not finishing our chances and we're giving up easy, deflating, ill-timed goals.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Would make sense. Haven't we underperformed our underlying advanced stats? We're not finishing our chances and we're giving up easy, deflating, ill-timed goals.
Hamonic stats looked pretty good versus Dumba except for the 2 that I mentioned (GF/GA). I thought maybe the team and the players he plays with might have some bearing on those specific stats. The shot based metrics (advanced stats) favored Hamonic for the most part.

Update - I'm not sure what the Senator 5 v 5 stats look like now (haven't checked). They weren't impressive before, but I haven't looked recently.

Last edited:

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
They just gotta have Chemistry with Sandy or Chabot

I don’t watch Minny but if Dumba is a healthy scratch because of his play that’s concerning

We need a solid number 4 dman and we’re good, top 3 are already here

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad