Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
It's crazy how you'll crank up the hot take to continue telling the same story rather than just saying "maybe I'm wrong on this..."

So, now, not only are the players not pissed about losing but we also have a country club locker room. I can't wait to see what the next development is in this fairytale you're telling.

I don't know what to tell you, but they're certainly playing like a team that has a country club locker room.

Unless you think the players are working their asses off night in and night out and something else is at play (i.e. poor coaching/structure)?

Or we need to admit that some guys, like Chabot and Batherson, simply aren't top-end players like we thought they'd be?

Reactions: bicboi64

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How is it that everyone seems to have accepted that Joseph has broken team rules? Nobody has a clue why he is being scratched.

Since DJ alluded to him possibly not coming right back into the line up when he is healthy a week or so ago.. I would say he was conflicted to begin with. Did something happen to help him with his decision .. Who knows at this point. I hope he did something unforgiveable enough to justify sitting him out in front of 50 odd people coming in to see him and his brother play. I suspect most people see him as an upgrade on enough current bottom 6ers to get him in the lineup.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
How is it that everyone seems to have accepted that Joseph has broken team rules? Nobody has a clue why he is being scratched.

Sometimes the most logical answer is also the correct one. (this isn't in regards to a rule being broken per say, simply an off-ice issue)

Also, while it's still speculation, Ian is a respected media member who (probably) doesn't put this out willy nilly.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well considering how DJ respects his players I doubt Joseph is being scratched in front of 50 friends and family for wearing briefs instead of boxers.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Sometimes the most logical answer is also the correct one. (this isn't in regards to a rule being broken per say, simply an off-ice issue)

Also, while it's still speculation, Ian is a respected media member who (probably) doesn't put this out willy nilly.

Again, even Ian has no clue why he's being scratched. It's just Ian speculating.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Scratching Joseph when he's playing against his brother, his family that is seeing the two brothers playing each other for the first time is a dick move.

Scratching him when he's better than most of the plugs we have in the bottom 6 is just...

Unless of course Dorion thinks he can get a good return for him, even then, let him play and up his value

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Because DJ would never treat his boys unfairly. :sarcasm:
Do people really believe that a coach like DJ who never ever talks poorly about his team or players. Who was a lunch pale player would ever have different rules for different players on his team when it comes to off ice? People complain he is too loyal then talk out of the side of their mouth and suggest this. It simply is not the case with people like him. Its simply not the case in hockey in general.

This board is sad and frantic right now.

Well considering how DJ respects his players I doubt Joseph is being scratched in front of 50 friends and family for wearing briefs instead of boxers.
Thank you. Also another reason why the team hasn't said anything and is refusing to comment. You keep this kind of thing in house.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you, but they're certainly playing like a team that has a country club locker room.

Unless you think the players are working their asses off night in and night out and something else is at play (i.e. poor coaching/structure)?

Or we need to admit that some guys, like Chabot and Batherson, simply aren't top-end players like we thought they'd be?
You are way too emotionally invested in something you have no control over.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Do people really believe that a coach like DJ who never ever talks poorly about his team or players. Who was a lunch pale player would ever have different rules for different players on his team when it comes to off ice? People complain he is too loyal then talk out of the side of their mouth and suggest this. It simply is not the case with people like him. Its simply not the case in hockey in general.

This board is sad and frantic right now.

Thank you. Also another reason why the team hasn't said anything and is refusing to comment. You keep this kind of thing in house.

You have absolutely no clue; hence the sarcasm in my post.
None of us know the reason why Joseph was scratched. Could it be because he did something wrong? Hopefully. That being said, DJ could just have easily thought he wasn't ready to play a game without more practices. The point is it is an inopportune time for Joseph to be scratched, hence the "frantic" nature of some posters. Trust me no one actually cares why he was scratched. You should know that they want DJ out; they're just inpatient.

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If it's violation of team policy, I'm guessing something like out past curfew; with friends and family flying in for the game, temptation might have been there to catch up with friends.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I love all this 'I get the sense' stuff from the tweetnut gallery. Like it somehow legitimizes it over outright saying 'pulling this idea out my ass, but I think...'. You. All. Don't. Know. Shit.

Wish these journalists would instead try to dig into why this team sucks cocknballz and what the mgmt's plan to stop sucking out loud night in night out might be.

Reactions: slamigo and bert

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I love all this 'I get the sense' stuff from the tweetnut gallery. Like it somehow legitimizes it over outright saying 'pulling this idea out my ass, but I think...'. You. All. Don't. Know. Shit.

Wish these journalists would instead try to dig into why this team sucks cocknballz and what the mgmt's plan to stop sucking out loud night in night out might be.
If Mendez says it, he thinks it is a possibility. When no one is talking, he is free to opine.

He hasn't said it was anything serious, just that he gets the feeling it may not be hockey related.

Ian Mendez is the only Sens media guy who built up real hard credibility. Once you get to that stage, you get to openly opine like he just did.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have no idea why Joseph is being scratched but maybe Joseph is part of a trade & is scratched so not to get hurt? At this point it could be anything. We do know that no one seems to want Zaitsev & getting rid of him seems to have turned out to be next to impossible. And there are at least 5 other guys in the bottom six & on defence that they may not be able to move either or no one wants, Joseph at least is really fast.

Joseph & Thomson for Dumba?

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
I have no idea why Joseph is being scratched but maybe Joseph is part of a trade & is scratched so not to get hurt? At this point it could be anything. We do know that no one seems to want Zaitsev & getting rid of him seems to have turned out to be next to impossible. And there are at least 5 other guys in the bottom six & on defence that they may not be able to move either or no one wants, Joseph at least is really fast.

Minnesota wouldn't
Joseph & Thomson or Dumba?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
You are way too emotionally invested in something you have no control over.

Lol not really. It’s sports, sometimes teams suck and players aren’t as good as you thought they’d be. Right now, we suck. Many of our players are playing terribly. Some might turn it around. Others might not.

I’d say the posters who try to justify every loss or poor move are the ones too emotionally invested. Just call it like it is.

One day it’ll change. I’m a diehard Bills fan. We sucked for years. We don’t now. It’s a lot more fun to not suck.

That’ll happen for the Sens too. Maybe in 2 years. Maybe in 5.

But right now, we suck. DJ is a bad coach. Dorion is a worse GM. Chabot is not good. Batherson has regressed. We don’t have an identity. The locker room is not great. It is what it is.

Last edited:

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
This is wild. It's incredible to me that news of a bottom six plug that gets scratched puts a bee in so many of your bonnets.

When is the last time some of you have touched grass?

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
4 points for Karlsson in a comeback win from 3-0 down.

we add Karlsson we are contenders. simple as that.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
If it's violation of team policy, I'm guessing something like out past curfew; with friends and family flying in for the game, temptation might have been there to catch up with friends.
Do players have curfews when they’re not on the road? Genuine question, I have no idea.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
4 points for Karlsson in a comeback win from 3-0 down.

we add Karlsson we are contenders. simple as that.
Not gonna happen but my oh my the show we would witness

-RHD not as bad defensively as other fanbases potray him

-Control the puck like few in the league
(With our top 6 and Chabot Sanderson possession would be our strenght)

-Offensive production of Brady + Sanderson (thats crazy)

But dreaming aside we should really go hard after N Jensen in the summer

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad