Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Dumba of 2 years ago and without his latest injury sure.

Dumba of the last 2 years after he suffered that injury, hell no.

Once again we are 3-4 years late on our pro scouting assessment on players and only acquiring the player on name alone, instead of merit and recent play. The same thing we did with Hamonic.

This pro scouting team is like 3 years behind or something.
They just look at the notes from the scouting report....from the year the player was drafted.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I have a hard time believing we'd be getting Dumba as a rental. Probably makes sense, depending on what we give up, if we can extend him. I'd probably be fine with trading Batherson if we can finally have four top 4 dmen.

He's a proven top 4 and we need one now: our window to compete for a playoff spot is open.

EDIT: seems Dumba has declined in the last few years. If he's a bigger and slightly better Brannstrom, then yeah, hard pass.
If we gave up Batherson to make room for Dumba, I’d seriously consider packing it in…lol

• Haha
Reactions: jhutter and Loach

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Before making a panic move, I hope DJ gets the firing.

I'd be fine with Dumba on the team with an extension in place, don't trust Dorion to give up a price that works our way. He already gave the Wild capspace with the Talbot acquisition, should've at least gotten a draft pick given how madly Minny needed cap flexibility. Unless he can finesse a Zaitsev + B prospect for Dumba, nah

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Before making a panic move, I hope DJ gets the firing.

I'd be fine with Dumba on the team with an extension in place, don't trust Dorion to give up a price that works our way. He already gave the Wild capspace with the Talbot acquisition, should've at least gotten a draft pick given how madly Minny needed cap flexibility. Unless he can finesse a Zaitsev + B prospect for Dumba, nah
DJ isn’t getting fired while PD is around. They kept him during the November debacle.

I want the team to stay as is. That’ll guarantee a top 10 pick and we’ll have new coaching and management to look forward to. I’ll leave the big moves up to the big boys.

Reactions: ksens

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I honestly feel like we could get through this season with what he have on D, if the right coach was in place.

In the end of October I said 1 of 2 things must happen to salvage the season:

Aquire a legit top 4 RD or replace DJ. None of those transpired.

The legit top 4 D would have brought extra balance to what we have on the backend and give us a competent top 4 and bottom pair. Would have propelled us even over the weird-style hockey we playing. The other coach would have gotten more out of our guys and team and provided a better structure/motivational-style.

Reactions: jhutter and slamigo

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If DJ is not going to be fired, then can we let go Capuano who is responsible for the D? I don't understand how Dumba is going to fix our defensive issue. That's not his forte.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If we gave up Batherson to make room for Dumba, I’d seriously consider packing it in…lol
Yeah I hadn't realized Dumba had declined so much recently. He was considered rock solid for a while.

I've never been all that high on Batherson, I'd trade him for a signed legit top 4 D in a heartbeat.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yeah I hadn't realized Dumba had declined so much recently. He was considered rock solid for a while.

I've never been all that high on Batherson, I'd trade him for a signed legit top 4 D in a heartbeat.
dont need to give someone of batherson caliber to get one though

no idea why the sens are linked with a UFA to be defensemen. Better off waiting till the summer comes and get marino type pickup

the sens don't need a 6mill+ defensemen they need a reliable 2nd pairing guy who can play with sanderson

it is not as hard to get as pierre makes it out to be

Reactions: NB613

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
dont need to give someone of batherson caliber to get one though

no idea why the sens are linked with a UFA to be defensemen. Better off waiting till the summer comes and get marino type pickup

the sens don't need a 6mill+ defensemen they need a reliable 2nd pairing guy who can play with sanderson

it is not as hard to get as pierre makes it out to be

Looking back Marino would have been perfect. That's the type of D we need.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So you want to trade for a defenseman huh?
Apparently this is a list of Defensemen traded for by the Ottawa Senators since 2014 which coincides with Jim Clarke as director of Professional scouting.

I have not vetted but could not think of any others.. I know there have been UFAs acquired not on this list.
Needless to say its not a flattering list.

Reactions: NB613

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Apparently this is a list of Defensemen traded for by the Ottawa Senators since 2014 which coincides with Jim Clarke as director of Professional scouting.

I have not vetted but could not think of any others.. I know there have been UFAs acquired not on this list.

You dive dumpsters, you come up with trash.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

You get the picture.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Maybe Jim Clark should have stuck to F1:

1673475445281.png

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Jesus. I can't believe the team is actually showing interest in acquiring Dumba. If our scouts have watched him play live this and last season and honestly believe he'd be useful on this team with this coach, there needs to be a serious house cleaning when new ownership is finalized.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

This is such a shitty and disingenuous argument. How many of these were actually brought in to be a top 4 defenseman and were not a cap dump? Zero? Oh....

Also, why don't you list what we gave up (and also received) in order to acquire these defensemen?

Phaneuf was a cap dump and served well on the second pair in 2017
Kevin was a throw-in in the Lazar trade which also sent an AHL scrub to Calgary, was never meant to be more than a #8
DeMelo was a throw-in (he was just signed as a UFA) in the Karlsson trade that panned out very well, flipped him for a 3rd
Goloubef literal AHL for AHL player trade (we traded Paul Caery, whoever tf that is)
Brannstrom is a polarizing player. I stay out of that debate. I think he's somewhere between the two extremes.
Zaitsev was cap dump. We got solid years out of Brown. Zaitsev still showed he's a serviceable bottom pair when he returned from the AHL
Reilly was decent here, only cost us a 5th. We then flipped him for a 3rd.
J. Brown was never meant to be more than a depth guy. Cost us a 4th, got a 5th
Gudbranson was fine and gave us a good pro / big body presence during Norris/Stutzle rookie season. Only cost us a 5th, and got a 7th back.
Coburn was cap dump that literally gave us a 2th round pick, a far better asset than any we gave away on the 4 players listed above this.
Holden was a great move, we managed to dump Dadonov and even gained a 3rd round pick.
Hamonic only cost us a 3rd and has been a warrior for us this season. Absolutely no issue there.

The vast majority of these were bargain bin hole plugs that cost us almost nothing through the depths of the rebuild.

Also, I find it utterly ridiculous that Brannstrom is on this "pro scouting" list when he was acquired at 19yrs old, but you deliberately exclude Artem Zub who was acquired at 25. It's pretty clear you have your agenda and narrative that you want to keep pushing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is such a shitty and disingenuous argument. How many of these were actually brought in to be a top 4 defenseman and were not a cap dump? Zero? Oh....

Also, why don't you list what we gave up (and also received) in order to acquire these defensemen?

Phaneuf was a cap dump and served well on the second pair in 2017
Kevin was a throw-in in the Lazar trade which also sent an AHL scrub to Calgary, was never meant to be more than a #8
DeMelo was a throw-in (he was just signed as a UFA) in the Karlsson trade that panned out very well, flipped him for a 3rd
Goloubef literal AHL for AHL player trade (we traded Paul Caery, whoever tf that is)
Brannstrom is a polarizing player. I stay out of that debate. I think he's somewhere between the two extremes.
Zaitsev was cap dump. We got solid years out of Brown. Zaitsev still showed he's a serviceable bottom pair when he returned from the AHL
Reilly was decent here, only cost us a 5th. We then flipped him for a 3rd.
J. Brown was never meant to be more than a depth guy. Cost us a 4th, got a 5th
Gudbranson was fine and gave us a good pro / big body presence during Norris/Stutzle rookie season. Only cost us a 5th, and got a 7th back.
Coburn was cap dump that literally gave us a 2th round pick, a far better asset than any we gave away on the 4 players listed above this.
Holden was a great move, we managed to dump Dadonov and even gained a 3rd round pick.
Hamonic only cost us a 3rd and has been a warrior for us this season. Absolutely no issue there.

The vast majority of these were bargain bin hole plugs that cost us almost nothing through the depths of the rebuild.

Also, I find it utterly ridiculous that Brannstrom is on this "pro scouting" list when he was acquired at 19yrs old, but you deliberately exclude Artem Zub who was acquired at 25. It's pretty clear you have your agenda and narrative that you want to keep pushing.
Its not my list there bucko. Traded for.. Zub was a FA so there is that. Brannstrom was in the AHL .. that is under Pro Scouting vs Amateur Scouting which scouts well.. amateurs. Just sharing a tweet... Go off on the guy who tweeted it.
I take it you don't like it.

These defensemen were acquired via trade that's all. Do you have an example of a Dman acquired via trade that would make us all feel better about the talent acquired.

For the record . I like the Demelo and Holden trade acquisitions regardless of how you describe them
What is the agenda and narrative I keep pushing. and where have I been pushing it? Please provide an example.

I said it was not flattering.... Bad me. I guess you find it flattering . Good You.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Pretty obvious looking at this list that the Sens pro scouting staff doesn't value hockey IQ or puck-moving ability in defensemen.

The smartest puckmover of the bunch is DeMelo and he was basically a throw-in in the EK deal, and was subsequently traded away even though he was young-ish and we had absolutely no one at RD at the time besides him and Zaitsev.

Still a lot of that has to do with the coach. DJ loves physical defensive D, which not coincidentally was the kind of D he was back when he played.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Could add Sieloff, I think he only played one game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad