Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Joseph likely back in on Friday.

Maybe he partied with his family two nights ago. Came back late. Up early this morning. Maybe super hungover pissed the coach off? I dono.

If he’s healthy scratched AGAIN theeeeeeen maybe shit is a little more serious than that

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Can the board please take away the keys from Dorion being a buyer at the deadline.
He's brought it up again on a TVA sports interview. Not a seller. Not status quo. Could be buyers. Is what he said.

Some talk referencing Craig Button.. and possibly Pinto being being moved

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Can the board please take away the keys from Dorion being a buyer at the deadline.
He's brought it up again on a TVA sports interview. Not a seller. Not status quo. Could be buyers. Is what he said.

Dorion should already be on the chopping block but if Pinto or Greig are moved for a guy like Dumba he needs to be investigated for some kind of kickback scheme.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I'm fine with moving Pinto if the return is adequate.

• Haha
Reactions: Sun God Nika

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

What's his track record since the owner died? Seems like once the handcuffs were removed he's been able to do his job in a more consistent and positive way.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'd still be scared to move Pinto because the C depth after the top-3 is pretty bad (unless Greig is a for sure C) but for a top-four RD under 26 under contract you'd have to at least be open to the possibility.

It wouldn't make this team a playoff team overnight, but Chychrun or Marino instead of Pinto makes us a better team in the short/medium term.

Reactions: NB613

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Jury is still out on that imo. Don't expect you to agree.. Do me a favor and don't @ME
You know where that feature is, don't be afraid to use it if you feel that strongly. You can come down from your pedestal now and stop pretending you're above this kind of exchange. I would have a lot more respect for some of you if you just said "you know what? I just wanna be miserable about this f***ing season and I don't care about having a reasonable conversation". Would be great for some of you to just own your feelings instead of pretending to have this holier than thou attitude, like you're tired of having the same conversations on a message board you come back to every day.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm fine with moving Pinto if the return is adequate.
That “if” is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence.

I'd still be scared to move Pinto because the C depth after the top-3 is pretty bad (unless Greig is a for sure C) but for a top-four RD under 26 under contract you'd have to at least be open to the possibility.

It wouldn't make this team a playoff team overnight, but Chychrun or Marino instead of Pinto makes us a better team in the short/medium term.
I brought up in the summer with the chycrun talks that if management really believes that both greig and pinto are long term 3C then one of them has to be on the block for a serious D man.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
PD is going to do everything he can to leave a favourable impression with the new ownership group.
He is fighting for his job and he knows that his position is being evaluated with every move....or lack of!

Reactions: NB613

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
IF Pinto is moved, I sure hope its for something good. Not sure how moving a good, young & inexpensive player like Pinto makes any sense unless its the return is legitimately good.

Even if we improve and start winning more, what's the best case scenario in terms of results? I'd guess we'd move from the 25th overall seed to maybe the 22nd or possibly 21st seed. I think that's about it realistically based on the standings and knowing how hard it really is to leapfrog multiple teams.

Does Dorion believe he can save his job? What about our board? What are they thinking and what is their motivation?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
PD is going to do everything he can to leave a favourable impression with the new ownership group.
He is fighting for his job and he knows that his position is being evaluated with every move....or lack of!
its too late for that

they will bring in their own people

Reactions: bert

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
giphy.gif

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Imagine trading Pinto lol. This teams biggest organization strength is its center depth which is the most important position to build from.

If Pinto is moved it just means Pierre has learned nothing over the years ffs
Gustavsson for Talbot he's learned nothing. Gustavsson's timeline lined up perfectly with the rest of the team.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
So he’s played that poorly that he’s getting healthy scratched? Makes sense we’d have interest

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Sens have 3.5M in capspace. It should be used one way or another.

I say use it to buy a draft pick. for example.

Patrick kane is 10M caphit.

Chicago Retains 5M

Ottawa would then retain 2.5M and get a 1st for doing so.

a conder gets Kane around 2.5M

Ottawa then uses that first in the offseason as currency to say unload zaitsev or improve the roster in another way.

Eugene would never, but he ain't here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You know where that feature is, don't be afraid to use it if you feel that strongly. You can come down from your pedestal now and stop pretending you're above this kind of exchange. I would have a lot more respect for some of you if you just said "you know what? I just wanna be miserable about this f***ing season and I don't care about having a reasonable conversation". Would be great for some of you to just own your feelings instead of pretending to have this holier than thou attitude, like you're tired of having the same conversations on a message board you come back to every day.
You do a lot of projecting against people you don't come close to knowing, Not looking for respect or even replies from you if I did not make that clear enough. "come down from your pedestal" This is a personal attack which has absolutely no foundation. Just you being you attacking posters. It would be great if you discontinued your personal attacks as this is where 90% of your conversations end up. That's why I politely asked you not to @ME. Which you seem not to be able to comprehend or handle with any level of maturity.

Reactions: Tuna99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad