Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I mean, Duclair score 30 goals and 58 pts last year, how's he not an upgrade?

Not sure I'm ready to move Brann, I'd rather keep our depth at LD unless we have a better option.
Well he was playing on Florida when they rocked the league, might be a tad hopeful that he’s that guy in general. He is currently rehabbing an achillies injury for a guy who’s skating is his best attribute it’s concerning regardless.

Anyways, he’s not really what I would call a bottom six player though, and I doubt he’s want to be that here to be honest. I think it would be a struggle for him to put up anything near those numbers on our third line while being expected to be a two way player who is hard on the forecheck.

If we need to trade Joseph it won’t be for Duclair that’s for sure, it will be to clear salary and play a kid or league minimum vet to free up cash.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Duclair had 10 goals prior year in 43 games the year before.

The whole team had career years last year
Look at Barkov 39 goals down to 9 so far.
Oh yeah, I gues your right because a 19 goal 61 pts pace isn't an upgrade at all..
No interest in picking up a guy coming off Achilles injury.

The Achilles injury and potential he won't be able to return to form is certainly a legitimate concern.

Plus no room for 3 million next year, it’s been well documented.
We'd be shaving off 4.5 in the transaction not adding 3, Duclair and Joseph are pretty close to money in for money out. The deal rids us of Zaitsev and arguably drastically upgrades Joseph at the cost of Brannstrom and a pick. The risk factor is the injury.

Like I said, I'm not sold on it, but more because I still see more value in keeping Brannstrom than upgrading Joseph.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well he was playing on Florida when they rocked the league, might be a tad hopeful that he’s that guy in general. He is currently rehabbing an achillies injury for a guy who’s skating is his best attribute it’s concerning regardless.

Anyways, he’s not really what I would call a bottom six player though, and I doubt he’s want to be that here to be honest. I think it would be a struggle for him to put up anything near those numbers on our third line while being expected to be a two way player who is hard on the forecheck.

If we need to trade Joseph it won’t be for Duclair that’s for sure, it will be to clear salary and play a kid or league minimum vet to free up cash.
He had a 28 goal pace with us, not sure why he only scored 30 because he was in Florida.

I get not wanting to make the deal, I'm just not sure why the argument against it would be he isn't an upgrade. He's not the guy I'd target, but he's certainly an upgrade.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He had a 28 goal pace with us, not sure why he only scored 30 because he was in Florida.

I get not wanting to make the deal, I'm just not sure why the argument against it would be he isn't an upgrade. He's not the guy I'd target, but he's certainly an upgrade.
And had what 1 goal and an empty netter after Christmas.
Definitely out on him, I saw how EK skated the year after Achilles.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Woof, good point, he did look like it was really affecting him that year and has taken a few years to get back to where he was.
And had what 1 goal and an empty netter after Christmas.
Definitely out on him, I saw how EK skated the year after Achilles.
I wouldn't expect much from him this year because of the injury, but he's still an upgrade over what we are getting out of Joseph imo.

My issue is upgrading Joseph doesn't really address a need, so he wouldn't be my target, particularly at the cost of Brannstrom. I do feel some really underate Duclair though.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I mean, you keep saying that, and in a vacuum perhaps he is over the guys he’d be replacing in Joseph, but he’s not a two way forward and not really a bottom six player in general. In terms of an upgrade on Joseph he can score more goals, presuming he comes back without issue, but doesn’t really play a checking role nearly as effectively, and we haven’t really had a chance to see what Joseph himself can be here yet.

I mean Hoffman was also a scoring upgrade over lots of guys, but also kind of a downgrade as a bottom six player because he isn’t really effective in that role at all. Maybe Duclair would be better?

Anyways, I don’t think we’d want to essentially trade Joseph for Duclair, not really much point, and if we wanted to clear salary, it wouldn’t be for either of those guys.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I mean, you keep saying that, and in a vacuum perhaps he is over the guys he’d be replacing in Joseph, but he’s not a two way forward and not really a bottom six player in general. In terms of an upgrade on Joseph he can score more goals, presuming he comes back without issue, but doesn’t really play a checking role nearly as effectively, and we haven’t really had a chance to see what Joseph himself can be here yet.

I mean Hoffman is also a scoring upgrade, but also kind of a downgrade as a bottom six player because he isn’t really effective in that role. Maybe Duclair would be better?

Anyways, I don’t think we’d want to essentially trade Joseph for Duclair, not really much point, and if we wanted to clear salary, it wouldn’t be for either of those guys.
Duclair is a top 9 forward, which is where he'd play. Joseph being a bottom 6 player doesn't really make him better suited for us. Both were/are effective penalty killers for us, Duclair can just provide more offense and is far better suited to sliding up the lineup in case of injuries. I'm really unconcerned about Duclairs suitability to slide down to the 4th line which seems to be the point you keep hammering on.

Reactions: NB613

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Duclair is a top 9 forward, which is where he'd play. Joseph being a bottom 6 player doesn't really make him better suited for us. Both were/are effective penalty killers for us, Duclair can just provide more offense and is far better suited to sliding up the lineup in case of injuries. I'm really unconcerned about Duclairs suitability to slide down to the 4th line which seems to be the point you keep hammering on.
You are welcome to be unconcerned.

I am also unconcerned since there is no chance we bring him in, and that makes me happy since I have no interest in replacing Joseph with Duclair. For the record though, in his brief time here Joseph looked pretty good sliding up the lineup as well.

I also never mentioned the 4th line, let alone hammered on about it, pretty sure I said 3rd line, and replacing Joseph.

That sounds more like you doing Mick things and moving the goalposts so you can continue to argue for the sake of arguing. I’m not biting lol…

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I wouldn't expect much from him this year because of the injury, but he's still an upgrade over what we are getting out of Joseph imo.

My issue is upgrading Joseph doesn't really address a need, so he wouldn't be my target, particularly at the cost of Brannstrom. I do feel some really underate Duclair though.
Ya, I'd say that about sums up my feelings as well. I like the player and see him as an upgrade, but probably not an ideal target. I thought that was a good point at least as Karlsson looked really off that first year.

If we can move Joseph's salary, it's probably to fit a defenceman.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You are welcome to be unconcerned.

I am also unconcerned since there is no chance we bring him in, and that makes me happy since I have no interest in replacing Joseph with Duclair. For the record though, in his brief time here Joseph looked pretty good sliding up the lineup as well.

I also never mentioned the 4th line, let alone hammered on about it, pretty sure I said 3rd line, and replacing Joseph.

That sounds more like you doing Mick things and moving the goalposts so you can continue to argue for the sake of arguing. I’m not biting lol…
Bottom six were your words on more than one occasion, which by definition includes the 4th line, a line he'd never actually play on here.

Joseph has not looked good at all this year in the top 6, I'd chalk up last year to the adrenaline of being traded, a very small sample, with an unsustainable 21% shooting percentage as well as what would amount to one of the leagues top on ice sh% at 13.73 all situations.

It's a discussion forum, if you don't like being challenged when you make a dubious claim, maybe lay off the hot takes.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Bottom six were your words on more than one occasion, which by definition includes the 4th line, a line he'd never actually play on here.

Joseph has not looked good at all this year in the top 6, I'd chalk up last year to the adrenaline of being traded, a very small sample, with an unsustainable 21% shooting percentage as well as what would amount to one of the leagues top on ice sh% at 13.73 all situations.

It's a discussion forum, if you don't like being challenged when you make a dubious claim, maybe lay off the hot takes.
Yes, not a bottom six player is what I said, and then all the associated words relating him specifically to the third line, zero mention of the the 4th line. Thats not being challenged, it’s you creating your own little arguments about things no one else is talking about. You get called in it all the time.

Reactions: JD1

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
We absolutely do not need Duclair unless it’s for Joseph, and he’s on an expiring contract.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Not opposed to acquiring Duclair or moving Joseph, but would prioritize moving anything for RD help.

If we can move Joseph in a package for someone like Connor Murphy, we'd be set. A 2RD (granted on absolutely shite team). I'd start with Joseph, Zaitsev, Thomson and Washington's 2nd for Murphy and one of their 3rd's next year.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, not a bottom six player is what I said, and then all the associated words relating him specifically to the third line, zero mention of the the 4th line. Thats not being challenged, it’s you creating your own little arguments about things no one else is talking about. You get called in it all the time.
4th line is in the bottom 6 no? Just asking for clarity here.

You've moved the goal posts and gone from claiming he's not an upgrade to he's ill-suited for the role, by defining the role as bottom 6 you try to and strengthen your position, because only reason he isn't a bottom 6 winger is he isnt suited for the 4th line, lots of teams, including us, have played offensive wingers on 3rd lines. Heck, you mentioned Hoffman whose as one dimensional as it gets and even he was quite effective on our 3rd line with Pageau for a while. Duclair pretty clearly upgrades what Joseph has provided this season on the third line, he's far more proven as an option in the top 6 too. He's also an effective penalty killer so we don't lose that,

You claimed he wasn't an upgrade as rationale for not liking the trade, I disagreed and provided substance to back my opinion, that's kind of the point of discussion boards,

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Sens need 4 forwards for the bottom six & 3 defencemen but I have no idea what they should do about goaltending. They will probably need some depth although the guys we are replacing could stay as depth if we can afford some of them. They could get Formenton (HC), Hamonic (age) & Talbot (age) all cheaper given the circumstances or cheaper options.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
DeBrincat - Norris - Batherson
??? (Formenton) - Pinto - ??? (Sokolov)
??? (Ostapchuk) - Kastelic - ??? (Boucher)/Kelly/Joseph

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - ??? (JBD)
??? (Kleven) - ??? (Hamonic)/Thomson

Forsberg - ??? (Talbot/Sogaard)

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020

If we let Talbot walk this offseason, would be interested in maybe trying to grab Vejmelka from Arizona. Have no clue if they have him penciled in as their go-to goalie moving forward, but the guy does quite well considering he's getting peppered every night.

If we try and get them to take Zaitsev in the offseason, maybe we can add a bit to pick him up in the trade. Low cap hit too.

Reactions: bicboi64

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

If we let Talbot walk this offseason, would be interested in maybe trying to grab Vejmelka from Arizona. Have no clue if they have him penciled in as their go-to goalie moving forward, but the guy does quite well considering he's getting peppered every night.

If we try and get them to take Zaitsev in the offseason, maybe we can add a bit to pick him up in the trade. Low cap hit too.

Vejmelka is very much in their future plans. No chance he's moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad