Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
We have eyes, we can differtiate his play from that of his linemates. He's often looked like the least effective on his line despite linemates being overslotted.
Can you though? Not trying to be a smartass but it's hard to scream the 3rd line is ineffective when it's staffed all the time with guys that shouldn't be on it.

Kinda like last year's pp2. No one in it should have been on an NHL PP other than perhaps white

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I missed the start of this debate. How are we planning to acquire Duclair? Not saying we can't or shouldn't necessarily, but it would depend very much on the return.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I missed the start of this debate. How are we planning to acquire Duclair? Not saying we can't or shouldn't necessarily, but it would depend very much on the return.
It was a proposal a while back for a three way deal that appeared to be primarily about dumping Zaitsev with Brannstrom going with him as sweetener, but it flipped Joseph for Duclair as well under the assumption that Brannstrom was getting pushed out anyways for JBD.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I didn't say he was a complete player, I said he was more complete than Hoffman. Duclair was on the PK because he was effective, no coach puts offensive guys on the PK solely for counterstrike ability, they need to be able to kill penalties first. He wasn't a stalwart defensively but he also wasn't a constant liability out there like you are trying to suggest. I'd also argue Joseph's defensive acumen is getting overstated here,

We have been in a huge drought scoring 5v5 and are currently bottom 5 in the league scoring 5v5, maybe a little bit of scoring punch from the third line would help, right now our 4th liners in Kastelic, Watson and Kelly have the same amount of ES goals at 6 as our third liners in Brassard, Joseph and Motte with Joseph having a big old goose egg. Third lines need to chip in, ours really hasn't been doing that, heck, two of Brassards ES goals came playing up the lineup with Giroux and Batherson so you could argue the third line has been outscored by our 4th liners (Watson scored one playing up the line too so not by much).
He is better than Hoffman, agreed, and my bad for missing your point.

Anyways, I don’t want to carry this further as I’d be fine with everyone not named Pinto and Kastelic removed from the bottom six for some kids to play.

I would prefer not to rearrange deck chairs, get any worse defensively, or in any way hinder our ability to sign stars and get help in the back end.

That’s it for me on the subject for now, good chats.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
It's just laughable to realize how bad this team actually is! Even with a 18-20 record they are overachieving. But it is what it is.

What's sad is that inquiring Giroux didn't even make us any better, especially on 5on5. Maybe, improved our powerplay, but we are still a pile of sh1t on 5on5. Not to mention we also added DeBrincat, and we fking still suck while New Jersey and Detroit are light years ahead from where they were last year.

This team has some serious bunch of overpaid, overrated players, who are nothing but garbage at even strength, and run hot and cold on special teams. Playing one and done pond type hockey, and failing to assert any real offensive pressure on a consistent bases

The only bright spot on this team is Stutzle, Sanderson and maybe Pinto.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Anyways, I don’t want to carry this further as I’d be fine with everyone not named Pinto and Kastelic removed from the bottom six for some kids to play.
I'm just going to agree with this part and we can call it a day

Sokolov, Grieg, and maybe Crookshank or Lodin are all deserving of a look in the second half.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's just laughable to realize how bad this team actually is! Even with a 18-20 record they are overachieving. But it is what it is.

What's sad is that inquiring Giroux didn't even make us any better, especially on 5on5. Maybe, improved our powerplay, but we are still a pile of sh1t on 5on5. Not to mention we also added DeBrincat, and we fking still suck while New Jersey and Detroit are light years ahead from where they were last year.

This team has some serious bunch of overpaid, overrated players, who are nothing but garbage at even strength, and run hot and cold on special teams. Playing one and done pond type hockey, and failing to assert any real offensive pressure on a consistent bases

The only bright spot on this team is Stutzle, Sanderson and maybe Pinto.

I don't think that they're overachieving at all, I think they are exactly what they are right now.

I see an inconsistent team that has oodles of talent up front, and relies too much on two guys defensively.

Young teams are going to be inconsistent, that shouldn't be surprising to anyone. What sucks is that the defense is clearly not good enough, and nothing is being done to address that. And coaching is seriously letting the team down. Add a legit top 4 defenseman in the offseason, and a coach who can actually convince players to play some sort of defensive system and I think the Senators are a legit playoff team.

Reactions: NB613

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Apparently we are interested in Matt Dumba as per Darren Dreger.

Some thoughts…
Dumba has $6 million cap hit, a NTC, and UFA at the end of the year.
Personally I don’t want Dumba unless it’s for like a 3rd round pick. Have no interest in him here past the end of the year unless it was for a 1 or 2 year deal at $3 million or less.
He is perpetually injured & hasn’t played a full season in about 6 years, also his offence has declined every year and has paced abt 30pts or so for the last number of years.

So from the Minnesota board:
75+ % or so (on a poll of Minny fans in the summer) want him traded.
They also just started a player grade thread on their board. So far 2 have chimed in, the first guy gave him a C and said “not a fan”

The other guy also gave him a C and added this:

C grade (more or less is what he is at this point. Defense has leveled off to a ‘fine’ level and his offense has been hindered by injuries. Willing to stick his nose in but his frame limits his effectiveness here unless he is catching someone with a hit in a bad spot. Careless penalties also need to stop.)

Reactions: Blotto71

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Gotta wonder why a team trying to hold on to a playoff spot is so adamant about trading away a supposed top 4 defenseman.

Could it be he ain't so great anymore?

Reactions: DrEasy and Sens9292

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Chabot + Bath for Konecny + Provorov.
Provorov is not what he was promised to be

This guy is the biggest idiot on Sens Twitter… LMAO

Why. Do you think dumba is very good?

Gotta wonder why a team trying to hold on to a playoff spot is so adamant about trading away a supposed top 4 defenseman.

Could it be he ain't so great anymore?
Dumba has been on the block for the right price forever. Seems like wild don’t think he’s that great but know other GMs may be sucked into thinking he is

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Dumba has been on the block for the right price forever. Seems like wild don’t think he’s that great but know other GMs may be sucked into thinking he is
Guerin is one of the most puzzling GM's in the league. If a gm is okay with $12+ million deadcapsace for 3+ years, I don't question why he makes anyone available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad