Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Only way Dumba makes sense is if it comes with an extension . So many factors , does he want to come here?, what kind of contract is he expecting? How much is the Ottawa premium ?

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Provorov is not what he was promised to be

Why. Do you think dumba is very good?

Dumba has been on the block for the right price forever. Seems like wild don’t think he’s that great but know other GMs may be sucked into thinking he is
If we pull the trigger on Dumba, someone going to be fired for being dumber

Reactions: NB613

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Dumba has been on the block for the right price forever. Seems like wild don’t think he’s that great but know other GMs may be sucked into thinking he is
I'm not saying anything about Dumba in this post, but the Wild have been having cap issues with the Parise and Suter buyouts. They moved Fiala last year as well. And, to be clear, I am not saying I would like Dumba on the Senators.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
A Dumba to Ottawa rumour gives me shutters. Such a panic move for no reason. I can already picture the scenario of us giving some sneaky decent prospect for him (Kleven) + and then him having a solid second half of the season due to the adrenaline of being on a new team.

As a result Dorion will give some him some annoying mid length extension for more money then he's worth and we'll be in cap hell with players that don't win you Stanley Cups.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I cant see how we add Dumba without moving Batherson or Debrincat.

@Pain, I should clarify: I don't see how we could afford Dumba on the team next year without moving one of those two (and I think that would be a horrible decision)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sun God Nika

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
If hes a UFA it wont be hard to acquire him probably a couple of picks. For cap space Im sure it will be a 3 way tradw where we can dump zaitsev to another team

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I like Dumba, dont know about that contract situation though

Getting a rental makes no sense,

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I think we just have to ride this out - as painful and slow that may sound.

We are what we are. No single player is going to come in and put us on a .800 point pace. Not even EK.

We get to the trade deadline firmly out of playoff contention and move Hamonic, Watson, Holden, Talbot if they find another goalie.

We might get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th for that motley bunch. Would really help push for a RD in the off-season or up in the draft.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

We are what we are. No single player is going to come in and put us on a .800 point pace. Not even EK.

We get to the trade deadline firmly out of playoff contention and move Hamonic, Watson, Holden, Talbot if they find another goalie.

We might get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th for that motley bunch.
Would really help push for a RD in the off-season or up in the draft.
There's literally a 0% chance. Watson and Holden are basically washed. Hamonic is a #6/#7 for a contender, so he would never be eligible for that kind of return. And goalies never get big returns at the deadline because any team that's playing well and trying to bolster their roster usually doesn't need urgent help at the goaltending position.

Reactions: DrEasy and cudi

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

We might get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th for that motley bunch. Would really help push for a RD in the off-season or up in the draft.

its a bit early to be this drunk

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I have a hard time believing we'd be getting Dumba as a rental. Probably makes sense, depending on what we give up, if we can extend him. I'd probably be fine with trading Batherson if we can finally have four top 4 dmen.

He's a proven top 4 and we need one now: our window to compete for a playoff spot is open.

EDIT: seems Dumba has declined in the last few years. If he's a bigger and slightly better Brannstrom, then yeah, hard pass.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

You mean: a 3rd (for Talbot), a 4th or 5th (for Hamonic), and pretty much nothing for Watson and Holden.

Reactions: Pinto Bean

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If we go out and pay much of anything for a ufa rental like Dumba, I'll take that as a sign that Dorion is feeling the heat of this summer's new ownership assessment.

Reactions: Loach

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Wild fans don't think very highly of Dumba. I think he'd be a good fit, even if he walks, for a 3rd + prospect. I don't see him as a long term fix, but it would definitley help our lacklustre defense that we have now and help us get out of the Bedard sweepstakes.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Dumba of 2 years ago and without his latest injury sure.

Dumba of the last 2 years after he suffered that injury, hell no.

Once again we are 3-4 years late on our pro scouting assessment on players and only acquiring the player on name alone, instead of merit and recent play. The same thing we did with Hamonic.

This pro scouting team is like 3 years behind or something.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Wild fans don't think very highly of Dumba. I think he'd be a good fit, even if he walks, for a 3rd + prospect. I don't see him as a long term fix, but it would definitley help our lacklustre defense that we have now and help us get out of the Bedard sweepstakes.
They're tied with Philly at 9 points out of the last WC spot, with 4 teams between them and Pittsburgh holding that spot, and no games in hand.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really warming up to the idea of having a lottery ticket for Bedard this year over coming up short of the playoffs.

Reactions: OD99 and bicboi64

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Dumba of 2 years ago and without his latest injury sure.

Dumba of the last 2 years after he suffered that injury, hell no.

Once again we are 3-4 years late on our pro scouting assessment on players and only acquiring the player on name alone, instead of merit and recent play. The same thing we did with Hamonic.

This pro scouting team is like 3 years behind or something.

which is why i 100% believe they're in on him

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dumba is not going to happen . Dorion is just doing his due diligence inquiring on any and all RDs. (Pretending he could make a move)

As a rental he makes no sense. He'll want to cash in on his last contract and he isn't what he once was in terms of effectiveness.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad