Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Can the board please take away the keys from Dorion being a buyer at the deadline.
He's brought it up again on a TVA sports interview. Not a seller. Not status quo. Could be buyers. Is what he said.

Some talk referencing Craig Button.. and possibly Pinto being being moved

Imagine trading Pinto lol. This teams biggest organization strength is its center depth which is the most important position to build from.

Gustavsson for Talbot he's learned nothing. Gustavsson's timeline lined up perfectly with the rest of the team.
Is this what it's going to be like until the trade deadline is over? Are we to just endure the thought of Dorion making a bonehead trade in a futile attempt to save his job?

Say it isn't so. Oh my shattered nerves. The joys of being a Senators fan.

:ha: :madfire:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Broo if Pinto is moved I'm done...

Can we just not even put that thought into the universe?

Moving Pinto would be a good FU to Sanderson, and our centre depth after it finally got restored. There is no reason to move the kid. His contract renewal will likely be cheap too because of lack of leverage. We have picks and prospects to upgrade our roster, not a f***ing core player.

Reactions: bert

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
With the talk of Sens being interested in Dumba, the Wild being frustrated by Greenway and the Sens scratching Joseph, easy to see a trade happening.

Dumba, Greenway for Joseph, Zaitsev and picks/prospects, then Minnesota trades the picks/prospects with Zaitsev and more assets to ARZ for Chychrun.

Our only hope is the Board vetoing a deal and refusing to let Dorion trade away futures in a desperate bid to save his job.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Imagine trading Pinto lol. This teams biggest organization strength is its center depth which is the most important position to build from.

Gustavsson for Talbot he's learned nothing. Gustavsson's timeline lined up perfectly with the rest of the team.

I hope Pinto is not the guy they are looking at moving. I did not hear specifically what Button said referencing Pinto.. but to get a top 4 D they will have to give up something of value. I just don't want Dorion making moves of this scale ahead of the sale. If you are going to move quality like Pinto, you need to be very sure of what you are getting back. Sens ability to evaluate D does not have a great track record. New Jersey went out and got 3 D in their starting 6 for a hell of a lot less than Pinto. This isn't like DeBrincat becoming available at the draft.. that eval was a no brainer. Whether the Sens can afford to keep him while improving their depth and their D and maybe their goaltending is another issue.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
With the talk of Sens being interested in Dumba, the Wild being frustrated by Greenway and the Sens scratching Joseph, easy to see a trade happening.

Dumba, Greenway for Joseph, Zaitsev and picks/prospects, then Minnesota trades the picks/prospects with Zaitsev and more assets to ARZ for Chychrun.

Our only hope is the Board vetoing a deal and refusing to let Dorion trade away futures in a desperate bid to save his job.
Lol no Minnesota is not adding a contract like joseph. And no the sens scratched him because of an internal off ice issue. Was never easy to see that happening. It also makes no sense for the sens to add Dumba.

Reactions: Sensators

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lol no Minnesota is not adding a contract like joseph. And no the sens scratched him because of an internal off ice issue. Was never easy to see that happening. It also makes no sense for the sens to add Dumba.

Joseph has a similar contract to Greenway, just with an extra year on his deal.

Yotes probably wouldn't have a problem taking him on in a Chychrun deal if the Wild didn't want him.

I agree Dumba isn't the solution at all, but if Dorion and our terrible pro scouting staff think he's still a top 4 RD then they'd disagree that it makes no sense to add him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Joseph has a similar contract to Greenway, just with an extra year on his deal.

Yotes probably wouldn't have a problem taking him on in a Chychrun deal if the Wild didn't want him.

I agree Dumba isn't the solution at all, but if Dorion and our terrible pro scouting staff think he's still a top 4 RD then they'd disagree that it makes no sense to add him.
Id love for the sens to replace Watson with Greenway. But not at the expense of Joseph at this point they need him to help solidify their depth.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Joseph is coming in on Friday

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

My man been hitting the bottle right at noon

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I feel like I'm crazy here... but I think the best move is a defense first wing for the third line that is at least competent 5v5. Maybe that guy is Greig, or Brassard, I dunno but I'd keep my eyes open for a guy. Top two lines are there. Pinto and Joseph with an addition for the 3rd line. Then you have a bevy of guys that can be effective 4th line guys.

Just gotta get JBD and Zub healthy the rest of the way and used properly in the top 4 with Sandy and Chabot.

Then hope our goaltending improves.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
lol, we are not trading Pinto.

Dont be crazy folks. If Pinto is traded, it'll be for an upper echelon proven D who is still good. Trading Pinto for Dumba when Marino was available would be worth never watching Sens again.
It would be like trading Zibanejad+ for Brassard. Nobody would ever do that though, so we good.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
lol, we are not trading Pinto.

Dont be crazy folks. If Pinto is traded, it'll be for an upper echelon proven D who is still good. Trading Pinto for Dumba when Marino was available would be worth never watching Sens again.

I agree that trading Pinto is unlikely and would be ridiculous, but I also don't trust this front office to properly judge who is or is not an "upper echelon, proven D who is still good".

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Not that I want Pinto traded but if Dorion is set on using him as a trade chip, might as well get someone with some term and lower caphit like Chychrun instead of Dumba who'll either leave in FA or end up costing more smh

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
My man been hitting the bottle right at noon

Did you miss the picks/prospects part?

Obviously we wouldn't get Dumba and Greenway for just Joseph and Zaitsev. Likely would be significant adds, possibly a protected 1st this year or next year included.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It would be like trading Zibanejad+ for Brassard. Nobody would ever do that though, so we good.
Even you would have to admit that the circumstances of both player and team situations is very different.

I have no idea why people are running with this trading Pinto things. There is ZERO chance that we trade him for Dumba. If he was an option we would have used him to trade for Chychrun.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Id love for the sens to replace Watson with Greenway. But not at the expense of Joseph at this point they need him to help solidify their depth.

I think Greenway could be a good Formenton replacement if they are intent on trading him this off-season.

He's massive, skates well and has some talent. Could breakout in a similar way to Nichushkin if he puts it all together.

Reactions: NB613 and bicboi64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad