Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Soooo….what would you trade right now today for Kane and Connor Murphy?

2023 1st
Thomson
Wash 2nd
Joseph
Zaitsev

DeBrincat Stuzle Kane
Tkachuk Norris Giroux
Mott Pinto Batherson
Kastelic

Chabot Zub
Sanderson Murphy
Branny Hamonic

Drop Grieg into Motts spot next year.
Mott down with Kastelic and Crookshank :)
I don't watch much of Murphy but is he a legitimate top 4? Otherwise it's a rental for Kane to maybe make the playoffs

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Who do you trade for a top 4 RD?
What is this approximate cap of that RD?
1st rounder, Greig , Thomson, JBD, Boucher can all be available for a trade if needed

Which defensemen has gone for a debrincat type player?

Marino went for Smith and a pick

Trading Cat to get a RD is creating a hole to fill another. Sign Zub first and then add a 2nd pairing defensemen

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We don’t really need more prospects though. sign cat and we are good in our top 6 for the next 5 years atleast

Bruce is very connected with the sens and clearly has a direct line with them

Odd to say otherwise

Also why no giroux ? We have space
Garrioch was Melnyk’s guy for getting out info he wanted in the public realm. Garrioch has been guessing since Melnyk died, he’s been way off numerous times.

Also why no giroux ? We have space
If we had kept Brown we wouldn’t have Giroux. People will argue that is was possible but it actually wasn’t.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Garrioch was Melnyk’s guy for getting out info he wanted in the public realm. Garrioch has been guessing since Melnyk died, he’s been way off numerous times.
Bruce def has a strong ties to dorion

You don't get that kinda access without knowing the top management guys

If we had kept Brown we wouldn’t have Giroux. People will argue that is was possible but it actually wasn’t.
its possible

Reactions: NB613

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
1st rounder, Greig , Thomson, JBD, Boucher can all be available for a trade if needed

Which defensemen has gone for a debrincat type player?

Marino went for Smith and a pick

Trading Cat to get a RD is creating a hole to fill another. Sign Zub first and then add a 2nd pairing defensemen
Zub is your 1RD so likely 5.5M Cat 9M 2RD at 4-5 M
Then the year after Sandman and a goalie
Its getting tight
when you lose G you have to find a PPG RW at 6.5 etc
Anyway hope Cat and Zub want to come back
If not ,were in deep shwit

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
So no Giroux ?

I think we were always going to get Giroux. Miracles do happen.

Connor Brown is a professional he is def not the type of player who would slack off till free agency/ If anyhing he would want to cash in big. I would have used that to my advantage. We have seen other players ask for trades such as debrusk and tarasenko who teams keep and have a great season

I still feel like it’s a different situation though. Reduced ice time in the most important contract year of your career is not smart for the player. If we don’t sign G he’s still here but we lucked out and then cashed in.

Plus if we did keep him we have no cap room and less assets to acquire a D man.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think we were always going to get Giroux. Miracles do happen.

I still feel like it’s a different situation though. Reduced ice time in the most important contract year of your career is not smart for the player. If we don’t sign G he’s still here but we lucked out and then cashed in.

Plus if we did keep him we have no cap room and less assets to acquire a D man.
We have cap space

Playing brown as the 3rd RW is not a bad position to be in and would instantly move up with injury or batherson struggling

The team has control of him in that situation and should have used that to their advantage

Brown has plenty of time to put up points after the deadline and in the playoffs like Paul did

Zub is your 1RD so likely 5.5M Cat 9M 2RD at 4-5 M
Then the year after Sandman and a goalie
Its getting tight
when you lose G you have to find a PPG RW at 6.5 etc
Anyway hope Cat and Zub want to come back
If not ,were in deep shwit
5.5 is too much for Zub he is def not shown to be worth that much. 5 should be the high cap for him

Also yes the cap get tight but the numbers can work. By the time giroux retires we lose depth sure but hopefully pinto is more established by then

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We have cap space

Playing brown as the 3rd RW is not a bad position to be in and would instantly move up with injury or batherson struggling

The team has control of him in that situation and should have used that to their advantage

Brown has plenty of time to put up points after the deadline and in the playoffs like Paul did

5.5 is too much for Zub he is def not shown to be worth that much

Also yes the cap get tight but the numbers can work. By the time giroux retires we lose depth sure but hopefully pinto is more established by then
Then you lose him
He'll get 5.5 somewhere else
Our last sequence of losses proved how important he is

Also Pinto is still your 3rd center
Doesn't address the loss of Giroux

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Then you lose him
He'll get 5.5 somewhere else
Our last sequence of losses proved how important he is

Also Pinto is still your 3rd center
Doesn't address the loss of Giroux
I doubt Zub is pulling in 5.5 on the free market players around his range probably get 5 max esp without that offensive production.

Also sucking has a lot more to do with depth then Zub we don’t have anyone other capable guys to play making Zub much more important . Hopefully we add another defensmen this year and we can evaluate where Zub stands

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Am I missing something? It reads as though you're greatly undervaluing the importance of a top-4 defensemen. You realize we've been running guys like J.Brown, Zaitsev, Mete, Holden, Brannstrom, a plethora of AHL guys, Del Zotto, and the list goes on and on with guys of a similar ilk in a top-4 role.

We as a team and INCREDIBLY fortunate that a young 20 year old has been able to play like a top-4 defensemen this season or else we'd be in more trouble then we already are.

Yes young guys have question marks but it's not like there aren't question marks when it comes to the contract negotiations of DeBrincat. Sure he's an RFA right now but it'll be very soon where he's either a soon-to-be UFA or potentially the highest paid Ottawa Senator.

I would much much rather a young top-4 dman with contract control over Cat being the highest paid guy on this team OR seeing him leave this team for nothing/very little.
Okay like whom.

Yeah I know they’re important. But what are you looking for a top pairing young guy? This don’t get traded. We don’t need some young stud. We need a good second pairing guy lol… debrincats don’t get traded for good second pairing guys.

Seems to you want a pretty special player. Already top 4 d man young a cost controlled that would garner a debrincat like return….I mean…. Yes would be great to have 4 juggernauts on the backend but unlikely and also not needed.

Again

You can keep both cat and get a top 4

Why do you please keep thinking otherwise
Because bad things must happen. Everyone must not want to re sign.

It’s also the logic of debrincat won’t re sign. And we need a top 4 d. So it’s an easy hypoethical swap.

Its the 2024-25 season that the Senators have to keep their eye on when Sanderson will need a new contract. They need to leave themselves cap space for that. So, if they want to sign one or two RDs perhaps next year, plus Pinto and a 1b goalie, they'll still need to do that while accommodating whatever Sanderson will get.
We’re not going out and getting two RD. You guys seem to have this fantasy of having 6 reallly reeeeaaallllyyy good defenseman. It ain’t happening. No team has it. We need a reliable guy who meshes with Sanderson.

Remember girouxs 6.5 comes off the year after too. There’s tons of money to go around.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Who do you trade for a top 4 RD?
What is this approximate cap of that RD?
I have a post of all other teams doing well and who their 4th d are. Not many superstars. And when those players were acquired by trade if they were, the team didn’t give up debrincat level packages to acquire them.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
We’re not going out and getting two RD. You guys seem to have this fantasy of having 6 reallly reeeeaaallllyyy good defenseman. It ain’t happening. No team has it. We need a reliable guy who meshes with Sanderson.

Remember girouxs 6.5 comes off the year after too. There’s tons of money to go around.
Nobody said anything about 6 really good defenseman. Giroux salary comes off in 2025-26. There was a post in that Karlsson thread that went over 2024-25 numbers.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Nobody said anything about 6 really good defenseman. Giroux salary comes off in 2025-26. There was a post in that Karlsson thread that went over 2024-25 numbers.
I would bet we either sign zub or one of the kids is promoted. And then a rd I acquired. I prefer signing zub. Because I don’t trust jbd or thomson at the moment

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Ummm…hello

I’m imagining G right now staring down Patrick when he arrives in the room. Paddy walks up to G and Giroux says “You owe me for 2010.”

To which Patrick responds “How about a three-peat?”

G smiles. They hug. Dynasty.

Reactions: Dionysus and Bileur

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
OK, just for argument's sake, assume the Sens keep this winning run going another week or two.

What about Boeser for Norris + something, + high picks only if he fails to play 82 games in the next 2 seasons total.

Gives us a shot this year, lowers salary for the next 2 seasons (Boeser gets $6.65M/season vs $7.95M for Norris) when we need to sign some others, can pay him better in 2 seasons when Giroux is off the books, and if Norris's shoulder is an ongoing issue, we would have needed to do something to replace him anyways. We need a size center in the top 6 to do well in the playoffs too, and either it will be Pinto or someone else.

Boeser wants out, Canucks can tank for a top pick this year. And trading Boeser at the deadline would yield likely mostly picks for the Canucks anyways, after giving up 2+ months of tanking for this great draft class.

Maybe even get Myers in the deal too...

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
OK, just for argument's sake, assume the Sens keep this winning run going another week or two.

What about Boeser for Norris + something, + high picks only if he fails to play 82 games in the next 2 seasons total.

Gives us a shot this year, lowers salary for the next 2 seasons (Boeser gets $6.65M/season vs $7.95M for Norris) when we need to sign some others, can pay him better in 2 seasons when Giroux is off the books, and if Norris's shoulder is an ongoing issue, we would have needed to do something to replace him anyways. We need a size center in the top 6 to do well in the playoffs too, and either it will be Pinto or someone else.
Boeser for Norris +? Hmm no thanks

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Boeser wants out, Canucks can tank for a top pick this year. And trading Boeser at the deadline would yield likely mostly picks for the Canucks anyways, after giving up 2+ months of tanking for this great draft class.

What are you smoking ?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Boeser is a walking band aid at this point. And his foot speed is dropping like a rock.

His value is a helluva lot lower than it was 2-3 years ago.

Reactions: Big Muddy and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Sens are adding?!? Boeser is not a good player. Invisible even when scoring.

I'd do Kane + Murphy for Batherson + Zaitsev + small addons (picks/prospects).

edit: nvm Murphy sucks.
Kane is a ufa are you serious?!?!?! What is going on around here. The sens core is all 25 and under except giroux and they're sitting 13th in the conference. Stop this nonsense. Have some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad